>individual side exausts on passenger side

supercars.net/blog/2002-hsv-hrt-427-concept/

Also this beast

poorshhhh did a dorito?

Nope, they didn´t, but i wish they did.
(or at least give it a complete engine)

>Mercedes C111on GM plattform
Why?
The C111 already had multilink suspension AND a 4-rotor dorito or a V-8...

Sorry i mis post
aww

>poorshhhh did a dorito?
Actualy the 787b had a Porsche transmission.

Porsche did a lot of crazy things back then, but not a dorito.
Just to name one: The aircooled turbocharged 180° V-12 that had a mid-drive crank and ran 1,4 bar of boost without a intercooler and had a "Dampfrad" to let the driver increase the boost further while driving.
Or the verry simmilar naturaly aspirted 180° V-16

oh duh thats right

Did anyone besides mazda get rotaries sorted?

This but with a V8.

NSU did build their Wankel Spider and Ro 80.
Mercedes had C111 Prototypes with 2,4L 4-rotors.
Citroen had the GS Birotor.
Van Veen had the OCR 1000.
Norton had the Commander.

Porshette 911

Only current production wankel I am aware of so far is the AE50R, but it is not designed for automotive use.

Wagon with a nintendo entertainment system built in for the little shitters.

I was wrong:
mistral-engines.com/products.html

when will Gen Y's ls swap them

I hopef in 20 years when they are useless shit

>muh V8
Go big or go home with a
>Sextuple Turbo V48

>Lamborghini Cala
>Ford Indigo
>IDx NISMO
>ME Four Twelve

Never ever

>tfw you'll never drive an Alfa Romeo Carabo with your cutie Italian girlfriend in the 70's

>*Need for speed: hot pursuit theme playing in the background*

I still don't get this. They could have turned this into the new Sentra and KILLED the Civic and Corolla.

It would offered real style where the Civic looks like it was styled by a 5 year old and the Corolla is the definition of bland. Nissan had an opportunity to make the competition look like fools.

I hate this timeline where all car companies seem to be in lockstep.

the IDx was supposed to be like a little brother to the 370z. Then they killed it to focus on the next 370z which they immediately said they had no interest in making a next gen Z car and instead they debuted their Crossover Z SUV abomination.

Nissan is so fucking shitty it isnt funny.

id buy this if they existed

>Carbon fiber manifolds
gotta save dat weight bruh ;^)

Its a crime, really

It should be illegal to show to public concepts of cars you won't sell.

This

There is nothing more 1980's than this.
Fags will try to argue the Vector is more 80's but nah.
This is the pinnacle of the 80's

the jet engine twingo

i always liked this

The horn plays La Cucaracha

The moment the GT and the GT350R were announced, I just knew somewhere, one day in the not so distant future, some crazy millionaire is gonna put a Voodoo motor in a GT and make the car we all wanted from the start.

goddamn it this!

is plastic/composite lighter than carbon fiber or the other way around?

Stock LS1-LS9 intakes seem pretty good

the IDx looks like a revised c10
thats pretty cool

Norton commander? Wjat the fuck? That's software

There are a few dorito bikes

kek

I fucking want this car

>cars in ghost in the shell
when future cars used to be cool

Don't. . .Just don't, the wound is still too fresh. This would have legitimately been my first new car purchase I loved it so much. I hate that Nissan is such a bunch of pussybois. I have an R33 and have had a 180SX too and they are fucking amazingly fun, while also being surprisingly practical for DDing.

The IDX would have been my goal car if it had come out. And can you honestly imagine how cool the aftermarket would have been for the car?

The only thing I don't get about this car is the name, why not Mid6? I mean it was supposed to be a V6 right?
But seriously though, the Mid4 is goddamned sex. And knowing Nissan in the 90s it wouldn't have cost an arm and a leg like the cars it was competing against.

Jeep Wrangler EV
Class A or Class C RV EV

My most dreamiest of dream cars have yet to be built.

Citroen SM EV
I feel you brother

Imagine being one of the few people in Nissan that actually has a passion for making cars, spending all this time designing cool concepts just to have your dreams crushed over and over again.

youtu.be/NNxtBy7Gf2g

Every time a concept is awesome this is how executives respond.

I await the day that I can own an EV that isn't slow, noisy, harsh, and cheap feeling. I just want EVs to at least be on par with ICEVs in terms of quality, performance, and value.

>cramming a boxer motor into a kei car with proper center diff controllers for 50k

just end my shit

I-I’m gonna need a sauce on that image, user.

