>1.8 turbocharged four cylinder engine
>249bhp, 236lb ft of torque
>Full aluminum chassis
>1103Kg
>0-100 in 4.5s
>Rear engine, RWD.
>44:56 weight distribution
>Around 60.000€
Reviews are online since this morning. They are dithyrambic : It's a great little sport car with a different feeling of driving than its contender in this segment. It's more comfy, less aggressive. Fully concentrated on the driving pleasure.
What do you think of it ?

Looks promising. I hope it sells well.

Looks fukken amazing

only new car i'm hype about.

>Expensive
>Better for less in used market
/thread

doesn't matter they're working on an suv that will sell like hot cakes

>automatic only

Straight to the garbage

>Cool Audi TT

probobly wont get them in the US so who cares.

Australia is getting them so if it goes well maybe

>french
>niche
>not a grossover
I'd like to see it selling noice but it's fucking expensive compared to other cars in the european caliphate.

And it's french

>who cares about skylines - the us won't get them

it's about the same price as the competition which is the cayman and the TT S
but the waiting line is awfully long though 18 month even hardcore fans will have to wait

Auto only really stinks
Also the pigfat
The real 110 is made of tinfoil and skids every turn, it's sucidally fun, not "collected, refined and relaxed"

No way misato could pay 60.000€

Misato hoons an a310

Ah. Shinji in some artworks "drives" a classic a110. If this doesen't push anno to make 4.0 then nothing will do

Why wouldnt i get a 4c instead, if im compromising for an auto?

Australia also gets Citroens, so no, it doesn't mean anything.

Op photo is at Lourmarin, France. I live 10min from this, i saw this one this morning, same number plate. You can believe how it's beautiful in real. Much better than a cayman Imo.

>60k euros
>turbo 4banger
>2500lbs

You're better off getting a brand new miata and modding it. Or getting a BRZ and modding it.

Ideally, I would just get a nice inline 6 BMW M2 coupe for that price.

That car priced itself out of the only segment it could compete in. Shouldnt be more than 40k.

TTS
cayman
and the alpha romeo 4C

all of those other than the alpha are luxury badges, and only the porsche one is worth anything.

>make 4.0
be careful what you wish for

>this
>audi tt
kys

You don't know a shit about cars, right ?
The direct contenders of the Alpines are :

>Porsche 718 Cayman PDK
58.000€, 300Kg heavier and slower than the Alpine

>Audi TTS S tronic
60.000€, also 300Kg heavier and way more slower than the Alpine

>Alfa Romeo 4C
63.000€, 100Kg lighter but same time for the 0-100Km/h

As you can see, the Alpine fits perfectly in its segment.

>unironically spending 60,000 eurobucks on an autotragic """"""""""sports"""""""""" car

brace yourselves for the soybois who think they have a good car

>its a luxury brand because I say so!
>Has absolutely zero (0) brand prestige

How is Alpine any different than a kit car made by Cletus?

Damn. If you don't know the legend of Alpine, you should leave this board.

I've never heard about this until now. At first I got excited, but then I read it's automatic only
It's okay, now I can forget it again without having gotten too hype about this.
What where they thinking?

IT WON LEMANS

fuck you cocksucker, manuals are fun and this car should have one.

And numerous rallyes too

>If this doesen't push anno to make 4.0
Why would you even want that, nothing good has come from Eva since End of Eva.
It's been nothing but Anno exploiting the shit out of a rabid fanbase that will buy absolutely anything related to their waifu.

Wait, is it confirmed now?
On the one hand, it is very likely to be yet another pigfat shapeless SUV that will do the school run in the posh parts of the parisian crown.
On the other hand, it might turn out to be a rallye-bred AWD madmobile that really puts the S into SUV.

Had to google this.
Winning one race fifty years ago doesnt mean making a 4 cylinder boosted to hell piece of shit in 2018 is the same.

Guys that worked in the 70s back then building those cars are probably all dead rn.
If they were 30 then they are pushing 70s now.

Yeah I get it, you want to be proud of what your country can make, but dont get mad when someone calls out what it is.

