Opinions on the Mazda RX-7?

Opinions on the Mazda RX-7?

You can hardly tell it's a batty anymore except for the quarter panel and boot shaping.

Looks like pigfat. Also that hood.

Mazda RX7 is the best Japanese production car of its generation, and potentially since its production. I've owned multiple R34 GTR's, Supra RZ's, and SZR's and a few other of that gen that aren't as notable like Silvias's and non GTR skylines. The RX7 (2002 in my case) treads each metric of measuring cars of the like in the best manner. It looks the best, arguably sounds the most unique, and has supreme handling and driver feedback resulting in an awesome driving experience through bends and in a straight line. Of all the cars i've owned, it gets the most attention (if thats what you're in to) if you drive it through the city on a friday night, and has the best feedback from the controls to the driver. Was never a total fan of the getrag in the Supra and 34 GTR, or the GTR's seating positions. The only arguments for the 34 GTR is that more young (busrider/jobless) people who know what it is sperg out about it more recently since they have appreciated. Supras look odd from the front in most cases, and always are assumed to be a non turbo and most probably automatic from where im located. I love the selfishness, and anti social nature of the RX7. It fits two people, its smelly, its noisy, and it consumes a lot of petrol, with no regard given to those around it. Its awesome.

now thats some tasty pasta.

>can't afford 15 year old shitbox japanese cars worth 50k AUD at a stretch, when every soccer mum is driving 100k land cruisers
>calls it pasta

>buying into the japcrap meme, and then the rotary meme to top it off.

Enjoy rebuilding your engine every 10K miles. And thanks for helping the enviroment with all that oil you're burning! On the plus side I guess you dont really need a heater...

>every 10K miles
>burning oil
Mutually exclusive desu.

>helping the enviroment
good one m8

>doesn't understand it burns oil by design
>doesn't recognise mazda was so confident they offered a lifetime warranty on their S6 engines
>thinks because his b18 in his civic burning oil is bad its the same as a rotary

this is what busriders actually think.

This guy said it all. They may not be the fastest or prettiest, but you can't get better handling and feedback for the money.

>Ozutsu Blacksun J-GT

The thing looks more like a FTO or something

Its good

thats what I was thinking. It's the grille, it looks insanely similar to the grille of early 2000's mitsubishi's because of that small triangle in the middle.
Also FC > FD > FB in terms of looks

TRIANGLES

This is copypasta
Supra and R34 shits on the RX7

>Supra shits on the RX7
Not in comfort and looks. Re-read the post.

It's p good desu

i actually owned one and it fuckig sucked.
ive owned many pigfat muscke cats and not a single one was anywhere near as unreliable. the damn thing might as well habe been made of plastic for how easily it broke. not to mention how foreign and wierd a wankel is for anyone who doesnt know a shitload about them. replacement parts that i bought in owning it for only 3 years totalled around 11k.
unless you are rich as fuxk and ready for a memed up pile of taco bell sounding shit never i repeat never buy one of these. please.

FDs are overpriced
/thread

>featherweight engine that revs to numbers yet to be discovered by science
>to have the car reliable you must drive it and hoon it daily
>braps
>pshyoows
>bangs
>flames
>popups
>looks futuristic today
>drinks fuel and oil and gives 0 fuck about anything but goan fast and boost
honeslty 10/10 car and engine. People who ls swap it are normies. When v8 goes to sleep it checks its cupboard for the wankel

The RX-7 is a meme, only reason people like it is the engine which is it's weakest point. 1st gen is the only one that isn't completely ugly or bland.

Easily has the worst fanbase of any of the big 90's Japanese sports cars too.

Nooooooo, Supra is 100x more comfortable than a RX-7, it's not even comparable. Looks are subjective but the FD is uglier than the A80 and the FC is uglier than the A70.

>Easily has the worst fanbase of any of the big 90's Japanese sports cars too.

>Nooooooo, Supra is 100x more comfortable than a RX-7, it's not even comparable. Looks are subjective but the FD is uglier than the A80 and the FC is uglier than the A70.

:^)

Isn't the community one of the smaller ones of jdms? Genuine question.

Supra fanboys are just as bad with their “MUH 1000HP” memes

Veeky Forums believes there is absolutely no other metric by which to measure a car other than handling figures and curb weight.

I agree, user.

>comfort
>GT vs. sports

Don't know why you even tried that argument.

>looks
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I find the A80 Supra to be the most attractive car under $100,000, including the FD, but that's my personal opinion. I love the way it looks and prefer it in every way.

Also, I know an FD owner and he complained about it breaking literally every week. And he bought a damn good condition one, and he actually loves them, not just a case of having too much money, and even he said it's not worth it.

I'm a Supra fan and I wish those fuckers would go away and kill themselves. Not everyone cares about that.

The FD is the most popular car on Veeky Forums. In terms of general popularity it's still in the top 4 of all time, if not top 3. Not small in the slightest.

bepis

apocalypse had a terrible handling model