Something different. Which car has the best digital dashboard/interface...

Something different. Which car has the best digital dashboard/interface? I feel like many are stuck in the early 2000s with their shitty display and awful interface design.

Like why switching to a digital dashboard if you just use the same round elements and make it look like it's real? Why not using the display to create something more efficient with better UX?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XyMCQVrSY_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fuck your newfag bullshit

z31

I have a soft spot for the (somewhat rare) digital dashes that came on 80s mopars like the Dodge Daytona.

lexus lc500 by faaaaaaaaaaaar

youtube.com/watch?v=XyMCQVrSY_I

Obviously this

couldn't find an actual vid of the lc500 but here

I miss old digidashes. They had the same functions as analog gauges, just using numbers and lines instead of circles, and while they end up looking dated, they're no more dated than an old digital watch- it does what it's supposed to with dedicated fields for each bit if info and that's it. Modern digital dashes are just fucking monitors stuck in the dash with what amounts to a fancy screensaver, and for some reason all of them are absolutely ugly as sin.

Like this. What the fuck? What is the point of that shit? Why do I need to know what song is playing so badly on the radio (because I can't glance at the in-dash screen/head unit, or can't wait ten seconds to find out) that it neds to slide the whole thing sideways and hide fuel and engine/oil temps?

imo gm actually did a digital dash correctly on the sanic

Lambos had that years ago, its not as unique as it used to be.

>2018
>digital dash
>doesnt integrate its navigation functions into the dash

this is the one problem with the 2018 Mustang, the digital dash looks fine but everything is focused on the track functions and 99% of time you just need to figure out how to get to the track first.

only digital dashes worth a damn right now are from Porsche and Audi's digital cockpit. Audi went full digital while porsche blends traditional gauges with in-dash screens.

Mercedes does not apply since they went full Tesla and put a big dumb rectangle in your face and called it good.

S2000

BMW 8 series has a nice looking digital dash, nice to see someone trying to step away from gauges for a bit, it worked great on the S2000.

>lcd gauge cluster
>luxury

While the Corvette C5 has analog gauges the option heads up display is pretty digital.

>g meter

kek'd

Fairladies have been doing these since the earlh 80's

this is exactly what a digital dash should be
>linear tach
>digital speedo
high precision and easy to read
anything else is retarded

yeah and it's updating like 60hz or something, i mean there is no lag like in a new mercedes or rangerovers

Those are cool and useful. Same thing in the C6.

what wrong with a g meter for a sports car?

More cars should have HUDs. My first car was a Pontiac G6 Coupe that had one.

Audi/porsche is probably best imo.
I like the one in jaguars, huge map and you can get a heads up display.

>Feels racecar man

I like the one in the Volt. It's easy to read and functionally laid out.

I always liked the Chevy Astro vans dash, very basic but it’s nice to look at imo. Would probably want a few more displays like a tachometer though if it was on anything other than a automatic passenger van