Why does Veeky Forums hate v6 so much?

Why does Veeky Forums hate v6 so much?

What is the best engine for a DD and whats the ideal HP for a DD?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=POkOh3Ui1A8
youtube.com/watch?v=st5rwHz6-bA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's a ruined son of v8 and an inline 6

they tried to make it both compact and good but enden up getting a giant piece of shit

>what’s an ideal engine for a dd
V12

Definitely straight 8 a best for daily

Id be ok with a V6 if they made them sound fucking halfway decent. The new Camaro V6 sounds ok but they jacked the fucking price up to nearly 30k. Fuck that and fuck your 4cyl sports cars.

I think W16 is pretty good for a daily driver

inherent primary and secondary imbalance.

Glorious inline 6

otists are still sucking up on prehistorical straight 6. There is a reason we only build small 4 turbo and big v6 nowadays.

Best DD is naturally aspirated inline 4 with high redline.

Only with, at minimum, 4 turbos.

>best engine for a DD

diesel 3 pot with a battery

what car

Sega Genesis Coupe sounds good.

youtube.com/watch?v=POkOh3Ui1A8

Sounds like a kitty kat:
youtube.com/watch?v=st5rwHz6-bA

I like this V6 even though it's a bit of a heavy cast-iron cunt of a thing

Skyline with an RX-7 bodykit

man, fuck import laws

>What is the best engine for a DD and whats the ideal HP for a DD?
Depends on how poor you are.

A 1.2L Twingo will get you around cheaper than damn near anything else on 4 wheels.

A 3.0L I6 will do great in a GT car, with or without turbos, but NA is better for a daily for being better on maintenance and I don't really dig turbo noises. 300 HP is easily attainable NA anyway and is a nice number for a daily GT.

While there are I6s of this displacement, a V6 more comfortably gets you into 4.0L territory, but only recommended if you need to tow shit and are too poor for a V8. V6 has its place in sports cars for being short and therefore putting the weight close to the CG, but we're talking dailies here so that's entirely beside the point. The inherent imbalance in even a properly designed V6 (120 degrees) gives way to additional weight bringing with it additional fuel expense and reduced vehicle performance. Many V6 engines are not designed properly and therefore have additional inefficiencies. At this point, even a small 4.0 V8 is a better choice that solves most of these problems.

If you drive like a madman and don't mind gas prices as much, you cannot do any better than the good ol' naturally aspirated V8. Anything over 6.0L/400hp is where these shine. HP/L might not seem impressive, but at this displacement horsepower isn't your main concern for a daily driver anymore and all that extra torque just makes driving a pleasure even in heavier vehicles. The fast throttle response and instant torque even add safety in the ability to quickly react to near-accidents in ways other than braking, evading, and closing your eyes and praying to whatever deity tickles your fancy. This certainly isn't something an I6 can't do in a lighter car, of course.

Turbo V8s are fucking stupid in a pure daily, but make sense if it's regularly drag raced in the weekends. Turbo's are God's way of sayin' y'ain't got enough cylinders and the V8 doesn't have that problem.

V6's are absolutely based. Great mid-range torque, lighter than a V8 and are much smaller. So better for packaging in a chassis.

MK3 supra you gullible fool

Shitty balancing means specific output and efficiency is inherently shit. They need big displacement to make any kind of power and weigh more than a 4 cylinder. OHC V6s are kinda big for what they are too. There are a couple examples of modern DOHC V6s getting worse mileage in similar vehicles to V8s cause they're not a very efficient design but I'm too lazy to think of one

Too much emissions
The perfect DD engine is a 1.2 liter i3 NA Diesel with EGR and urine injection

>What is the best engine for a DD
Light FF NA I4
>whats the ideal HP for a DD?

Perfect for already being pissed off before you get to work. Agreed.

They had such a bad rep in the past because earlier examples were noted for having "the power of a 4 and fuel efficiency of an 8"

So you can shift 4 fucking times to get across an intersection? You need torque in a DD. Winding out your engine to 9k in traffic makes you look like a ricer faggot.

this,
ideal hp is no more than 7lbs per hp.

i love the v6.

What is that? It looks like a nightmare. dohclets will defend this shit.

I really want to like the v6, but it doesn't come in any cars I like. I like it as a layout but it doesn't come in any appealing performance vehicles

2015 mustang v6

I used to hate it until I actually drove a proper 60degree one, pretty damn smooth - not too far off the GOAT straight six if you keep it stock.

Wouldn't like to mod one though.....

That description would fit the 90 degree V6 yes, but not the 60 degree.

There is a reason vehicles which don't need crumplezones and back seats still use the straight 6.
(trucks)

*ahem* 2017

>until I actually drove a proper 60degree one, pretty damn smooth

And which car was that?

>Wouldn't like to mod one though.....

And why's that?

VG30e (Nissan 300ZX) and I am in the fortunate position of being able to compare to it's virtually identically designed straight-six sister - the RB30e.
Let me tell you there is not a lot of difference between the two engines stock, but I wouldn't like to mod the VG30e because I don't feel like it would handle increased RPM too well - I feel like if you go outside of the manufacturers design specs you'll run into trouble. Also it doesn't seem as easy to turbo (although you could pick up a turbo motor pretty easy).