Its a janky piece of shit car. with a sticker on it that mentions a car that won in lemans.
Its like buying doritos with the evangelion advertisement on it. Doesnt change the flavor, bro

yes
i mean i don't know why but people are buying these shit so much
so as long as it supports the good cars of the brand i think it's ok
Renault /Alpine isn't really in rally anymore and from what they're doing they won't go back there
probably going to use alpine to compete in GT classes or smth

don't matter dude
it's till has racing Heritage and that's enough for "the brand prestige"

>mfw 60 thousand dollar ford fusions because ford won lemans

>120 thousand dollar ford mustangs because Koenigsegg used the same engine as a base for their cars

>500 000$ ford GT because ford won lemans

>check photos of interior
>ipad
>Drive, Neutral and Reverse buttons, not even a lever
>paddles behind steering wheel
>digital dials
it wasn't hard guys, how could you fuck it all up so bad?
oh well
at least it has leather and doesn't look too plasticky

Yeah except it looks angry and ugly where the old one was cute

>2 million dollars for a Ford GT because John Cenas Joocy Ass Cheeks TM sat in it

hello busrider

>comparing an actual supercar with the performance numbers to back it, that smokes lambos, with a tuned economy coupe

The absolute state of Frenchfags

>alpine
what are you doing on Veeky Forums?

hello soyboi

how are you gonna fit tyrones kids in that small autotragic piece of shit?

you're on the wrong board, retard

>over $70,000 for something slower than a base model corvette

no, i'm on the right board

only literal cucks think that an autotragic shitbox masquerading to be a performance car is worth anything

and only poltards busriders believe
>in the autotragic meme
>that soyboy is even relevant when discussing cars

He's not wrong

>strung up 4 cylinder engine
>Tiny feminine hairdresser car
>French brand, appeals to women
>No racing heritage other than a single win decades ago like that one user mentioned
>Super expensive, could get a brand new Mustang and supercharge it + many other performance additions for the price
>AUUUUTOOOOMAAAAAAATIIIIICCC

spoken like a true soyboi

the state of this board

right? i want soybois to leave

>soybois shitting up the board
>complaining about the effects of their autism

>No racing heritage other than a single win decades ago like that one user mentioned
did you seriously not know about alpine before this thread?

What was the last line of the OP post?
Then read the posts you don't like.
That is whats happening.

I cant wait to buy the new 4 cylinder twin turbo coupe made by Delahaye. They won LeMans once, you know? Its practically the same car!!!

I'd pay Misato 60.000€ to sit on my alpine if u know what I'm saying

w/e i cant afford it anyways
its shit

you can't damage control this kind of ignorance dude

>Europoors talk shit all day about how americans are idiots for driving automatic and a TRUE driver only drives in manual, like any sensible person in europe and its no hassle at all
>New sports car made in Europe comes out
>Its automatic
>Euro defense force in full strength defending their new shitbox in automatic even though its supposed to be a sports car and not a commuter car.

not that guy, but what ignorance was there? every person on this board has heard of alpine, but that isn't a justification for them making a pile of rolling trash just because they had some cool cars a long time ago

kek, best post in this thread

What would you expect, they'll always try to pull the craziest mental gymnastics to defend their own cuckoldry

This makes me sad.
I was looking forward to Alpine coming back and not just making cars for Le Mans every seven years and failing. The A110 was a great car, it's sought after for a very good reason.
Now there was supposed to be a successor and that was something to anticipate especially since our national production is quite boring and all the interesting projects end up quite short lived failures (the C6 was a glorious thing but it didn't sell anywhere near as much as one might have hoped for instance). We're drowning in new city EVs and crappy entry level stuff that's not even built in France anymore, half the innovation our carmakers show in their street cars is vampirized from japanese subsidiaries.
So finally there was something to look forward to. Something to put France back on the map, to give us back some of our motoring pedigree.
And it turns out to be a fucking bloated automatic with a price tag a bit too big and a two years long waiting list.
Every day that passes, I want to die a little more.

France isnt an automotive country anymore. The UK is on its way out too.
There is just the USA, Japan, and VAG.

>No manual
Trash it

Can't wait for the FIA GT(x) version(s)

if you wanna know why it won't come to the us read this thread

Oh god, the ass will be so fat.

A110 Cup.

>The UK is on its way out too
Dude, the UK died decades ago.
All their significant brands are now foreign-owned. All it has left are small, niche carmakers (which France doesn't have and can't really have due to regulation on the automotive market and on businesses themselves)

Dude. Stop being so defeatist. Of course the A110 will have a manual version. Just wait a year.
Alpine is not even officially reborn yet.

we have 2 big car manufacturer though and they don't stop growing

I really hope you'e not talking about Mini.

