Man, the model 3 is so cool i put my reserve down ages ago i can't wait to get mine fuck ICE cars dude

>man, the model 3 is so cool i put my reserve down ages ago i can't wait to get mine fuck ICE cars dude
>hey here is a car that is pretty much the same thing but it says chevy on it and you can actually buy one right now
>nah i'm good
???

no one wants to buy a GM turd obviously

Tesla is a techie brand like Apple. No one cares if you have a superior product for less money because the point is to let people know you're with it.

>looks like a Shebby Kroose
>drives like a Chivy Zonik
>cheap interior from both

it looks more like a cruze fugged a spark

Call me when it's 3 doors

>3 doors
disgusting

A pure 3 door is better than a ugly 5 door compromisemobile

No, 3 doors are typically pretty trash desu. There are maybe a few exceptions but 3 doors typically look like half of the car is missing. They also have no space in the back making the hatch completely useless so why not just make a coupe at that point.

Honda and Toyota have plenty of examples that would disprove everything you just said

Tesla defines the term "cheap interior". Look at the fucking p100d, the price, then find me a new car that cost around the same with a worse interior

Electric cars are compromisemobiles anyway.

yeah, except you won't post any because they are imaginary. a couple of the civic 3 doors look okay, i'm not really sure which toyotas you are referring to unless you include "lift back" type cars which are not really the same thing.

>more room
>more usability
>looks better
Where is the compromise?

>more room
Wrong. Three doors are either the same size or shorter than five door versions of the same car.
>more usability
Wrong, it's harder to get into the backseats, and as I've said above the trunk is still the same size.
>looks better
Yeah, but that's not what hatchbacks are about.

Are you daft?

The Bolt is a fine car.

The Model 3 has some things going for it though.
>Tesla badge appeal
>is a sedan
>gadgetry
>Supercharger network

Bolt is a tall hatchback. though not enough so to pass off as a CUV and print soccermom bucks. It will never one day just have fully autonomous driving capability. The center console screen is badly angled and gets washed out by sunlight. the center console touchscreen isn't as good as a tesla, or even your phone's. It cost Tesla money.

The LEAF 2.0 in a couple years will come with a 60 kwh battery. which will give it a 200+ mile range. Current LEAF 2.0 has a 150 miles of range on a 40kw/h battery. It has lane departure warning, radar cruise control, lane keeping assistance, blind spot monitoring, emergency auto braking at low speeds, 360 degree synthetic top down "bird's eye" camera views, and starts at a significant lower price than the 3 or Bolt.

The LEAF 2.0 also has E-Pedal. which under normal circumstance, means you never have to touch the brake pedal. If you let off the acceleartor completely. The car will use aggressive regen and apply the friction brakes it self to bring the car to a stop. the car will hold it self in place in D on any surface.

The Bolt has a flappy paddle that allows you to engage aggressive regen braking. allowing you to slow the car to a stop with just that. Though it won't use the brakes it self or hold the car still.

The LEAF 2.0's driving autonomy aids will allow you to let go of the wheel and accelerator pedal when engaged. though it is really only good for the interstate/expressway. As it can't recognize stop signs or lights. It will only stop if the radar detects the car in front of it stopping.

After incentives the bolt is not much more than a Leaf and has significantly more range. Both have more than enough range for day to day commuting and such but the Leaf is definitely on a lower rung than the bolt and Model 3 right now. The bigger battery will help but how much will it cost? the leaf is already close to the competition in terms of pricing.

>implying tesla cucks have simple reasoning capabilities

LEAF gets incentives too.

The Republicans are going to eliminate the Federal incentive. So the LEAF will retain price advantage. Tesla was going to run out of incentives soon anyways. So really only the Bolt is going to miss out.

I'm not talking about tax incentives. Bolt has tons of dealer incentives right now because they can't sell the thing. Don't get me wrong, the leaf is still obviously cheaper and there is nothing wrong with it but it is only a little bit cheaper for a huge hit in range. It might be worth it for some people but I would have a hard time pulling the trigger on one and not just stepping up the bolt or model 3 (in an imaginary world where you could actually buy one).

This. The majority of Tesla owners, past or future, did not look at the market and ask "what is the best electric car for my budget". They looked at Tesla, and bought one.

tbf the Model S was unquestionably the best electric car for a while. what else were you supposed to buy, an i-miev? there is a lot of good competition now though.

On the Bolt there is a separate setting for aggressive regen, you can have it on full time if you want. Utilizing the paddle on the wheel gives you even more braking power if this is engaged. Its actually the best regen system on the market currently.

I wouldn't say there's a "best" regen system right now. You can come to a stop with any modern EV; each one just takes getting used to.

no one would buy a german car if value was all they were concerned about. buying cars is an emotional thing for more people. You can't get someone to fork over all that cash on purely need based logical reasons. those kind of car shoppers buy used cars and pay in cash.

its the iphone of cars user, of course retards want something worse than a petrol car

>drives like a zonik

and whats wrong with that, the thing is a fucking god masheen in the touge

>buying a compact/green car from a company known for big hillbilly trucks and V6/V8 cars.
>paying more than 25k for something with a Chevy badge
>paying more than 25k for something not a Silverado.

top kek

this. Chevy dummies in Milford and Warren fucked up the new Volt and this Bolt by making them look so pedestrian. People want hybrids that look distinct, TO SHOW OFF THEY'RE DRIVING A HYBRID. The suits were obviously brainwashed by idiot consultants and their retarded focus groups to make this design so fucking boring. I guarantee GM engineers and designers hate the exterior

Friendly reminder that GM sells more EV's than Tesla.

The Bolt has the most aggressive regen braking on the market then, Happy?

I don't believe you. Looks like a shitty economy car from a shitty american brand.

There are three things that GM does well, the Silverado, V8s and handling.

I've driven a Sanic and a Bolt. It would be complimenting the Sanic to say the Bolt is like it. Which you shouldn't. Sanic is a hateful little car.

hm, let's compare:
>company whose only EV is >$40,000
>company whose EVs that aren't currently in production hell all cost $60,000+

There was an EV Sonic before the Bolt, and they might be counting the Volt/Ampera. the EV Sonichu was only available in EV Mandate states though.

Pretty cool Chevy shitbox

isn't it a daewoo in all but name?

that is a cruz hatch

>toyota ae86
>shitty economy car from a shitty japanese brand

pretty much. It is made by them.

so it's a not-as-shitty econobox from a not-as-shitty japanese brand instead?

Korean

close enough :^)

>Tesla made the EV available to the people!
>Nobody wants an EV from anyone but Tesla!

Proves that's bullshit

Yep, and in stock form they're trash.

People want Teslas because they're "in" right now and makes it easy for them to virtue signal to everyone else. They don't give a shit about electric cars

The Bolt EV is plainly the best choice for an affordable EV, if you can't get your hands on the new Tesla (it's safe to say that's all of us). The Leaf is also good, albeit cheaper and with less range. Is there actual disagreement with these statements in this thread, or is all just shitposting? Is there an all around better EV I can purchase for the price of a Bolt?

>Is there an all around better EV I can purchase for the price of a Bolt?
No.

I didn't think so. Thread is finish

they ruined the Volt and Bolt by sanitizing them. they look like cheap ass Cruz's now. typical retarded GM

so, is it worth it to get an electric vehicle? Does it save any money?

>a 3 door version afterthought of a 5 door car

No, this is a compromise.

Tesla literally uses some bargain bin interior with a large tablet slapped on the dash.