Really helped him in this case

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qUfllTC5lck
youtube.com/watch?v=ethxojNDEs0
youtube.com/watch?v=AHbn4Y8Y8h0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That was very satisfying.

I don't know anyone who calls it an emergency brake. Handbrake or parking brake

burgers usually call it e-brake because they're used to just shift it into P when parking and many actually think the handbrake is for emergencies.
that's also why you see lots of yt videos where passangers rip the handbrake when the driver fucks up

Why did he do that?

E-brake will get you out of the worst fuckup, even when you traveled over 120mph with one hand on the wheel and have an eyesight of 5ft and reaction times of a snail!

>has ABS
>literally does the thing that will guarantee the absolute opposite what ABS does
There is no God.

He would of been fucked even if he didn't use the handbrake.

>multi approach shitpost
not bad, 6/10 and a (You)

maybe he was more used to operating a camel

>VW
>a dozen wanring lights lit up on the dash
check.

What's the problem, bro?

youtube.com/watch?v=qUfllTC5lck

MEET ME ON THE TOE GAY YUGI KUN

Seems like a pretty gud camera

I call it a handbrake if it's a hand operated one, but if its a foot operated one like in minivans and shit, I call it a parking brake.

ya, totally the ebrakes fault. not the guy going at 150 km/h on a dark road with the cabin light on so he cant see that far ahead.

I just want to know what he was saying

I have a friend who did something similar
>driving glorious EB falcon in the wet
>on highway ~100km
>hits puddle or something
>probably had shit tyres
>probably aquaplaned
>(he blamed the car, said it was notorious for randomly losing traction at the back or some stupid shit like that)
>gets sideways
>can't correct it
>PULLS THE FUCKING HANDBRAKE
>spins out onto the medium strip and monsters over some bushes

I still have no idea why he pulled the handbrake instead of just the regular footbrake but he maintains, to this day, that it was the right thing to do - had some fantasy about it magically straightening the car again or some shit....

Awkward young love.

>the amount of steering needed even for the slight turns even before they start pushing

This is why Golfs are shit - all turning done with front wheels, they never cut in and turn with all 4.

>no emergency lane
Why is this allowed?

he was gonna hit anyway, doesn't look like he went sideways after ripping the brake.

how lol

they need two lanes to go 70-80mph jesus christ they should stick to commute driving only.

your friend sounds like an idiot. also get new friend.

I literally don't talk to him any more.

so to clarify the best thing to do in this situation is to just fucking slam the brakes as hard as you can?

Yes, you dumbass

thanks

Only if you have ABS

depends if you're able to steer to safety or not. He could have just steered offroad but I can't tell if that's a good idea or not with how dark it is.

imagine being this dim

If you hit water doing 110 and have cruise control on you will die.

But seriously, happened in my dads EF XR6. the cruise control accelerates because it thinks its going up hill.

trying to avoid obstacles is a perfect way to roll over and embed yourself into an even bigger obstacle

>Warning lights in display
>That cross hanging from read mirror
>That accent/language
>More than 10 seconds reaction time
>Doesn't even try to slow down with ABS
>Slams on Handbrake in the last 2 seconds

>HADRAJAHARDAJAHADRAJAHADRAJA
what did he mean by this, Veeky Forums?

I can see how that could happen, don't think it had cruise control.... he certainly didn't say anything about it.

He could have stopped with just the footbrake... why didn't he brake earlier? I would have started to slow down as soon as I was lights up ahead.

>handrem handrem handrem handrem

aka

handbrake
handbrake
handbrake

don't know what that shit about emergency brake comes from. That ain't a thing over here.

I hit a huge puddle of water going about 60 with CC. I learned my lesson for sure.

>pull handbrake
>wheels lock up
>skrrrttt
>profit

>You people are idiots. Talking like you know shit while you dont know anything. This car uses 2 front wheels to brake. Thus also 2 front wheels for ABS. The rear wheels are not used for braking or ABS. They are just rolling along.This guy is braking as hard he can and probably ABS is doing its job. Rear wheels are just rolling. In this case you can use your handbrake. Because bandbrake uses only 2 rear wheels. The car wont spin because the front wheels are braking and not accelerating. And if the rear wheels lock up thats oke. Cuz it helps the car stop faster cuz it wont spin anyway.

>all these fucking retards saying you should downshift while panic braking

Maybe he wanted to powerslide out of it but chickened out.

Beat this
youtube.com/watch?v=ethxojNDEs0

Rear brakes were disconnected for burnouts

>makes no effort to slow down as seen from his tach/speedometer
>HADRAHADRAHADRAHADRAHADRA
>pulls handbrake 100 meters away

Snackbar is great x10

>he was gonna hit anyway

He braked way too late when the situation was even fucking obvious in the camera for several seconds. Then he didn't stomp the fuck out of brake and apparently awkwardly feathered (probably thinking he'd slide sideways or some shit) and then even pulled the ebrake like an idiot.

