Colored brake calipers

Would it be considered to ricey to paint some stock calipers for purely esthetic purposes?

The intention is to bring the whole esthetic of the car to a white with blue trim idea (the calipers would be blue)

yes it ricey and a waste of time. its shit that add absolutely nothing to the car. Do something more productive like read the owners manual.

Right. If someone could actually answer that's not a German car fag, that would be nice.

I own two japanese cars. I just posted that pic bc it was somewhat relevant.

Its fucking ricey dude.

E30 fag here and thinking the same thing
Think choose a subtle dark blue
Nothing fluro and gaudy
And I'm only thinking this because my brakes are very well hidden behind the wheels

I was thinking something close to the blue in the OP. Too bright?

Paint them aquamarine like Project µ brakes

Just yellow chromate your stuff. Looks good and is long lasting.

that's actually not bad. will it stand up to salt?

>paint some stock calipers for purely esthetic purposes?

As opposed to painting them for practical purposes?

Did you seriously just post THAT and tell someone that painted calipers are ricey? Lmao

i just bought some baby blue calipers. are they ricey?

Blue calipers do better in winter so it depends if you live in a cold area.

Not shure about salt desu

Don't get the hate for painting calipers, if it's done well and goes with the car what's the harm? Better not get your body panels painted or someone might call you a ricer

painted calipers are without exception ricey and will always look shit

>TFW inboard brakes so no one can see your ricey calipers
Life is suffering.

I only paint my calipers black with POR15 so they don't look rusted.

>shitty stock steel calipers

go ahead and paint them black

-t. have a rustbelt car with disgustingly rusty calipers

that car is 100% fully functional race car.

You sound like a flyover state living, Forza Horizon playing, underage idiot.

Match the blue on the rest of your color scheme, too many different shades of blue would make it look like a half-ass job.

stupid kid. Get off this board till you are of age

If they're actually brembo, then no.
If you have stock calipers, I wouldnt bring attention to them with overly bright colors. But painting them a solid black or more subdued color would look good.

It's 100% rice dude. Sorry you're butthurt.

Unless ur calipers r rusted to shit than yea it's ricey

White with blue accents is always a winner for me. I say do it.

Metallic colors and black only.
ie Silver/gold

No red/yellow like brembos come in?

It starts to get rice yes. But if it's the original color you buy them I think it's ok

To prevent them from rusting if you bought a shitbox that has standard steel calipers and is subject to salt/sand in snowy areas? Is this what autism looks like?

I hate it when manufacturers put after market brakes on the front or back and then for which ever end they dont they paint them the same colour, so in conclusion I think the answer is yes op

Rice is an acronym for Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. Not a term for fast asian cars in general

OP here, that pic is exactly the esthetic I'm going for.

It's a backronym if anything, the term originated from "rice burners" which was a derogatory term for asian cars with nothing but cosmetic mods, or modified asian cars in general.
"Race inspired cosmetic enhancements" came later.

"fully" functional

yea fully functional at being a riced out piece of shit

i wonder if the brembos are better than harrop brakes.
surely not.

nah im going with the acronym was created first and some Americans picked it up and made it about car origins cause >muh ferd

Another thing you could do is cold galvanizing, you can get the stuff in a spray can from pretty much any hardware store and it's just about the best easy corrosion resistance product that your going to be able to apply at home, I've done the rear brake drums on my beater Tacoma that I use to tow a boat so it sees saltwater pretty much every other week and it hasn't shown a bit of rust yet, I can post pics if anyone wants.

>paint calipers black with speshul paint
>chemical and heat resistant, what could go wrong
>finish painting, put wheels back on
>read instructions out of curiosity
>"bake for 1 hour at 200°c"
>drive on the highway while slightly pressing the brake pedal for 30 minutes

good enough desu

i loled, thanks user

What if my brembos came silver but I painted them black?

>Would it be considered too ricey
In my opinion, painting your calipers for aesthetic purposes is usually "too ricey". Painting them black/gray/silver is fine in my book.
Should my opinion affect your decision?