Like the clean, not angry styling of volkswagens

>like the clean, not angry styling of volkswagens
>but their unreliable expensive to fix pieces of shit anyways
anyone else know this feel?

It's a shame they make the only cheap wagon in North America. I'll never buy one.

I have a 2013 2.5 SE Jetta and it's been pretty reliable so far, currently at 55k miles. The only thing I've done to it besides general maintenance is changed the dying battery when I bought it from the owner, also from what I've heard it's the 2.5 that can be fairly more reliable then the base model one's.

>falling for the le vw is unreliable meme
Lol

Are they really unreliable?

Seriously considering upgrading from my Lancer to a GTI

i believe only the 1.4 tsi engines were flawed
all the modern NA engines are pretty good and simple if you're worried about the tarbos

That they are less reliable than Toyota/Honda is beyond dispute. But what really fucks people is the service costs.

300k miles here and still going strong

Yeah that's true, there's also some minor inconveniences of owning a European car that doesn't exist with Domestic and Asian brands. There's different check engine codes, different unique car designs, sealed transmissions, automatic transmissions are shit, and so on. If you're familiar with them or want to get familiar with them, they can be actually pretty decent vehicles probably better than owning some domestic brands but I remember when I got into owning one and there was a lot of strange designs with the vehicles and I felt like I was researching the vehicles non-stop because of retarded (x) reason the Europeans came up with.

What is this unreliable meme americans always spout about german cars?

They are super reliable in germany. Is it because germany has an autistic mandatory 2 year check for cars or else they are off the road combined with the autism germans display when it comes to maintenance?

i highly suspect that americans just love to finance a toyota with one of their 12 credit cards and drive it till it falls apart without ever maintaining it so they can take out another loan to buy a new one

dumb fucking americans

>Hey guys I have a car with only 55k miles and it's been pretty reliable
He thinks 55k miles is long enough to show it's reability.

Most people have complained that Mk6 VW's have some sort of major fuck up before the 50k miles mark. That's the reason why I said that, I never understood the whole " lol VAG" meme. I had a 2004 Jetta with 220k and the only thing I replaced was the water pump, I had it for 6 years.

Because the volkswagens that we get an the US are hecto in mehixo

No, they're ugly boyracer trash

>been wanting a Golf forever
>poorfag wagecuck so reliability and being cheap to fix are the most important criteria for a car

ES6 19J

I’d love a diesel golf and I really love the non aggressive styling, I just don’t wanna have to deal with the downsides of a German car.

Should i get a used golf r with 17k miles? It was in one minor accident according to the carfagx

Ya got me. I was lazy with the edit.

yes ... im a VW tech and i wouldn't recommend anyone buy a used European car with out a warranty only unless your a mechanic

In Europe VWs are built in Germany and they have a reputation for good reliability. Perhaps american VAG products are shit because they are built by spics

>unreliability

No its more like because the soyboys and niggers who own VWs in the USA don't do any basic preventative/regular maintenance on their car.

You mean downgrading.

>Is it because germany has an autistic mandatory 2 year check
yes.
American and Jap cars are just built with practically no maintenance in mind. You can go 15k without an oil change and never changing your air filter.

Plenty of cars are made in Mexico, it doesnt change the actual design of the car, its just some factory workers putting legos together.

You can have some mexican designed car, and it doesnt matter if germans put it together, its going to still be shit. That criticism when it comes to cars being assembled in certain places is moot.
Look at how Ford's Euro/Mazda collaborations blow their in house designs out of the water, no mater where they are assembled. Actually, looks like somehow all the guys making good econobox designs in Europe went to Ford of Europe instead of VAG

Agreed. Thought I was the only one here SHIT.

Not a VW tech but maybe you guys can relate
>VAG wiring connectors
>mfw

opinions on the 3l tfsi?

They are a pain in the ass on older cars. Also fuck putting bumpers on these damn things it has 50 damn clips plus you need tard strength to push them in.

They are alright performance wise but you will hate your life if you have to do a timing job. Make sure you check for the upper cam seals for leaks if you buy a audi or vw as it is really common.

Is the 2.5 i5 really as durable as some people meme it out to be?

No. But it seems reliable when compared to the other VAG offerings.

they are pretty good they seldom come in for major service. The 1.4,1.8, and 2.0 are the most common with problems
1.4 grenade themselves, 1.8 leak oil at early mileage, and the 2.0 has cam issues.
worst thing about the 2.5 is the fucking air filter they attached it to engine cover its all one piece.

I want to sell mine to get something more reliable (or a motorcycle), but I doubt I could get much money for it

You'll get more money from a part out.

part 2.
1.8 and 2.0 waterpumps go out like clockwork. any manual 1.8 and 2.0 will have problems with the dualmass flywheel if driven like madman. it will start grinding itself to death and make a slight squeaking noise when turning left.

That'd take too long and I'd still want something to drive around in the meantime

American reliability is simple.

If it cant run 100k miles with an handful of oil changes and maybe a strut or two. It's not reliable.

My seat ibiza 1.6TDI has done 130k miles and hasnt needed anything major

nice try GM shill

I've had a 2004 Jetta for 2 years now.

I'll be honest, I really fucking hate my car. Windshield cracked, front door is fucked up. Every winter and summer coolant troubles left and right. Often breaks down every week during the winter and it makes my day a fucking hassle.

If I had the money, I'd trade it for a Civic or an Integra ASAP.