[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

Jack of all trades, master of some edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Chicken Strip Support Group

/dbt/ map: Meet & fuck:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

No Bike? Start here:
Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Beginner-friendly bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

webms with sound:
Previous thread:

sexiest swingarm coming through

I like it, but I also don't.
I have weird tastes tho.

BRROOOORRRRP

I went to uni on my sv and now it's snowing

I AM THE FAGGOT BRAAAPING UP YOUR STREET AT 1AM

and?

I always wanted a sumo.
But the fucking price, I can get a supersport for roughly the same price.
They look really fun tho.

No.

>tfw no beautiful decals for my plastics

looks cheap desu

same
more than two times displacement so more space for noise

spidi, alpinestars, dainese or ixon leathers?

currently leaning towards spidi because they have awesome flouride colors and a massive race hump because im a poser

spidi yes

They're all fine, get the ones you like and can get a good price on.

Just buy a xr650 and put sumo wheels on it

>tfw no pigfat 1 litre bike that only weighs 375 pounds because of its frame that's made out of kevlar and carbonfibre compund

And now there's snow on the road I'll be riding on in about 4 hours

Ok option I suppose.
I feel like getting something smaller for that would be a bit more fun, like a 250-300.
Still dirt bikes in general are more expensive than they should be for what they are.

>tfw no Harley ADV bikes

just focus on class and worry about crossing that bridge when you get to it. worrying isn't going to help you finish your schoolwork.

A 250 or 300 is only going to be fun if they're newer two strokes, and those are expensive as shit. They're expensive for a reason though. They last forever and can take a lot of abuse.

Well, I checked my cl real quick and there was an xr600r going for 1900, but it doesn't run. And it looks like shit.
Then a few listing down, another one but this ran and looked ok going for 1700, so I don't even know anymore. By the time I could get the latter it'd prolly be gone.

Close enough

>701 or 690

I really want the 690 to convert to sumo, but I can't decide.

>SV
Nothing of value will be lost

when a manufacturer does an engine size, say 250cc, why are they actually usually ~245 or in the case of 500cc, usually closer to ~480?

isn't that false advertisement or is there a very good reason that they underpower the engine a tiny bit

needs to be no higher than certain arbitrary numbers to fit that classification, and exact numbers aren't possible/practical so they go slightly below.

Its to confuse idiots and make them ask stupid questions on a south african pajama party forum

good point user thanks

nice double dubs

Depends on if it is to adhere to rules/specific class or not. It could just be the evolution of a motor design as it evolves...gets bored or stroked to increase size.

>groms are slow and boring

They are slow but they're not boring.

So I found out this morning one of my coworkers who started riding motorcycles about the same time as me this summer got in an accident and is living it up in the ICU. I never rode with him but I do know he made some dumb mistakes. I never saw him with gear besides a helmet and he was new to riding but bought an fz09. He did take the MSF course but I guess it didn't do him much good. Im kinda using his mistakes to rationalize how my decisions are much safer but I know it can still happen to me even though I have always worn gear and ride a 300. I'll keep riding but admittedly I'm a little more scared now. You guys ever deal with this?

>He did take the MSF course but I guess it didn't do him much good

The MSF course is a joke, it's less intensive than what we have to do in the UK just to be able to ride a 125 on L plates.

Ultimately, if you ride beyond your capabilities, sooner or later you're gonna fuck up and hurt yourself. Frankly the MSF course doesn't remotely prepare you to ride a motorcycle on the road at all.

To continue, it's up to you to make yourself a better and safer rider. It doesn't matter what bike you're on or how much gear you wear (though obviously it's sensible to wear gear), if you're a bad rider you're gonna hurt yourself, or worse get yourself killed.

Take whatever steps you need to improve your riding, be it getting advanced riding lessons, or just soak up some research and learn some new techniques to make yourself a better rider.

How did he wreck?

I was a coroner. Seen plenty of motorcycles related deaths. It doesn't slow me down at all

>You guys ever deal with this?

The only time I was shaken by someone else's bike crash was when a mate died.

Took me 2 weeks to get confidence back. The only way to deal is to keep riding.

What am I looking at here? I might need one

I learn from others fuckups, but fear rather than cautious respect isn't helpful.

