At the risk of some "too slow" memes:

At the risk of some "too slow" memes:
I was rear-ended by a couple pickup trucks while stopped at a red light. Insurance cheque is in the mail, and is enough to pay off the remaining loan, with about $1500 left over.
I'm debating getting another FR-S, or a ten-year-old Porsche Cayman for about $18k. There is also a well-kept Mazda 3 in town for 6k, so I could get that and pay off the remainder of my loan. What would Veeky Forums do in my position?

>Skip on the Porsche

That's for god damn certain.

3k civic.
Rest in Bitcoin.

>take the insurance payout
>keep car/buy car back
>keep driving it

Doesn't look too bad mate, I've driven worse.

Mazda 3. You are a fucking idiot if you go into debt to buy a car.

depends on what you want, why are you limiting yourself to only 3 cars? First off dont get the Porsche, then dont get anything that youll need a big loan from just keep it low and get something fun

>FRS
He should take the fucking write-off.

Also
>he didn't have it nearly paid off at a low mileage
>he isn't getting $12,000 in free money
Wrecked my Fiesta in 2013. Got $12,500 for it with only $1,000 left on the lien because I hate having debt and paid ahead of schedule. Unfortunately I caught a case of the stupid and used it all on a shitty brand new econobox instead of buying something good because REEEE RENTAL CAR PAYMENTS IT BURNS GET ME OUT GET ME OUT

now you get a proper sports car like a new v6 mustang or camaro!

Goddam, you have snow already? Where u at senpai

It's completely fucked.

I say buy the Cayman or a 996 911

>renting a car when you're in trouble

I don't know this feel.... I know several people with old shitboxes they could lend me or I could even buy one with rego for 500-1000 on any given day....

Is cash for clunkers to blame?

What's fucked about it? Doesn't look like the rear subframe has been effected in anyway, although the chassis might not be quite straight anymore... but it should be close enough.
Just looks like the useless tin box that was your boot is now completely caved in, but what the fuck do you need that for?

Are you blind or something? The whole rear half needs to be replaced and color matched then a state patrol inspection.

S L O W

It's fucking fucked, Mate. Big time. Whole rear end folded like an accordian, and couldn't go faster than 10kmh, could barely pull off the road to wait for the tow.

The Democratic People's Republic of Fucking Leafs. We've had snow since October.
I paid off as much as I could in the

Mazda 3 is a pretty solid choice, my mom had one and it was actually decent okay acceleration but overall a good car

I have daily drive a car with the boot completely squashed in.
As long as the driving components are straight enough she'll be right.

Did you get raped on the valuation?

Valuation was pretty fair. I really can't complain.

I think it's time you grew some pubic hair and got yourself a pickup truck, son.

just think. if you hadn't tried to pay it off early you'd have all that money plus a paid off car from the wreck. essentially you just made it cheaper for your gap insurance to cover the car. you better sue that guy for your neck pain ;)

The rear axle is fucked. It's a rear-wheel-drive car. It's undriveable.

Pickups are for fags to pick up other fags. Go suck some more cocks.

You're the one who got "rear-ended"

Shit, that's funny.
I'm still not buying a pickup truck.

If you got rear ended in a truck at that speed you'd only need a new bumper at most and could of driven home. Fuck cars. A tow truck picked up you so...

It doesn't look like it is, the only think that could have happened is your entire chassis infront of the axle could have bent - in which case it's probably fucked - but otherwise it's probably only metal rubbing on the wheels.
You could at least use it as a track car or rally car, I doubt there's anything wrong with the driveline from that picture.

Get the v8 if anything. You’ll regret the v6 forever.

Op what years are you looking at?

It was a 3-vehicle collision. A Dodge Ram 3500 plowed into a stopped Dodge Dakota doing 60+. The Dakota was wrecked as well.

2015 Scion, 2008 Porsche, 2012 Mazda.

Yes you need a pickem up truck

Yeah if you’re looking at something relatively new I’d go for a s197 mustang preferably with the 5.0, I had a 2013 frs and I got rid of it for a ‘10 mustang and didn’t regret a thing.

Just get a older car and do it up

19k for a used car is stupid and you could get a 10k car and put the rest in maintainace and modifications

This is exactly what I did when I got my mustang, well the first one anyway. After selling the car buying a new one and modifying I had like $1100 left over.

Take the fucking hint that your car got rekt and youll need a new one, get rid of it but dont replace it with some old porsche

and out of all old porsches a cayman? are you 16?

yeah

best to just change things up

fuck buying the same car again let alone keeping it stock so boring

For anyone still following, I've gone for the Mazda. I've also saged because this thread ought to die.

Bitcoins like $5k a peice now it's to late to get into it

What are you fucking stupid? He got rear ended by 2 trucks which can weigh around 6,000lbs each that's a shit ton of interia that should've the driveshaft into the transmission and engine