Who here actually modifies their car? Post your setup

Who here actually modifies their car? Post your setup.

Pic related: my turbo BB6 prelude

EJ255 swapped WRX, going to be putting a twin-scroll turbo on it soon.

A legit twin scroll or a divided housing? What kind of power can thr stock block handle?

For reference

same engine different car.

This gives me hope that there are still Honda purists out there.

Carb conversion on my DeLorean; my most radical mod.

>A legit twin scroll or a divided housing?
Pretty sure it's a legit twin-scroll. It's a VF38 off of an jdm EJ20X.

>What kind of power can thr stock block handle?
Enough for me. I'm not really looking for a ton of power out of this build. My main focus after the twin-scroll is going to be suspension.

none of my stuff stays stock

Mazda MX5 NA
>1.9l VVT swap
>racing beat header+exhaust
>lighter flywheel
>Suspension koni+H&R springs
>Enkei 15x6 wheels
>megasquirt ecu

Why do Hondafags paint their valve covers?

OPs vc looks kinda lame to me, but painted VCs can look good when painted properly

yoo hows that 1.9? im thinking of swapping to a na8 engine with an nb head so i can get vics.
gonna shave the head too, get a bit higher compression and maybe run itbs in the future (though thatll lock me out of turbo)

well yeah I have tinted headlights a fat exhaust and some rims

neat what type of cam sensor is that since it looks like your using coil on plug whats your setup? it looks clean.

Well it’s not so „rev-happy“ like the 1.6 but it puts 158hp at the crank and it feels a lot faster. I want to increase the compression now in 2018 and switch to ITB

is it just slightly slower to rev? thats basically the only reason i still have the 1.6, it revs so quick and its great but holy shit its a snail
howd you bore up to a 1.9?

Since I have the lighter flywheel it feels pretty much the same. I didn’t bored it up, the VVT engine is 1840cm3 in displacement and therefor classified as 1.9l in my country. I will shave the head next year and switch to ITBs

I have a bb6 too

How does VTEC+Turbo act like?

>the VVT engine is 1840cm3 in displacement and therefor classified as 1.9l in my country.
thats wonky but interesting. do you think the lighter flywheel is worth it? i still have my stock one and its like a fuckin lifting weight its so heavy

>spends thousands of dollars
coulda sold it and bought a v8 car that would be faster stock

>bought
>not built
nigga

My valve cover is an abomination. Thus is what you get with "anodized" purple spray paint. Powder coating it white soon.

Well if you look again you'll see that I'm running a non vtec engine. But ill tell you that vtec is a complete afterthought when you run a properly sized turbo and let thr engine breathe like i do. I run a top notch turbo and a 3" downpipe/ exhaust with a equal length mani... That's the formula.

For reference thr engine is a F22B DOHC. 95mm stroke compared to the H22's 90.7mm stroke. Better low end torque and the turbo carries it up top. For the record, Hmotorsonline (the best honda engine distributor, period) sold me this for $450 with 30k miles. When i took the head off to put im the ARP studs, the piston tops were clean as fuck and i still had the blue assembly lube on the cams from Honda.

powder coating it will definitely look sweet, nice engine OP

Well there is an expert near eher I live who makes the OEM flywheels a lot lighter and they still work like befor. I would do it again because it was 90€ for me, a brand new aftermarket from fidanza for example costs around 380€ witch is too much.

I do everything my self and this car is my project. I dont care if you can’t understand it.

>Well there is an expert near eher I live who makes the OEM flywheels a lot lighter and they still work like befor.
dude what the fuck, colour me incredibly jealous

that's a big alternator

lol dude don't be jealous... you don't need an expert to "turn" a flywheel.... anyone who turns brake rotors will gladly do your flywheel and take off however much you want. In my prelude, i can't stand the fidanza 9lb or whatever it is... such a pain in the ass to drive in comparison to oem. I had a local auto part store take 8lbs off my oem flywheel which i think puts me around 15lbs. Perfect compromise. I think i paid him $20

