What does Veeky Forums think about the Fairlady?

What does Veeky Forums think about the Fairlady?

>800€ for a change of tyres

>being poor

>way to fucking big
>no V8
>not an IDx

Fairlady more like Oldhag
WHERE IS IT NISSAN
WHERES THE NEW ONE
CUNTS

>3" longer than an S30
>8" wider

>way too fucking big

There's a lot of problems with the 370z, but being big isn't one of them

What are the other problems? I was entertaining the thought of saving up a down payment on one.

that's the fatlady

>living in soymany

slow ugly pigfat outdated trash. same with the GTR

The spirits of the old z cars are doing donuts in their graves.

I love all of the except for the Z34. It amazes me how much it looks like the Z33 but also how much worse it can be at the same time. I hope the Z35 will not be as stubby, especially the rear, and will have a tarbo.

For what it is, there really isnt anything wrong with it. If you want a 370z then get one. If you want performance you can get much more for the same price of a used 370z.

Old as fuck and overpriced for an overweight v6 hog

Too thiccccc for me

What do you have in mind? It's already very small and has a better power to weight than most other cars.

I have one, it's currently the cheapest new NA sports car with more than 300HP in Germany due to import or homologation of American muscle cars being expensive.
It's a nice car for 8/10 back road driving. It starts to fall apart if you want to go all out because you can't slam-shift it, the clutch engagement point is weird and frankly, the lady is bit on the thicc side.
It has a nice manual and mechanical feel to it: Hydraulic steering, you can feel a gear engage through the shifter, you can clearly hear the clutch engaging, etc.
But if you're looking for amenities you're out of luck because the car is outdated. We got manual AC, cruise control, heated seats and a very shitty navigation unit if you spec that.

Reliability is good, the VQ37VHR solved the oil burning problem the VQ35HR had. The only major weak point ist the CSC but an elimination kit exists which should be used when it fails the first time. A common minor problem is the door handles rusting.

>tyres
you couldnt even afford to fill it up, you paki

the OldLady more like am i right?

How are 300ZX's? I kinda like the idea of a car with an engine potential of a skyline but without the massive rice tax

pigfat, underpowered and old

Awesome car, but if you get one make sure you check it out, because the one you posted is the base model which doesn't have the right parts to drift.

thanks for reminding me how shitty Nissan is for scraping the IDx and completely crushing my dreams.

dont even bother dude. itll fall apart before you even halfway home. Amazing car with a lot of potential but is massively unreliable. so unless you have time and deep pockets its not worth the investment

liked by faggots who know nothing about cars. pretty much like the Toyobaru.

In my opinion, these cars have aged and need a refresh

t. faggot who never owned one

Why? They were slow, ugly, and pigfat, too.

Problem is the VLSD is complete shit. It is the achilles heel of the G and Z cars. They do sell mechanical ones of course, but it's annoying.

>In my opinion, these cars have aged and need a refresh

Too bad the fucking French are lazy bastards to facilitate a redesign.

seriously
would be sick if they decided to just revamp they're whole 210-810 and 520-720 sedan, coupe, wagon, and truck lineup

Don't listen to this meme spouting autismo, the Z32 is perfectly fine if you keep up on maintenance, which is a little more time consuming than most cars.
If you have old style injectors (92 and below on NA, 94 and below on TT), replace them with a kit. Literally a day of just soldering and and wrenching and you're done.
Keep on top of 60k/120k services, change your oil regularly, flush coolant regularly (usually done with 60k/120k services), and you're fine.
I don't understand what the "unreliable Z" meme is about, as long as you take care of it it takes care of you. Same with literally every sports/sporty car. Forgot to change the timing belt on your civic with a few simple mods? oops, shit's fucked. Same thing with Z32.

>Z35
It's dead

I still don't get the name. It's classy though.

Was classy
theres nothing classy about the 350 or 370

I like them. I'd love to have one as a second vehicle

Great used car for someone who's looking for a utilitarian drivers car.