It's hard not to be defeatist when the greatest achievments of your carmakers are a bloated SUV with an alright interior (that Peugeot 3008 or 3007 I can't remember), rubber panels on the Citroën Cactus and the fucking Renault Tweezy.
Oh well. At least Citroën/DS are doing alright in rallying with their buffed-up chinese models.

Looks beautiful and I'll probably never be able to get one since I'm an Amerilard.

A good start

The 3008 have been praised by critics for its serious and its dynamic quality.
The Cactus was an experiment of Citroën for a new positionement on the market. The result is the already best seller C3.
Renault makes toptier hothatchs. Remember the Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy-R who holded the title of fastest FWD on the Nurburgring.
And I can also speak about the new DS7 who is also praised.

Peugeot style owns Pikes Speak with its 208 and Dakar with its 2008
Citroen rules on rallyes
DS is on E formula
Renault is the main engines provider on F1 and own its own team.

And so on..

This. The Frenchies are severely underrated

The annoying thing is, the big three french carmakers do great at stuff that doesn't exactly trickle down to the public, like their performence in motorsport, of the many, many great concept cars they keep coming up with.

We suffer a desatrous reputation herited from the last decade.
Almost all our cars produced from 2000 to 2012 were catastophic. Desgin, finishing, reliability...
But those days are over since many years now. The last generation of cars are really great. Especially Peugeot and Renault who have decided to conquer prenium market with some of their models.
The only problem is the lack of noble engine like a V6 or the downsizing.
Anyway, 2018 will be an amazing year with DS and Alpine our new prenium brands.

Next thing you know, someone will revive Facel-Vega (and Simca for good mesure and lighter budgets) and Venturi will actually put something into production.

The city of Alpine

>Luxury

>Be Eurotrash
>complain that American cars have poor "panel fitment" or "the doors closing make a weird sound that isnt a luxury sound like the Mercedes"
>"the plastic insides rattle!"
>They release a luxury vehicle
>THIS SHIT

I can only imagine how poverty tier the rest of the car will be. But It'll have leather bits on it so its luxury, just like my 3 dollar genuine leather wallet I bought at walmart.

Looks cool, but auto only and not being sold in the USA.

If it was manual, I would welcome it as the W40 MR2.

Just like the 4C

r-right?

mr2 was never 70k

>60.000€
Why would I when I could get an A310 that will only increase in value for 30-40K?

I have genuine hype for these, really hope they come out with a manual though

>strung up 4 cylinder engine
Not highly strung, same engine as the megane RS so plenty of aftermarket too
>Tiny feminine hairdresser car
Oh no a small, light car
>French brand, appeals to women
Only busriders complain about French, and there's nothing wrong with owning a car that women will find your lonely ass attractive in
Many races, the car is more of a homage than anything
>Super expensive, could get a brand new Mustang and supercharge it + many other performance additions for the price
What a way to oust yourself to the world as being a dicklet
>AUUUUTOOOOMAAAAAAATIIIIICCC
SSSEEEMMMIIIAAAUUUTTTOOOMMMAAATTTIIICCC

I'd rather a manual although with the car using Renault parts and Renault not offering a manual with their 1.8 Turbo afaik, it doesn't surprise me

>Complaining about the luxury feel of an exhaust tip on a racing car

Wew laddie

i think it looks amazing and would be an absolute blast driving but I live in shithole America land of the car cucking so im just gonna sit here and try and forget it.

>luxury price and another user saying it competes with porsche and alfa
>Now its no longer luxury and its a racing car

If its not a luxury car then its too expensive for the performance it grants per dollar.

So which one is it eurofucks?
Is it a luxury car or is it a sports car? Because it fails at everything other than being a laughable shitty car in the same segment as a miata.

won't most Americans just assume you're driving some sorority girl Audi tt?

fucking fake exhausts
how hard would it be to take the exhaust pipe, make a little piece that fits on the end and hook that up to the port on the bumper so that it's at least not painfully obvious

when are the mods going to start mass bannings for amerifats? they shit up every thread

>ask for opinion on car
>get opinion from board
>waahhhh they talked bad about my overpriced shitbox!!!

soyboy detected