It's a modern car and judging by the footage he would have stopped right before it if he would have just fucking used the normal brake instantly 100%

Downshifting wouldn't even fucking do anything because there's only a certain amount of traction tires have and you can be sure as fuck that the brakes will instantly reach that maximum those tires can get on the road.
It's not like it is difficult to slow the wheels down, it's difficult to have enough traction to slow the whole shitpile down and those comment faggots don't get it.

Something similar happened to me last week, was going around 200km/h when I saw that there were cars stopped in the highway, the differences were that I have control of my car, my car has better tyres and brakes and I downshifted (not while going 200km/h but while slowing down) to engine brake.
I didn't crash.
My car is just like the Opel Omega A. but with a better engine, my ABS isn't working.

>Opel Omega A
You're that Dutch faggot on one of the FB groups that thinks Opels are actually decent cars aren't you?

Nope, I'm from Brazil and I don't know what you are talking about

Nobody is even slightly bated.

Try again

Its a yt comment

Não sabia que os omegas daqui tinham ABS.

>and I downshifted

what is this downshifting meme when the brakes alone are enough to overwhelm the tire traction?

I've learned to drive downshifting, always thought that it was more of a hassle to not downshift. I mean, if you're slowing down you have to downshift anyways if you dont want to stall. Do you just hit the brakes to 0mph and shift into neutral or what?

Actually, how the fuck do you drive without downshifting, what the fuck are you talking about?

His car is RWD. That means if he downshifts AND applies 100% brakes it makes a difference because rear brakes don't bite as hard as front brakes and here he compensates this with the engine braking applied to the rear wheels.

Additional engine braking in emergencies like this wouldn't work with FWD of course

>have to downshift anyways if you dont want to stall.
there's something called clutch pedal that you step on the same time as the brake pedal when you do a hard emergency braking.

Maybe it doesn't do anything on these new fangled ABS cars but on my old shitters it makes a huge difference to quickly heel-toe cycle through the gears when panic braking.

100% braking is enough to lock all wheels retard

>100% braking is enough to lock all wheels retard
in your 1975 honda civic

>Alpha 300 1 month ago
>Can you explain please why he shouldn't pull the handbrake ?

in any car with no abs

Staying in gear actually helps avoid lockups when braking hard because it gives the wheels extra rolling inertia but this can be bad when you're in the wrong gear because the rolling inertia can fight against the brakes.

The ideal scenario is to have your engine providing rolling inertia to help stop your wheels from locking up, but spinning slow enough that it still provides braking to those wheels - that's why you downshift.

You're right! I see racing car drivers do that all the time when they are braking hard........

Reading YT comments is NEVER a good idea.
Maybe only if you suffer from too low blood pressure.

huh i thought you wanted to downshift to rev higher when braking because the engine has to fight more compression cycles than if it were revving lower

btw im gay

>let go of the clutch
>car is now stalled

thats what i mean.

2deep4u

By spinning slow enough I mean: the engines rolling inertia is making the wheels spin slow enough (to slow the car down) - you achieve this by shifting into a gear that makes the engine rev higher yes.

Ive used the parking brake as an E brake before
>be me
>cruiseing to a stop light
>ease into the brake pedal
>nothing
>holyshit.mp3
>stomp on the parking brake and down shift to 2nd and soon after 1st
>start slowing down and i stop in the middle of the cross walk
>somehow my front brake line burst and i wasnt getting shit for braking power scared me shitless

>that understeer

>Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8

Would reply to (You) again

2deep4u

It's a comment on the video. Dude seems to think the footbrake only brakes the two front wheels.

Race car drivers aren't panic braking

Wouldn't CC turn off when TC kicks in?

They are braking as hard as they can yes?

You are an idiot if you really do this

Yes, but they have time to plan for the corner and hours of practice time

They are braking to the extent that they know the wheels won't slide + added safety margin depending on driver, team, and race.

t. benchracer

You're the idiot for thinking you should be doing anything other than flooring the brake pedal in an ABS car. Here's your fucking (You) dipshit

That's literally how it's taught to you when you learn to drive in a manual

CC is a death trap--shouldn't be legal tbdesu.

O meu tem sim, é um Omega CD 1998 4.1.

Omegafag here and no, the car doesn't lock the rear wheels when applying 100% braking

>nobody posted it yet

youtube.com/watch?v=AHbn4Y8Y8h0

>what is engine braking

>Voltswagon with a CEL on

Superior German engineering

I just saw a TCS off light?

Underage meme poster

Downshift fags are retarded, because the vast majority, and I mean 99.9% of people driving manual, aren't competent to downshift while panic braking.

Is downshifting theoretically better at high speed panic braking?
Yes.
Because in any modern car slamming the brakes will not be enough to lock the wheels when you're going that fast.
I usually can't lock until I'm going around 40mph. Up until them aero and load are enough to make the traction beyond the braking power.

Downshifting in the snow is a great way to wreck your car though, you already have brake balance, and if you can overcome your grip with your brakes alone, then downshifting will only hurt.

they are bus pass holders guaranteed

to be honest you invalid your argument when you refer to a video with an absolute retard in it who obviously doesn't know anything about running a car