/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 18th of July:
1290 – King Edward I of England issues the Edict of Expulsion, banishing all Jews (numbering about 16,000) from England; this was Tisha B'Av on the Hebrew calendar, a day that commemorates many Jewish calamities.
1391 – Tokhtamysh–Timur war: Battle of the Kondurcha River: Timur defeats Tokhtamysh of the Golden Horde in present-day southeast Russia.
1870 – The First Vatican Council decrees the dogma of papal infallibility.
1944 – World War II: Hideki Tojo resigns as Prime Minister of Japan because of numerous setbacks in the war effort.

>News
CK2 DD 55 - Nurture vs Nuisance
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-55-nurture-vs-nuisance.1030752/

EU4 DD 20/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-20th-of-june-2017.1031010/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.7 - 18/07/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!I6YQ2CIQ
mega.nz/#!I6YQ2CIQ!DccpNgvNMP1Kx0AntkcQeb0mhlxd1Lx5Go9dsp3EPPE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatay_Province
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How does modding Vic2/EU4/HOI4 work? Is there a tool? Or is it all manual?

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

white men

>thats not the right event
Then what the fuck event did I get?

Is Geheimnisnacht worth playing?

I might change Hatay's color too.

How do I become strong as the crimean khans

If you're putting your country in northern Iraq, why not just make it Kurdistan? I agree that Hatay should be a country tag, tho.

its not to be a historical country just to do some assimilation shit he said

>the absolute state of the Ottoman "Empire"

kk. Before I forget, could you P L E A S E flesh out Napoleon's events a bit? If you were to simulate the Napoleonic era being reignited if Napoleon defeats the Germans, I'll cum.

It extends from Syria to Iraq. Like in Kurdistan stops assimilation for the Kurds.

It is historical, though it historically didn't extend to Iraq.

Could you send me that save?

It will be if I merge both.
Having land connection doesn't mean you will find it. It's more about the country being interested in doing it, actually. In the future I might change the event chain to a decision and tie it to techs.

WAIT WHAT THE FUCK

TURK WHY

If the Napoleonic era was "reignited" there would be another Coalition war with basically all the other GPs and their spheres declaring war.

White Men

I want that, it's the challenge I crave. If it also gave France CBs, stat boosts, etc, while boosting conservative growth and rebels in other Euro countries, HNNNNNNNG.

Yeah you should add that

The French minimod exists for this purpose user.

What are it's names in various government forms? Hatay doesn't make sense, as Hatay is solely the name of that Turkish micropenis in Syria.
I recommend:
For democracies: Turkic Republic of the Levant
For monarchies: Levantine Kingdom
For Commies: Workers state of the Levant
For Fascists: Seljuk State/Empire
Borgeoise dictstorship: Turk Free State

I'll do some flags for you later, I'm not claiming they'll be as good as AFPG's, but they won't be shit.

And while I'm at it, please make it so the bonapartiste doesn't disappear, even if Bonaparte is still in power.
What is that? Is it balanced? Does it do what I'm talking about? Link?

You should add this, complete with a confedeestion of the Rhine. Do it as the Limburg crisis is, where Germany has to defeat every Euro GP.

Leave the Turk to me and the Anglo.

Thinking of eventually taking Thrace and releasing it as the Byzantine tag, maybe rename it to Free City of Constantinople or something.

Make me a flag for a Metternich's Legacy Austrian Empire.

Russia got fucked by the eternal anglo

I'm inclined to agree with 1. Agreed. Done.
2. No. Since it's an agreement between both parties, you only get cores if both agree. If you want more, declare war normally.
3. I will fix it.
4. I need to revise how NNM does the FSA. I will do that when I get there.

This can be done already, for the most part. Just go over the infamy limit.

I will keep Hatay as it's modelled after the Republic of Hatay.

I laughed.

They obviously want your dick in their ass

ehehhehhheeh sweden is benis

I'm not trying to say it's all or nothing, but if Napoleonic France were fleshed out at least a bit I'd be happy. Link to francemod? How is it?

next release when?

Thanks.
>I will do that when I get there.
Is that going to be any time soon?The whole disunited states/alternative ACW really could use some changes(as well as the normal ACW)

How would You partition a country between multiple other countries?
Would You do it by event, by decision, would you have the event fire during the war or after it?
Or what would you do

Looks like I need to cheatowner a bit to fix this GrossBosniums. Also is assimilating Vojvodina redpilled?

heres the la plata save. i havent actually uploaded anything to mega before so hpefully i did it right
mega.nz/#!I6YQ2CIQ

>Looks like I need to cheatowner a bit to fix this GrossBosniums
Don't you have a decision to puppet and then annex them?Sounds like that is a good thing

sorry that was with a key heres without mega.nz/#!I6YQ2CIQ!DccpNgvNMP1Kx0AntkcQeb0mhlxd1Lx5Go9dsp3EPPE

>keyLogger.exe
you aren't fooling anyone

Louis XV fucking SUCKS

what? i genuinely dont know what you mean, like i said ive only used mega to download from never upload so i fucked up the first one

Still, create a Confederation of the Rhine tag, it sucks that you get to the Rhine as Nappy and then can't reasonably go further. Add a decision if France owns the Rhineland to give them cores.

why the fuck should France get cores on the Rhineland?

There's already a Rhineland tag, just puppet/release them

There's a Rhineland tag
This

Monarchies in general are shit user, but Bourbons and Habsburgs are by far the worst.

Wait what is this Hatay? Wikipedia says it was a transitional political entity. How is this tag supposed to work? Why does it go all the way to northern Iraq?

