It's pretty much fucked guys. Fixing it wouldn't be worth it, (6k...

It's pretty much fucked guys. Fixing it wouldn't be worth it, (6k, insurance told me to fuck myself) and I don't know what to do now

Why me Veeky Forums? I had just gotten done washing and cleaning it. Someone else share this feel and how you bounced back, my heart is broke.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AkqK-vHcmAI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=AkqK-vHcmAI

mail your wing to frostys prison

I got in a wreck in my first car a while back, and I know that feel. What I'm doing is storing it while I save up the money to fix it, I'm not concerned about how much it costs. Some things are worth more than money, and the memories, hard work, and success is worth getting it fixed to me. Look for that same value for yourself, and make the decision that you feel best about.

Rip out the Ls and find a v6 one and swap it

At this point I'm either going to get a Motorcycle or see if I can find a Trans am in good condition. I've only had it for a few years, it is my first car, but I'm not going to get rid of it, I'm gonna put it in storage.

But if I can buy an 89 Trans am in good condition for the same amount it would cost to fix this, probably going with with the 89.
It is a v6, which is why I'm not keen on repairing it. If it was an LS I'd fix it or swap it.

>It is a v6, which is why I'm not keen on repairing it. If it was an LS I'd fix it or swap it.

Nigga you were fucked before you wrecked it.

>Someone else share this feel and how you bounced back, my heart is broke.
Just suck it up and move on, I've been through 5 cars.

If it makes you feel better i have seen people buy nicer cars and write them off within 2 weeks of buying them, before the insurance was even approved.

Yeah
Trying
Pieces of shit

If you lived closer I'd give you a good quarter panel and rear bumper. Fo free.

...did you wreck it or someone hit you

Absolute dimwit.

Wreck, it was my fault, which made it worse.

fucking stupid burger

Sorry fellow f body bro
May she hoon eternally in heavens roads

89 is fucking garbage bro. Don't waste your time an anemic 305 or worse yet that shitty crossfire fuel injection or misfire as I call it. Go old enough to get a 350 small block and hot rod the fuck out of it or new enough for an LS.

Op, where u located?

The body at least
>V6
Nothing of value was lost
Were you actually hot doggin it or did you pull out infront of someone

I'll buy the shell.

It happens. I wrecked my e30 after having it on the road for 3 days. I spent a month working on the engine and $1000 on some rust repair just to slam it into a wall on my way home from work. For the next month I felt like the universe itself played a huge joke on me and I still dream about that car.

Gonna fix it though.

Denver
I'll keep that in mind thanks.
Pulled out
Yeah I'm still deciding what to do, thanks for sharing.

Rip. Happened to me in October. I only have liability insurance. Fucking sucks.

Yeah I didn't have collision insurance because shits so fucking expensive.

This incident just further convinces me car insurance is a fucking scam. My fault or not, insurance company would have told me to suck their cock and swallow. Now both our premiums go up, even though I tried to handle it outside insurance and offered to buy them a new bumper on their piece of shit suv.

>car insurance is a fucking scam
That's why they have to pay-off the politicians to make it mandatory.

Exactly. I was totally willing to pay for the damages that fucking day, I told them I'll buy them a new bumper and we can just not go to insurance. Of course though they have to be greedy Jews and go through insurance for their fucking run down suv to try and get some quick cash.

I'm the one out of a fucking car, be decent people and do the right thing. If I was texting on my phone or ran a red light not paying attention, sure, but this was different.

6k would be a great downpayment on a mustang gt500, kia stinger gt, used turbo frs, subaru wrx, c5 corvette the list goes on

be glad your getting to upgrade from that junker

so you caused the accident? quit complaining like a little bitch then. if you didn't want someone to file a claim to your insurance you should have been driving safer.

OP is not getting a thin dime because his fault and no collision insurance. F

Nigger she could have easily swerved and avoided me, I was in the fucking median and there wasn't a car on either side of her.

My point is that there was barely any damage to her car, I offered to pay for the damages, the cops didn't give her a ticket, and she wasn't hurt at all. Unless you're greedy as shit any decent person would have just said "sure man, it happens, I'll just get the bumper fixed up and we can let it be".

If we're walking down the street and I bump into you and spill your coffee on you, are you gonna call the police for assault or are you going to just realize that it was just an accident and let me pay for a new coffee.

>bump into you and spill your coffee on you
You'll be on the ground gasping for air through a broken nose, and I'm not waiting around to file a police report.

Woah look at Mr tough guy here, bashing skulls when people accidentally bump into him. I'm shaking in my boots from your super scary post.

Neck yourself faggot.