1990 miata. No a.c. no power steering. No soft top. No windshield washer. Emissions bullshit gone.
Coilovers, wheels/tires, brakes. Pretty basic stuff but this motherfucker is 2000lbs of RAW. Stock is 2182lbs I think somewhere in the low 2000s is a good estimate.

i got my 1.8 flywheel turned when i swapped to my 1.8 trans but its still pretty weighty
when i swap up ill probably just shave off a bit of weight, it sounds pretty appealing rn
how do you like no ps? ive been looking at maybe trying it but i like it too much

J32 swap or die. Buddy of mine has a J swapped prelude and its the nastiest powerband I've seen from an NA import engine. Totally fucking bonkers.

Pic related.

10 people on Veeky Forums modify their cars

The most people on Veeky Forums modify there bus seat so they can’t post in this thread

Most of us cant even be bothered to reply, its just the Honda kids in here.

i installed an aftermarket air freshener tree in my whip

About to pull the trigger on an 81 Corona, haven't decided what direction to go with it. If I can successfully manual swap it it'll be a drift missile, might eventually get an SR20 but for now will probably just swap the head and intake for one's off a 20R and try to clean it up so I can enjoy it before I destroy it.

Toyota knows whats up, factory painted covers for the vvt-i versions

Here's my single turbo 2J setup:
>Garrett GTW3684R
>6boost Divided T4 manifold
>Turbosmart 50mm wastegate + raceport bov
>4" Hypertune fmic
>3.5" dump with screamer
>Tanabe Medalion Exhaust
>NPC 5puck clutch
>Haltech Elite 2500
>LQ9 ignition coils
>E85 Flex sensors
>walbro 460 pump
>Bosch 1000cc Injectors
>Turbosmart fpr1200

Made 490whp / 580nm @24psi on E85
Injectors were running on 90% duty during the tune, so a larger fuel system and a twin plate clutch are next on the list along with some headwork

Volvo 940 2.3 Turbo
>300hp
>1.7 bar boost
>Actually fast landboat

>Not installing a FreshTM driver air intake

I dig it op. I wish I could bring myself to mod my '01 Prelude SE but I just can't do it. Its in too good a shape to really justify modding it, I love it too much as it is. Id feel bad about messing with it, its only gor 109k km on the clock.

Meanwhile I have a nearly 4 yo Jeep that I've owned since new that I can't just leave well enough alone. Lift, diff gears, sliders, under armour, beefed all the front end components... Thank fuck Im able to do my own work or I'd be in the poor house.

I fucking love it. I used a set of miataroadster plugs instead of a full welded rack, dont have to remove it. If you parallel park your car everyday you might not want to but everything else is 100% better.
I plan on turbo the 1.6 thats in it. I do love NA motors much more but I don't like the idea of engine swaps myself. Everyone talks that swaps are the best thing ever. But no one talks about the fucking wiring. Or the fucking tuning. Or the fucking expensive was trans adapters or subframe adapter. For the cost of most swaps (ecotec, K swap) you could have a new stronger motor with a properly sized turbo that is way more fucking reliable.

Messed up some responses on mobile.

Mod list (engine)?

hondata cop. it's garbage so I sold it and the top picture I haven't put the dizzy back on. mw10 and msd blaster is a way better setup.

Custom everything desu

that's the engine it should've been available with I love that swap. I might do a J civic in the future.

nice i just changed from the splitfire coils to LS truck coild on my RB best mod ive done so far.

Toyota COP setup? Who sells one that is compatible with the VVT valve cover?

I have a VVT motor in my 94 R-package.

Sorry English is not my mother tounge, please explain what you want to know a bit more. Ignition, fuel, air and so on are controlled over the megasquirt ecu

you know twin scrolls on ej25s is kinda useless, tomei put twin scrolls on their EJ25s and they noticed zero difference

Going into one of my BMWs
GT35R strapped to a m52b28

Bigger injectors and put washers behind the wastegate bracket to make it harder for it to open.

Needs paint and body work but
>Ssr type c wheels
>Ktuned coilovers
>Buddy club balljoints
>Innovative mounts
>Ricey muffler and cat delete

Who /can'taffordmods/ here?