>Habsburgs are by far the worst.
wrong

see

>I will keep Hatay as it's modelled after the Republic of Hatay.
Yes, but Hatay is literally the name of that little province, it's like calling France "The Republic of Paris".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatay_Province
at least rename fascist hatay something to do with the seljuks

Prove me wrong. Habsburg decadent courts are a proven fact, though like I said Bourbons aren't much better.

>Wikipedia says it was a transitional political entity
>The state
>Government Republic
>President Tayfur Sökmen
>Prime Minister Abdurrahman Melek
>political entity
take a guess what "Political entity" means

wow an hour and no one answered you. it's all manual

Hatay was a temporary state for a small part of Northern Syria before it was annexed by Turkey.

based

RIP Ottoman Empire.

1299-1875.

kk. Which one is easiest to do manually?

Take Constantinople you fag
AEIOU

Why does that Bosnia have Serbian lands?

I think victoria 2

Apparently you're not given a choice to join Bohtan as the player. I was kind of betting on that to break away from the Turks. Any advice? Should I just wait until the Ottomans break up and see if my 6k troops will be able to stop them? They might just take the decision to annex me soon, though.

Planning on it once this truce runs out.

Peace deal fucked it up. I moved to release all of them but for some reason Bosnia got a huge chunk. Will cheatowner to fix.

T U R K I S H F R E E S T A T E
U
R
K
I
S
H

F
R
E
E

S
T
A
T
E

They're all pretty much the same. Once you understand one, the rest will be pretty easy.

That's good, it's my fav. How does one do it?

r8

I'd recommend downloading a mod for whatever game you choose and looking through it. There's also tutorials on the paradox wiki of any given game.

>but Hatay is literally the name of that little province
I know. It's still being called Hatay.

>at least rename fascist hatay something to do with the seljuks
No.

The name comes from
>"Hattena" people that later gave the modern province of Hatay its name
It doesn't mean only the province modern province. Either way, it's staying the way it is now.

I don't know. Some stuff might come sooner than later, right now I need to fix the CSA having no soldier pops.

Thanks!
Is it in the current version or the old one? Did you upgrade in the middle of the game?

Depends on the country.
Probably event.
After it.

good morning lads

More like "The Republic of Bourdeaux" tbqh

>its another UK leaves no troops in India and gets occupied by Montenegro episode

What is it with ancaps taking over Turkey? This isn't the first game its happened in.

How goes progress? I want to see your mod done so I can do a GrossSpainiums run

Are you pretending to be retarded, lads?

I never said France should get cores on jack shit, I said there should be a fonfederation of the Rhine tag so France can make pic related borders.

Literally when did I say, or even imply France should get cores on anything? I know this general isn't know for it's glut on native English English speakers but at least try to read posts before you reply to them.

Currently when you play as France you get to the Rhine and there's no way to puppet the German states as a collective, you can only puppet Westfalen, Hannover, and a rump Rhineland that won't even ally you because you hold it's cores

Please reply to , ignore the retards saying I wanted France to have cores on the Rhineland because they can't read English,

You'd be stomped either way. What you're supposed to do is play as the bigger Persian puppet, civilize and get sphered by Russia.

Bordeaux is a city not a region
so it would be "The Republic of Gascogne"

Well I just have to finish up Ohio, then do the rest of Louisiana
After that I will probably change some provinces in Asia and start writing some events (maybe)

That makes sense, thanks user.

There's already a Rhineland tag and they already have cores in the state.

You're both wrong, it would be the republic of Il de France.

>creates a gross rhineland puppet
>it instantly becomes a GP since it owns 90% of Germany
wtf I hate nappy now

Integrate HPM into it or dropped.

Uhhhh... it's based on HPM lad what the fuck are you talking about

How'd you do this lad? It seems hard to beat britain early
Would you consider a larger penalty to puppet's prestige and perhaps military score too. Puppets should have a really hard time becoming GPs, also the whole idea of a puppet being a GP seems kind of stupid

>France puppets Germany after WW2 via the EU
>Germany becomes a GP
>now France is in Germany's sphere
:(((

It's HPM + HPM Alternate History Mod.
In this mod, Britain only has a few holdings in India, with the rest being native nations.
This is also how I managed to beat Britain's industry from the start; by getting a shitload of valuable resources in India instead of Britain.

I don't just want Rhineland as a puppet, I want the Confederation of the Rhine as a puppet, currently in order to do that you need to retardedly spam tiny German puppets. Rhineland only has cores on the Rhineland and eastern Rhineland, meaning if you release them they only have a tiny territory in the Eastern Rhineland and I want them to have most of Germany.

>Alternate History
wew lad

where can I find this mod, I want to put burgundy in HPM

When are you adding the Meuse?

France minimod lad. There isn't enough historical basis for Nappy 3 retrying OG Nappys borders

If anything, someone should mod in more German OPMs that you can liberate from Prussia to weaken it.

>and I want them to have most of Germany.
I won't do it. If you take most of the Rhineland territory and want them to own most of the territory outside them rhineland, it's obviously not going to work out.

They already lose double the prestige that a GP gains.

I don't know.

>There isn't enough historical basis for Nappy 3 retrying OG Nappys borders
Yeah, but literally every France player goes for Nappy 1 borders.

What is the name of that GrossOrthodoxiums country that was proposed with all Greeks and Bulgarians in it?

ModDB

GroBOrthodoxia

>I don't know
Does that mean no?

There was a time when Macedonia had Greek as an accepted culture and it was possible to do it

Yugoslavia?

No in real life lads, I've seen the wikipedia posted here before

updated I hope

If I want to add a country from one mod to yours which files will I need to transfer