I know this is difficult. Lets try to see this from the other side.
>get into wreck with black car that somehow decided to just say "fuck it, im turnin" regardless of my physical presence.
>not bad. His old school heap is fucked, just my bumper is screwed.
>figuring out how im gonna schedule around this pain in the ass problem to get it fixed
>the late teen/early 20 something keeps pleading for me to not report it and he'll "pay me back"
>cant apparently drive right, driving an at least 16 year old car, has money to pay for a new bumper and have it installed.

So basically youre pissed because some complete stranger that you already pissed off, didnt blindly trust you...

>pleading with me not to report it

I offered them cash right there and they said we can figure it out in the morning, I didn't beg or something.

Also I didn't say "fuck it, I'm turning", I didn't see her coming, I had looked left and didn't see anything, looked right and saw and opening, and went to cross to the median. There wasn't a "problem" to fix in the first place, she was driving an suv with a dented front bumper (oh no!) that in no way effected how the car would drive.

Sorry dude I would have gotten the cops and insurance involved too. There's way too people that say they will play, but when the time comes they claim they don't have the cash or they give false contact info from the start. I've been burned by that before and I know too many people that have also been burned the same way. Plus you are already saying to can't pay the 6k to fix your car. If you haven't paid attention bodyshop work is expensive. The cost to fix that suv is probably in the 3k to 4k range by the time you factor, parts, paint and fixing the sub structure of the crash bar. I'm more than will to bet you don't have 4k laying around either.

A dent in a front bumper costs 4-6k? Man, you guys must be going to the wrong shops.

Dude there is no way it was just a dent in the front bumper looking at the damage done to yours. The other car had to have sanificant damage to the underlying structure. Any car made in the last 20 years crumples up pretty good at even the slightest hits

You.
are.
at.
fault.

My god you're retarded, it doesn't fucking matter that you got your feefees hurt you fuckin idiot they did the right thing and handled it like adults.

How much did you offer them exactly there skipper? Cause uhh this- and this too.Your word means absolute shit in a world full of shitheads.

someone shouted at me for parking in front of their house and then keyed my car. then they did it again.

i bounced back by imagining the frail old fuck falling and breaking a hip on the black ice because he has to park so far away

>Fixing it wouldn't be worth it

This is why ur a bitch
Take it home and get to work

I would do the same if I was the lady. Even if the damage is minor, I would still do a police report. Why should I be responsible for your fault.

I've had a accident where my bumper had minor damage and the other guy told me he'll pay for the repair (gave me his number, address, lic#) when I get a quote from the shop. Dude never paid when I got my quote because he said the accident never happened and there was no way I could prove it.

Wow, you showed them. I bet it really hurts them to know they would die in your imaginary world.

>It's pretty much fucked guys. Fixing it wouldn't be worth it, (6k, insurance told me to fuck myself)

It depends on how it was fucked up. I had a near mint condition 1997 Cavalier LS 2.4L Sedan. Other than the engine which was still running great but clearly no longer mint, everything else looked new. It had always been taken care of, the car was frequently and carefully hand washed and waxed, maintained, etc.

But since it was a 1997 it suffered from low value despite my care. And it was a Cavalier, so that really killed its book value. So basically, in 2016, it has a value where one keying scratch would total it in the eyes of the insurance company despite it driving great and looking great.

I was at the back of a freeway traffic jam and some bitchy girl slams into the back of my car because she was distracted driving. The highway patrol cited her for distracted driving as listed on the police report. The insurance obviously totaled my car which had way more damage than what OP has since my car was sort of accordian-ized compressed. Truly, a 10K or more rebuilding job for a car worth on the books a niggardly amount.

I told her insurance that since their client was criminallly cited, I would contact one of the lawyers that specialized in "Make Whole" and they'd end up paying that lawyer bill in addition to my headache and other pains which I mentioned to the officer at the time of the accident. She hit at high speed and I flew over the airbag and hit my head on the driver visor. Even my driver seat was bent up from the force of my 155 pound body (5'7") bouncing around. It ended up 11.5K which was many times the value of the totaled car and it was paid. They were afraid I would sue for medical which I didn't. My corporate job had plenty of coverage so no worries.

Damages took so long to repair that I needed rental car extension and their insurance paid. The key was that their client was criminally negligent and I had some injury

>niggardly
take it to /pol/...

get fucked, OP

Stop being poor lmao.

accidentally did mad skidz in my dads corolla on a rainy day and ran the thing off a freeway entrance, luckily it was dead of night and I somehow dodged a sign too. Ended up paying for the entire repair, and buying my own car. Felt shitty man.

What's funny in a sad way to me is that at least every car from the 90s and newer, no matter how expensive all have styrofoam underneath the fender and bumper. It's like a 2k shitbox or 75k luxury vehicle all are made the same

I feel like I would be more pissed if someone else did it to me.

>going to your insurance company where you're guaranteed they cut you a check

vs

>trusting some little teenage fuckwit who doesn't even know how to drive to pay for your shit

Yeah, I'd go through insurance too. Go fuck yourself.