With a Toyota engine. Not a Subaru abortion or a BMW disaster.

>With a Toyota engine
They could have used the 2ar-fe from the camry with a turbo and been far faster and more reliable than what we got

no offense but this looks horrible. Looks like the abortion of a cross between a TT and WillIAm's disgusting car.

Looks like some trash from the Robots movie

That looks awesome.

so a retarded veyron?

daz eet mane

The revived Lancia Stratos engineered into reality by a German millionaire was expected to spawn 40 copies for wealthy fans of the resurrected rally champion. That plan has now been blocked by a key player — Ferrari. jalopnik.com/5820412/ferrari-blocks-production-of-new-lancia-stratos

Came here to post this.

It'd be great with the supercharged engine from the GRMN Yaris.

Would probably upset the market in the same way as the NA MX-5, but even better.

>tfw you will never have a Renault Raccoon

Ford Forty-Nine is another beauty that will never see production. Closest we got was the remade Thunderbird, which was a disappointment in a lot of ways.

They made one M8 ever and it's locked in a vault in Germany. Literally, a giant vault. There will never be another one.

It's supposed to be the future already. We dreamed of this stuff decades ago, wanting it to be a reality. We have the means and the power, so why not make the present awesome like we wanted it to be?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE KIKES MAKING THESE HIDEOUS BORING LITTLE SHITBOXES.

Man, never noticed that a lof of the Jalopnik article titles border on those of buzzfeeds.

>too beautiful for this world

Supercharged, turbo, high revving NA, I don't care. Just bring it to market.
It's literally the only new car I've been interested in for years, I'd buy it day one on the lot.

Jalopnik is literally the Buzzfeed of the automotive world. It's just clickbait and normie trash.

>those intake manifolds

Does flow not matter with boost?

turbocharging is shit no matter what you do, supercharging is what you use if you want actual performance

turbo is for nips

Does consent matter with rape?

rape is socially ascribed, like race and gender - it doesn't actually exist

I can't fucking stand the huge amount of sponsored articles for random shit that has nothing to do with cars. Like fuck off with your belt ads you cocksuckers if I wanted that shit I'd be on Veeky Forums.

>2017
>not using AdBlock

Wew lad.

But seriously, the reason they have so many terrible ads for random shit is because that's what appeals to normies. They routinely, impulsively buy stupid shit online.

>be normie
>reading about newest domestic cuckmobile grocery getter
>hate your life with your overpriced shoebox house, fat wife, small dick, and go-nowhere job
>see flashy ad for a NEW BELT
>this is the perfect distraction from your suicide-inducing existence
>if you can just get that shiny new belt
>everything will get better
>just spend a little money, normie
>like a good goy
>that's it
>goooood goy

>Make bad ass, sinister looking concept
>Production is cutesy chick car

ERRYTIME

why won't ford make a corvette competitor?

no one could deny the awesomeness of a mid-engined voodoo

I'm not dumb enough to think it'll ever actually be built, but here's to hoping Factory Five comes up with a successor to the GTM

maybe its just the wrong people running the company at the wrong time. same reasons GM refused to release what could've been very good body-styles and editions of the Corvette (i.e MR right up until now) they actually weren't even going to make the C7 ZR1 originally.

the "rear-engine'd" corvette like could've been GM's direct response to all the advantages an RR car like the 911 has or they could've continued the Corvair which *had* a flat six and once again could've finger banged porsche hard on an advantage in RR layout they've made use of over the decades (assuming they kept developing it).

tl;dr if Carroll Shelby were still alive or different people were in charge of certain things they likely would have a corvette-priced and performing sports car by now or at least the new GT would've been all around much better.

>Could've ushered in an Era where Ford and GM try to attack the Hyper car market.
>Corvette MR would've been made sooner probably.
>Still would've shitted itself with Chrysler reliability though.

It looks like a Twingo crossed with an alien. I like it.

That looks totally rad.

Why lord didn't ford go with the Mach III?

>tfw no mid engine Mustang, ever

I'd settle for what we have but no backseats...

Except that you could easily recreate that one. It's just a production Wrangler with the roof, doors and tailgate gone, a roll cage, some upgrades and some rice like the hood or the spare tire blocking everything behind the seats.

Hnnngggg

just remembering it blasting around the rally stages on Gran Turismo

My nigga
This was my favourite car in Ferd racing 2

;_;

Wow, that looks sexy as fuck.