Definitely me that's for sure

For me it's more about spending the money on maintenance rather than performance upgrades. It's the right thing to do with an older vehicle.

sick truccc user, always loved hardbodies

That's dope

>Brembo 17z 6 piston calipers, braided lines, >330mm rotors
>Project b5 fmic
>MTM stage 2 tune
>audi r8 coil pack conversion for muh reliablity
>raceland ultimos (I know)
>MISC odds and ends

No engine mods yet, but exhaust and sway bars.

When things break, upgrade them instead of replace.

My car melted down last year, and my broke ass just stuffed a section of pipe in it's place, as well as a cheap thrush muffler to replace the rusted out stock one. Does this count? The engine swap is coming, soonish... Hopefully

Nice Projekt user

Need some mods advice. I’ve recently acquired a 1987 w124 Mercedes with the OM603 straight-6 turbodiesel. Someone told me it’s a bad idea to mod those engines. I reeeeeally want to mod this engine. Just for shits more than anything. My main priority is spreading out the boost curve, to which end I was thinking of doing the following:
>twincharge with a moderately larger turbo (I know a guy with a spare blower, can get the turbo from a junkyard probably)
>intake/exhaust work including a cutout and an intercooler
>possibly upgraded injectors, or at least turn up fuel pressure just a bit to maintain a/f ratio
>also planning a 5-speed manual swap, I’ll do that in any case
Anything I need to do to prep the engine for that? What’s the most these engines can handle? I’m not going for crazy power levels here, just enough to make it more exciting to drive while still keeping the reliability if possible. I’ll keep it wastegated to make sure it doesn’t overboost. I’ll also be doing all the work myself, trust me I can handle it.
>disclaimer: I realize this is totally retarded, I want to do it anyway

Beams into my ae86. Stock motor for now but have ae111 ITBs ready to go in. Just waiting on a ecu.

Eye hads a subAru ounce. waster of moneys.
swooped oot 2.2 for 2.5. Moar funs wif 2jayZ. SubAru: Screwed Up Beyond All Repair Usually.

Your ignition coils for the spark plugs. They are toyota coil-on-plug coils, correct?

Most of the off the shelf coil-on-plug kits do no work with the 01-05 VVT engines, due to the valve cover design. Which kit are you using for them? I'm running megasquirt3 as well.

Hey Brandon Butler, how's your mom's integra?

Upgraded turbo
75% over injectors
Airdog lift pump
Head studs
upgraded triple disc clutch
60 pounds of boost.

Dafuq you talking about Willis?

>60 pounds of boost.
What fucking engine can even withstand that let alone make power off of it

>you know twin scrolls on ej25s is kinda useless, tomei put twin scrolls on their EJ25s and they noticed zero difference

Not necessarily, that result probably had more to do with their respective twin scroll/non-twin scroll setups. I find it very hard to believe that a twin scroll will change absolutely nothing when it comes to engine behavior. Care to link your source?

>only 60lbs

you are like baby

Diesel engines. You can pretty much give them as much as the block can handle without blowing itself apart. There's a video doing the rounds at the minute of a cummins diesel engine shitting itself on the dyno, it was running 146 pounds at the time. People regularly run modified dodge cummins engines with 100+ pounds of boost though.

So far only gotten full intake, full 3" turbo back exhaust, and an aggressive tune running 28 PSI
Not bad considering I've only had the car for a couple months lol. Billstein coilovers or an upgraded FMIC are next.

298whp 390wtq

Shidd my guy, I knew people wring insane power out of those, now I know how. Are they expensive to mod though?

1978 mustang ii
5.0 roller engine with ported 1966 289 Hipo heads, long tube headers/glass packs/turn downs
C4 with manual valve body
8" rear with 3.55 lsd
Restored the interior and switched it all from red to black, rebuilt wiring harness, replaced all of the bushings/joints/wear items in suspension and brake
>400 hp in 2700 pound car for $4000 good enough for me

You're not worried about blowing that engine to kibbles and tits?

