/vn/ - American Edition

Visual Novel General #1548

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13470848
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Another reminder that A-3 fucking never

Gee thanks

Doodler a faggot and shoud be fired from MG.

My company

Kys you salty, anti-shill

G-guess I'll have to buy it then

sukisuki fucking when?

What makes her so much better than her sister?

kys doodler boyfriend

>teasing
found it

Kei best girl

it's not different in the purchased version. it's still lossy.

very common (and frustrating) problem with Doujin OSTs. even Umineko's OST, in its purported "lossless" version, is riddled with a few lossy transcodes.

>you will die before Majikoi A-5 gets translated

Goodbye /vn/
I'm leaving this ghetto.

when doodshit finished P5 and FF XV

Fuck off, Higurashi gets priority

Alright anons, I need your help choosing what to read.
True end to Kira Kira,
Or Marie's route in Dies irae.

Are teasing nee-sans always the best girls?

Stacy a shit

Yes.

You guys know Dodd isn't even doing SukiSuki right?

Oh shit, my first VN crus

Dies irae

Io a shit

Is it good VN? Always wanted to read it, but all those new versions kinda bothered me.

What was the job rejection email like?

Can you fuck her/

Nah

strawpoll.me/13470848

Let's settle this once and for all.

No. MC worse than even Hatsukois faggot.

It's a pretty enjoyable moege yeah but people these days may find it to be generic. The VN is like 14 years old.

Feels bad man :(

Is there an "I don't care but I just want the shitposting to stop

I guess I will read it another day. Honestly I just care about Nee-san.

How did TakaJun mess up this simple, important line? His translation was awkward at times but it retained the meaning of the text pretty well overall.

He translated 自身 (jishin) to "your body", but jishin refers to "your self". So he's saying their fight is not a physical battle against another, but an internal battle in which they wager themselves. Write it how you want but it's the self, not the body.

I'm pretty upset that he got such a simple word wrong, since it's a really cool line.

Why do we like doddler again?

>You guys know Dodd isn't even doing SukiSuki right?
Yes, it seems like we go over it every thread. That one guy is just shit posting about doddler at this point.

If doddler was actually the reason behind the 6 month beta testing I would join him in the shitposting.

>You need to suck our dicks like Doodler did then we can hire you!

>but it retained the meaning of the text pretty well overall.
Really? I only ever hear people bashing it.

I think it's less we "like" him as much as he's really all MG has that's consistent so there isn't really a need for the hate.

>no one will ever translate the Ikusa Megami series to english
Not like this.

You should try at Sekai Project they will likely hire anyone.

I thought it did. From my past experiences people like to complain about the flow of the prose, not so much the literal meaning.

probably because it reads like a middle-school student wrote it

So what comes after W Happiness? Bokuten?

That, ImoPara 2, or that Otome game

Damekoi I hope.

Unless they don't actually have a position for you. Then you'll have to crowdfund your way home

That or ImoPara2

>So he's saying their fight is not a physical battle against another, but an internal battle in which they wager themselves
You mean Kotomine is saying that right? That's cool, the original translated line never really made sense to me.

Bravo ScaJi

I have so far successfully managed to avoid learning who Doddler actually is. Every time I learn, I strive to forget again.

>sukisukis been in beta testing for over half a year
>there are probably at least 3 games that will come out before it does

Why are you replying to yourself?

>when your game takes so long to release you go bankrupt
LMAO

It obviously is related to the bankruptcy of their parent company.

There are at least 3 games that are ahead of it as well dude. BokuTen's like a year and a half overdue

Yeah, "he" as in Kirei, that's what I meant. I worded it like a retard, sorry.

But I'm not.

>you will die before you'll learn japanese

Their otome game is probably up next. They pointed out that it is nearly out of Beta recently, and they had previously described it as a Summer release.

>doddler could have saved them if he wasn't busy playing P5

So, if I self insert as Mercurius, do I also have to self insert as Ren?

You could have saved it if your interview went better.

When does the school drama stop in 11eyes, this is getting tiring.

>expecting doodshit to finish bokuten in a timely fashion
KEK!

I doubt the whole time it has been related to that. It would be nice if MG would say something regarding the bankruptcy of chublesoft and their localization. If they are to believed on their status page, theyve done majority of the work and just gotta test it out. Be a shame to just quit when they could still generate some money with what they have done. This isn't the first time this happened to a company going bankrupt while being localized, though I cant remember the VNs name at this point. But maybe MG has so much going on that they can afford to cut their loses?

Some of it I don't understand why they space it out like they do. I understand if you have two moege that you don't want to release them at once, but otome is a different demographic entirely and shouldn't affect people wanting to get a moege. Though I guess there is more of a gray line when talking about utsuge and plotge or a some other genre that shares a lot of the same fanbase.

Let's see if the new filter works

BokuTen isn't otome though

SukiSuki was announced around exactly a year ago. MG's standard for releasing games of that length is around a 1 and a half year wait. If only because of programming bottlenecks and trying to optimize their release schedule so that there's a variance of genres.

It'll certainly be released this year, but who knows how late. There's a few other titles that will likely take priority over it, but it really depends on what's ready for release.

not your safe space, doodler scum.

Name five (5) VNs that don't read like a middle schooler wrote it.

So after Wagamama what's the next (probable) SP release? Ley-Line?

Basically any VN that hasn't been tainted by garbage EOP """translations"""

Hopefully Ne no Kami 2

If you had put as much effort into your interview as you shitpost you might have got that job.

p-.... errr....
H-....
D-....

nevermind

Let's hope some yuri trash doesn't come before Ley-Line

Let's hope some yuri treasure comes before Ley-Line

What is the next vn doodler going to ruine because of FF XV?

I haven't seen shitposting this relentless since the h3h3 guy was at his peak.

Better reply to each post he makes

doodler was a mistake

let the mods take care it

Stop spamming, you retards.

>/vn/ awawawa's like it never awawawa'd before and the shitposts get deleted

It's not like an industry organization like ESRB looks at it and uses the Miller test to determine if it should be allowed or not.

If someone complains to the FBI or state attorney general (or whatever their equivalent for other countries), then the people who distributed it can get arrested and they have to go to court to defend themselves. That is a process that takes months and costs a shitload of money. No one really wants to take that kind of risk

We're not merely awawawaing, we're celebrating!
Rejoice, my fellow anons! For law has been restored!

this is my personal favorite
also My loli

Keep spamming, you geniuses.

That girl was almost too loli for me. Like goddamn her H-scenes looked like MC was really committing a crime. Still cute as fuck though.

My loli