The prize you win by not dying in a crash is slow, miserable death by old age. I'll keep riding.

yes they are

>i ride a smaller bike so i'm much safer

Practice practice practice and record yourself riding. Also don't push your limits, never ride beyond 90% on the street. Being on a 300 doesn't make you any safer. Just be aware all the time and don't be a dumbass

Grom with a YZ250 engine

Post pics of you are bike's!

who /nightshift/ here?

>you are bike
So do bike sonas fall under the Furry umbrella?

This really deserves a wr shop

My motorcycle sat for a couple months because I had to respoke it and put on new tires and just didn't have the time for a while. I finally did it though and put the tires back on and it ran fine late Saturday and all yesterday. This morning I tried riding it and it started sputtering when I'd rev it at around 25 to 30 mph. Is it possible that it has something to do with putting on new tires? I live in a pretty cold and high altitude area so the gas shouldn't have gotten bad after just 2 months but if putting new wheels on wrong doesn't have anything to do with it then I guess it has to be that something made its way into the carb and is clogging it, right?

Kys retard
Post bike

Carb is most likely issue
what bike?

>10°c
>Already dark
>Foggy
>no nm4

M'y bike

2007 Yamaha xt225

>Is it possible that it has something to do with putting on new tires?

Kek no, by the sounds of it you just need to get the old fuel out, put some fresh stuff in and clean your carbs out.

good post

Currently undergoing surgery.

I love how that huge ass pipe turns into a garden hose.

Only if you haven't been naughty

It's a 2 stroke, the big bit is an expansion chamber.

I like the colours.

I'm gonna photoshop out little details like the sign and make it look better.

I got hit by a car two weeks ago and can't wait to get back on my bike, it's all about not being a pussy.

???

Sweet

Here you go, I'll have a play with that one too.

>drz shitbike
>furfag
All adds up

You're an artist user. Good shit my man

passed my theory test today lads :)
got home and got a call saying i got a job too. good day all in all. soon i will have my bigboy bike

although it's a lot bigger than my 125, it feels a bit overwhelming when i sat on it. not sure if 950 is too much for a new rider.

Might be a bit much for a first bike my dude I'll be totally honest.

looks really good user
have fun & stay safe

i dunno what other bike to go for. i like the uniqueness of a royal enfield 500 but it's a single cylinder dadbike, not so fast. i could toot around on that for a year or so. or i could get a nice ninja 300 and customize it with fluo and paint wraps and stuff.

the thing is, i see too many people say that getting anything less than a 600 leaves people wanting more after a few months. unless i did a short spell on a second hand smaller bike to get more accustomed to riding. like a cheap honda 400 or something.

Here you are my dude.

The Enfields are great fun but really slow which is their only drawback.

Their 650 Twins could be something for you as they'll be a bit faster.

It depends ultimately what you're wanting from a bike, if you want to just enjoy some twisties on a pretty bike, the 650 Twin Continental GT would probably be perfect for you, maybe a Triumph Street Twin or Thruxton R if you're willing to spend the money.

>unless i did a short spell on a second hand smaller bike to get more accustomed to riding

Also a good idea, you don't wanna get a posh fancy new bike and bin it from inexperience.

Ohhh. Thats clean as fuck. 10/10 good user

You're welcome my dude.

Anybody else want any pictures playing with? I'm bored and have photoshop.

Fuck your duplicate reply protocol 4chin...

I could but the picture is blurry as shit so it's still going to be a terrible picture.

yo
Fair enough

That's a really nice picture user, I had a play with it because I'm bored.

I did it anyway because it was easy.

But you shooped out the suzuki

As asked.

>getting anything less than a 600 leaves people wanting more after a few months
Get a 300 and every time you think that, ride it harder

Took my bike outside and used the rear stand to lift it up to clean the disk brake. Go inside for a few minutes and come back out to the stand gave way and bike fell onto its kick stand

I'm tired of this rear/front tire lift shit. What center jack does Veeky Forums recommend?

>tfw not summer
>not able to ride in a tank top, cargo shorts and flip-flops

>rear stand

Wat, do you mean centre stand?

Also if you're after an aftermarket stand, Abba stands are good, pic related.