Not too sure myself, but I'm sure there's more knowledgeable people around. From what I gather, 40-45 seems to be about the highest you can go on stock parts and after that you're looking at replacing stuff like the head studs & gasket, piston rings, intake/exhaust and perhaps the transmission if it can't handle the torks.

Just acquired a 1981 Toyota Corona for $300 and I'm afraid I might be a member. Just glad it runs and drives fine, last owner was my boss (shop foreman)

Just trying to figure out what I can do to it without heavy fabrication, I've been told a lot of corolla parts, especially the suspension from the AE86, will go on and I'm hoping that's the case. Also trying to decide what if any engine should go in

Great combo. What made you go with the GT35R over a GTX30?

same just finished all my fluids and filters. Next is bearings and bushings so I still have a long way to go.

90 Skyline GTR
>Garrett GT2859R turbos
>Tomei Type B poncams
>18x10j (+20 offset) Volk TE37SL wheels
>265/35R18 Nitto NT555 tires
>Nismo Super Coppermix twin plate clutch
>Nismo slave cylinder with steel braided clutch hose
>R35 AFM conversion
>Blitz SUS power intakes
>Do-Luck ignition harness
>Splitfire coil packs
>Nismo 555cc injectors
>Nismo fuel pump
>HKS 1.2mm metal head gasket
>HPI turbo outlets
>Mine's stainless steel front pipe
>no brand name test pipe
>Tomei Expreme Ti exhaust
>Tomei shift knob
>BNR34 seats
>Phase 2 Motortrend quick release hub
>Nardi Classic 360mm steering wheel
>Nismo side skirts/spats
>N1 ducting on front bumper
>Tomei Master Cylinder Stopper
I think that's everything

Made 367.7 kW (493.1 hp) and 515.6 Nm (380.3 lb-ft) on JUN auto's AWD dyno. Can post dyno sheet.

His mommy would just buy him a new one :)

Find a Z31 Turbo parts car and make a Turbo D21.

>30psi I4 VAG shitbox

Waiting for you to post eventual tears on Veeky Forums in a month or two.

Just swap to a gas engine, you aren't going to successfully mod an OM to get what you want without destroying the head gasket in the process, assuming it's not already started to disintegrate.

You're gonna blow up your engine with that much boost kid

No I'm not. my tune is very well regarded in the mk7 community and it's a little baby turdo. stock boost is like 23psi.
Nice try kiddie, I've paid for everything myself.
>t. busrider
see first reply. Stock engine can hold 550 wtq.

Yeah I'm more about maintenance but as they need replacing I'll try uprate them.

For example.

I'd probably go bankrupt if I had to replace shocks. The biggest "upgrade" I've made to my foxbody shitbox was some "performance" sway bar end links when the stock ones snapped

I shuffled a lot of things around just to get them, still cost me $1k NZD though from the states, muh heart.
I earn fuck all but luckily I have low overheads.

Still, new stuff for your car, regardless, feels nice.

Just a turbo-back exhaust w/ cat delete and a tune so far. Eventually will do intake and fuel then probably swap turbos and get it retuned.

It was a pain in the ass just doing the exhaust and we didn't have to drop the engine at all, the intake side will be a real pain in the ass. The new exhaust shaved about 40 lbs off my ass end though and it sounds awesome.

>it sounds awesome

Link it, senpai.

VVTI 1jz
>tomei metal hg
>ARP studs
>all new gaskets
>quicksilver t4 manifold
>garrett GTW 3884r turbine
>bosch 550cc injectors
>lots of custom fab
>apexi pfc standalone
>fpr, fmic, koyo rad, greddy ebc, etc...

Also have full suspension arms, solid bushings, marlin crawler built r154 transmission, TRD LSD, origin 60mm wide body, Traum aero, LS400 calipers and slotted rotors. Missing a lot of msc shit but that's all the big stuff. Car hasn't ran in 2 years but I suspect that when it does, it'll be a monster. Looking for 450whp and it should be pretty doable with this set up.
>build is further along than in this pic but I'm too lazy to go take another