>reliable
>plenty of cars to choose from
>parts are abundant
>older models are cheap

As a new car it's just too dated, the VQ series engines and FM platform cars basically held Nissan up for the last 15 years now, they were great back in the day. Anything built on it know seriously shows it's age.

They can be had as cheap as 29~K CAD new for the "Enthusiast Model" or whatnot (Canada never got the base 370z till like 2015 or 2016.

The Enthusiast model lacks a real LSD which basically handicaps the car, but at 29k it leaves some room to spend a bit more outside the purchase price compared to other cars. I know someone who did just that and tracks the car.

You need to beware of these cars used for the fact the owners are usually shit. I'm a Nissan employee and there was a 2016 370z with a spun rod bearing at

I think some nissan bigwig literally saw the play and really liked it...

>car is roughly 25 years old depending one what year you get
>still thinks all itll need is just maintenance
>boohoo he called my favorite car unreliable.
bruh yall are fucking stupid.

240Z - One of if not the best sports cars ever made. It may not be the fastest or the best handling but it got you 90% of the way there for 1/3 the price.

260Z - Obviously more meh than the 240z but it got out of 70s emissions standards

280Z - In a world that killed the Cuda and turned the Mustang into the Mustang II the fairlady somehow almost got better. The 280z honestly isn't that different from the 240z in terms of performance but it is even further ahead of the pack of it's era

280ZX - The middle child of the Fairladies. Too 80s for the S30 line, too 70s for the Z31 line. Also the first of the GT Fairladies, and where the Z line starting diverting away from the design motifs of the original. Probably because Mr. K stopped leading the project around this time and Nissan absorbed Datsun. Today it makes a good Craigslist beater.

300ZX (Z31): The last really good Fairlady that actually stuck with the budgeted approach of the original. Unfortunately it was too little to late to catch the RX-7 and MR2.

300ZX (Z32): The bad one. It may just be the fact I hate 90s sports cars or that this one deviated the most away from the original being an expensive, comfy GT. Weirdly enough there are also the ones that sold the best.

350Z: The cluster fuckiest of the Fairladies. It went through a shit ton of revisions and as a result has tons of simultaneous identities that all clash. Is it a sports car is it a GT is it a roadster? Honestly if it weren't for TFatF the Fairlady would have died here.

370Z: Finally the Fairlady is sort of returning to what made her great. Ok speed, good handling, and a better price. It's obvious Nissan's trying to rekindle the Z brand but it may be too late seeing as the last good Z car is older than Russia.

>outdated
yes. it's outdated as fuck, has barely changed since it started production in 09.
>overpriced
new, yes, you'd be retarded to buy one brand new. depending on what you're looking for, they can be a pretty good bargain used. you can go faster for less money, but they're pretty reliable so they make a good daily.

>issues
csc failure on the manuals, will happen just a matter of when. going aftermarket fixes the issue, can also be covered under warranty.

the steering lock can malfunction but I believe it's limited to the earlier years, could be mistaken though. stops the car from turning on, but can be fixed by literally just pulling a fuse before it happens.

i've had an issue with the fuel gauge not reading properly, but doesn't seem to be too common. will fuel starve under 3/4 of a tank on really hard turns sometimes, but also fixable by going aftermarket. won't happen on the street, just when you're pushing the car hard on the track. can be fixed aftermarket as well.

>pigfat/heavy
autism. they're 3200 lbs. the vast majority of 'performance' cars, with the exception of the miata and gt86, are heavier.

strongly recommend the sport package for the lsd and better wheels, and the auto rev matching is kind of cool but not really needed.

i'm pretty happy with mine, though if I had a bit more of a budget I would've probably gotten a 5.0 or an ss. if you find a good deal on one, go for it.

It's not an econobox with bicycle wheels.

Too bad the Z34 is fuck ugly with its short rear and and weird roof angles (thanks for nothing, GTR).