By comparison the RB30e feels like it's basically detuned to well below what it could handle and it is extremely (EXTREMELY) easy to turbo.

vg30e can handle 600hp all day. hop on any z31 page and ask and you'll be assaulted with build pics and dyno graphs. the 88 nissan gtp zx turbo made 1000hp on all stock head and block castings and stock crank and girdles. the vg33e is arguably the best v6 nissan ever built until the vr38dett

Well there you go, still I can't imagine it would like extra RPM too much, but it certainly sounds smooth at ~5500!

That depends on the car, 100 hp in a 2 ton car are boring, 100 hp in a polski Fiat are fun.

For small hatchbacks a naturaly aspirated, port injected inline 3 driving the front wheels and displacing about one liter is the most economic choice.
If you don´t need to commute at speeds over 100 mph, it is suffient.

Its benefits are:
>good fuel efficiency
>no differential under trunk
>not overstressed engine
>cleans intake valves itself
>cheap to build
>most of weight above driven axle (snow&ice)

For a sports car I think rotary engines are great, since they are small, lighweight and have insane power/weight ratios.
Also they work best when pushed to the limit constantly.
Something like a rotary Super-7 would be awesome for the track/touge.

i just dont like them over big block i6's and VR5 VR6 and Flat 6

they sound boring and their all bitch spec tier

remember when we bullied alphonse into making +500 v6>v8 threads?

that was funny :D

the normies have stolen that meme.

all shit said i thing the kia stinger has the potentional to be the new buick grand national coupe

Do they even have a v8?

the normies?

of courshe not its all turbo 4pots and v6

>remember when alphonse triggered me +500 times
lmao. fucking nuclear. keep sperging

>i3
So we Intel now
On a more serious note why do i3 engines exist

I prefer the camaro if a get a poverty tier pony but an i4 in car meant for a DOHC v8 must fun be if you do your own maintenance.

I'm not sure if it's incredible or pathetic that so many people are so easily triggered by a homosexual furry. I just assumed most of us started our tenure on Veeky Forums over at /b/, and that we'd all be used to that level of faggotry by now.

It's mostly cause im black.
all of my stalkers are white /pol/ crossboarders so it's insanely easy to bait them. combine this subtle baiting with time and you get massive complexes.

just look at prezo or my other various stalkers. lol

There is only 1 godconfig

They were practically giving away a turbo model near me for like 18 grand because they needed it off of their lot. Pretty sure ti was a 15

Unless you are on a motorcycle, no.

In bikes they serve as a nice middle ground between twins an i4 super bike motors. They are known for having great torque curves and a brutal midrange. In cars, they are used in tiny, soulless motors to save cost.

Old as time itself yet still remains competitive.
Probably an unpopular opinion but if I could have any I6 I'd get a cummy

VQ37VHR was a good V6 engine

>N/A
>Reliable
>Up to 350 HP in stock format
>7,600 RPM rev limit
>Used in almost anything modern Nissan/Infiniti, parts are abundant
>Well adopted by the aftermarket

Not the most polished, refined, or technologically advanced engine but still the VQ series have had a hell of a run. There's some black eye's though if you're talking about the VQ35's

We have things called turbochargers nowadays. It makes a much more fun and characterful I3... more usable

>ideal HP for a DD
If you live in a flat place, 80HP
If you live in a quite hilly place 160HP

anything with 200HP and over is for having fun OR its bloated as fuck

>ideal DD
If you're a poorfag, a 90 hp I4 cuckbox
If you aren't a poorfag and want to have an interesting car that can get up to speed on a main road, overtake easily, and sit at 130 km/h effortlessly, a 150hp diesel I5/I6/V6

Do you have a favorite car/brand or do you just pick whatever works best to bait retards that week?

Alphonse doesn't even particularly like cars, he just picks the easiest bait to create massive shitstorms.
See: Corvette vs GTR, "GM has never won Le Mans", Ecoboostposting, >pushrods, and even straight up racebait.
Soviet seems to actually care about cars and is a massive Ford fanboy.

>not having a fun daily
it almost sounds like you're poor

v8 and 300+

> having an even number of cylinders.
are you even trying.

>anything with 200HP and over is for having fun OR its bloated as fuck
Gee whiz I wonder where you're posting from

This in all honesty

Are those the government approved numbers?

both faggot.

glorious 7m

*blows headgasket*

Without a doubt

Am I even trying to have a balanced engine? Yeah and succeeding.

I drove a 2014 V6 mustang for a year and I liked it desu. 300 hp. Only downside was no low end torque, but it was a fun drive.
Tho, I do have the V8 now and they ondemand torque is a world of difference

*tightens head bolts*

>120° V6
>ideal

The '90s

I just searched google for a cummins replacement badge that says "cummies" and I'm surprised nobody has made and sold one yet

Excuse me sir.
This is a blue board.