American Reliability

If only Dodge and Chevy made quality, well-built cars. Seriously though, why are some American brands so fucking crappy in terms of design (looking at you, dodge) and reliability (looking at you, dodge)

Other urls found in this thread:

fordpowershiftlawsuit.com
electrek.co/2017/10/20/bolt-reliable-chevy/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They aren't. You just keep spouting the same tired old rumor that American cars are unreliable.

fordpowershiftlawsuit.com

Please sleep child, it's past your bedtime

>FORD FOCUS AND FIESTA
i thought those were European?

>thinly veiled ford thread
god bless the STs and the RS

DSGs should not have debuted in Ford's economy cars

electrek.co/2017/10/20/bolt-reliable-chevy/

Yes F O R D is European

Yeah Chevy's been doing well, FCA on the other hand....

The Fiestas and Focuses are considered European, there are euro and aus branches of Ford. if you don't believe me go to any ausfag or euro thread and ask them if the Falcon or Sierra cosworth are american.

Asshole managers, corrupt unions, unhappy employees.

Japanese cars made in America by Americans supervised and managed by more Americans are more reliable than American cars made in America by Americans

The reason being that Japanese companies structured their QC efforts around the advice of an American while American companies thought he was a quack. So, Japanese reliability is actually the American reliability America didn't want.

>There are some foreign branches of a FORD
>yep, the Focus and Fiesta are foreign made and designed cars

Are you really that retarded?

The Fiesta isn't even made here you brain-dead shit. YES THE FUCKING FOCUS IS FOREIGN DESIGNED! the Powershift transmission was made by Greteg a German company.

Meh, I've got a 2013 Chrysler 300c (5.7 v8). Has 60k miles and I haven't had anything but oil changes and new tires.
I think the bad reliability ratings come from nogs trying to throw 'em around corners. Abuse a car and it will break. Whodauthunk?

Are you saying the Fiesta and Focus are not American? No fucking shit they're not 100% American. Go to sleep jeez

The manual is a TREMEC
>American company

I like autos too, but the only good transmission in these cars is the manual

>crappy in terms of design (looking at you, dodge)
The Charger and Challenger look great, what's not to like?
>reliability (looking at you, dodge)
If you're talking about the build quality I could see an argument there, but Chrysler engines are solid.

All modern cars are pretty reliable. I think the "American cars aren't reliable" thing is an echo from a time when nobody here is even alive. I see tons of GM and Ford cars and trucks from the 90's on the road everyday. every car costs money to maintain, i've had japanese cars and american cars they are all fucking money pits!

>Japanese reliability is actually the American reliability America didn't want
u wot m8

Chrysler may have shitty build quality but by god do they style cars well. You’re a fuckwit

Its all about cutting some edges to keep a competitive price.
Because lets face it, you dont buy american for build quality or reliability you only buy american because its cheaper.

The company is called Getrag. It´s also a joint-venture. Powershift is a dual-clutch semi-automatic, no wonder it´s gonna shit the bed.

Getrags, that are their own wholy, can take a quite big beating. Like the ones in BMWs.

Biggest problem(it´s still a problem) isn´t american reliability, it´s american maintenance. As far as I´ve understood, it´s due to lack of yearly checks and that the US as a society is so reliant on private cars. Which leads to that all kinds of asshats are driving and owning cars.

On the good side, older american cars/trucks are super simple, parts are cheap-ish(shipping costs vary) and there is a lot of room to do maintence/repairs. I can´t comment on newers US-cars, because I don´t have experience on them(late 90´s, early 00´s is the newest for me).

That's subjective fucktard

American cars are typically no less mechanically reliable than their japanese counterparts, often times, a la late nineties early 2ks buicks, they are even more so, but they do not tolerate piss poor maintenance for as long. There are of course exceptions to this. I'm looking at you early 2000s chrysler.