Buying a car

What is the best reliable every day driver for around 12k? I am a university student looking to buy his first car, but don't know much.

Reliability and good mileage are the most important.

Thank you

a $3000 Honda Civic sedan.

Not joking. Pic related is mine.

>university student
>reliabilty and good mileage are the most important

wtf? nigga ur in university ... not a father of fucking 4

buy a nice car, lift and get some pussy

Perhaps my intents should be checked. But it's not like I am studying abroad, and I plan to live here awhile so I would like to use the car for work and shit too.

What nice 12k budget car would you recommend then for getting pussy lol? i already got lifting covered.

you are beyond saving

go buy your reliable anti fun econobox and make excel sheets about your fuel savings and waste the best years of your life

Moron. "Waste a ton of money so you have to live meagerly now!"

>>Best years of your life
>>People with Poor-people-mentality believe this

Buy a cheap shitbox like the Civics being suggested op.

a civic, toyota camry, nissan altima, all those generic shitboxes will be reasonably fine. Toyota and Honda are my preferences.

Be frugal and careful now, buy a big ass house with a massive pool when you're done with school and do hella coke.

>Buy a cheap shitbox like the Civics being suggested op.

What year should I go for? Is here any point in me spending extra and getting a 2013-2014 or something, or should I buy a 2008

>Be frugal and careful now, buy a big ass house with a massive pool when you're done with school and do hella coke.

yeah all these hoes you miss out in your 20s need a home to live in and someone who takes them in after their roastie surgery

good soy boy ... get your degree and work your ass off : ^ >

What would be a nice car to buy for £8000 ish, just got a new job so I can buy something a lot nicer now, currently using a 2005 Corsa C with 40k miles, it's okay for now but want something that's fun to drive and looks nice.

The 2012-15 Civics feel like a step down in a lot of respects. Like an attempt to out-Corolla the Corolla.

so a corolla is a better choice than the civic as far as newer models go?

One last bump

just get a civic for 3k. why finance a shitty econobox for 12k?

01-05

You can get an 8th gen Civic Si with just under 100k miles for under 12k. They're reliable, sound great, and you can have enough fun when you want to with an 8k redline and one of the best manual transmissions for the price. For much less, you can get an LX or EX of the same gen and get a bump in economy at the cost of fun. Don't get a 3k civic or something with 150k+ miles if you don't know what to look for in a used, high mileage civic and can't spare the time to fix shit on your own. Don't get a 7th gen civic with an auto. 9th gen civics somehow feel cheaper inside, are still high in price, have a less interesting engine, and are heavier.

Fuck rice, buy something actually decent.

Like what

Honda with VTEC
BMW / Mercedes anything
Lincoln Town Car cause im da b0ss

get a fucking E46 and learn how to drift

So many anti-fun faggots on here.

Plenty of fun, fast and affordable cars in his price range.

Dont listen to these poorfags, if you have a 12k budget look at 2011+ Civic Si or Mk6 GTI maybe even Fiesta ST if you stretch out a bit or find a good deal. RWD offerings include 2008+ 328i, Maybe an FRS if you find a really good deal, Lexus IS250 or IS350, 2011+ Mustang V6 with a manual. But for reals do your own research.

Dont fall for the reliability meme, if you treat a car right and do maintenance especially on modern cars you will be fine no matter what car unless it was hooned or really old and negelcted or was an RX8.

Life is too short to drive a boring car, there is a no reason to buy a 12k shitbox but if you do get a no fun econobox don't spend more than 5k. Spending 12k to have a no fun car should be a crime

the issue is that OP is the anti fun faggot

he apparently doesnt want a fun fast car. He just wants a shitty econobox that doesnt break down cause hes behaving like a boomer on his final lap in his early 20s lol

This, get the angery jelly bean

Elliot Rodger also thought like you and wanted a fun fast car but that didn't get him laid. Enjoy watching your sister fuck OP while you sit in your nice beemer crying :)

Toyota Camry, Honda Civic/Accord, Ford Focus, Toyota Matrix, Saab 9-3/9-5(if good with cars otherwise no), older BMWs were pretty good cars too(if good with cars again), Hyundai Sonata/Elantra, Nissan Altima. Personally I'd go with a Toyota, or a Honda but there are a lot of good used cars if you are good with repairs.

For utilarian purposes, ehh... they’re about the same. But there’s no real reason to get either in terms of newer models when the Mazda3 exists.

Elliot did not have a fun fast car.