Why is BMW so scared?

Alright Veeky Forums, why are BMW fanboys so enraged by a Kia?

Do they see the end of days coming?

> but this $65k BMW is faster
> but this compact BMW coupe is faster
> but you could get a used e46 for the same price

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xJZAKvReRvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=T0wg4CdATJk
youtu.be/lSKwOToYmqk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Being a fanboy of certain brands is idiotic.
Better competition scaring the shit out of carmakers = better cars and lower prices.

Koreans finally learned how to make good cars and it bothers Deutschland

Has it started with the Stinger?
I want to like it but I don't trust Korean reliability and quality. I hear lots of talk about how great they've gotten, but it always makes me think they only got great relatively, but are still below the others.

True but what people are ignoring so they can get their laughs in is that that reliability is improving year after year. Yes it's not up there yet but that's exact where they're going. No, the Stinger isn't a world beating perfect godmachine but what it IS is a really good first shot as well as a declaration of where they want to go, and the people who are smart enough to be above the BTFOposting, like the people at BMW, see a company clawing their way upmarket that could potentially undercut them across the board with vehicles that are just as good as theirs. And that's fucking terrifying. They have to do something about KIA before people actually start realizing what's happening.

I think the fact that they got Peter Schreyer and Albert Biermann to design and engineer the Stinger really made a difference in the quality of the car since they had full control over the project.

And if you’re ify I’m liking it then stop by a Kia dealership and take a look at one and decide for yourself. That’s the only sure way to be certain.

Nothing to scare Kia and BMW are both shit

> so says the owner of a charger

I don't doubt the power or features of the car, but there are a lot of issues I can imagine that a test drive doesn't reveal.
How does it last in the long term, how available and cheap will parts be, will the engine blow up at 150k? Those sorts of things, especially since it's the first year of a brand new model from an entire country new to this segment.

Either way, that could mean it'd be a good used/cpo buy a year or 2 down the road

> posts pic key and not the car
> and only one key at that
Probably a Boxter.
> what is a Charger?
Something that’s faster than the 991 GT3.

Well, they drove their test cars on the nurbergring for 1,000,000 miles and pushing them. They drove them in -30 degree temp for six months and they held up. And they have been out for a year in Korea. Not to mention that Kia has been working on the Stinger for 6 years now. I think they’ll be just fine.

But, the bigger reason to take a look at one in person is to get a good feel of the quality of the materials used and the style of the interior firsthand.

Oh geez... here we go again.

It does not matter if the kia stinker grants 3 wishes and one of them is for 3 more wishes... It is still a kia and no one is paying $40k or $50k for a fuck'en kia.

Kia engine grenade and the company fucks you over for getting a new one.

Oh, but Lucky Get user. People have already been buying them like crazy.

> engines put together at one particular plant in America
> because the faggots at that plant can’t do shit properly
I see nothing about the Lambda II engine’s. I guess we’re safe.

>Probably a Boxter
Wrong again
Charger can't turn why even compare rhis shit to a Porsche...

>It is still a kia and no one is paying $40k or $50k for a fuck'en kia.

That kind of thinking shows what a brainlet you are. If a car is superior, the badge doesnt matter.
Back to >>/cgl/ with you, or some other female oriented place.

a Kia is not superior to anything.

>implying the slushbox autotragic in the kia amounts to anything

>performance doesn’t matter!
>lap times don’t count!
>muh luxury Kia

Yet here you are stating the charger can’t turn even though a 9 year old base model V8 with non-performance brakes/suspension can beat the stinger around a track

*Alfa Romeo has joined the party*

>inb4 not the same class, kia is as big as a 7 series

>People have already been buying them like crazy.

> Will Anyone Actually Buy the Kia Stinger GT? - Autotrader

> Kia Will Have A Hard Time Selling The Stinger GT Unless It Fixes Its Antiquated Dealerships - Japonick

> The 2018 Kia Stinger Will Cost $52,595 Fully-Loaded - The Drive

US Market? 4 days into December? Not likely. Any sales you think you see are internal. Kia name is absolute shit. K900 sales levels are in your future, Mr. Kia salesperson.

AUS Market? Well, those guys cucked themselves kill off their home market car manufacturing, so you have a better chance there.

>> engines put together at one particular plant in America
>> because the faggots at that plant can’t do shit properly

It's your fuck'en plant. it is you fuck'en company screwing people out of their money when your fuck'en shitty manufacturing explodes.

> pay $50k for car
> engine grenades
> oh well

The Charger nor Challenger can beat the Stinger GT. Unless you want to throw the $65k Hellcat into the mix.

And even then...
> $65k for a 707 bhp Engine shoved into a shit tier car

Dont forget you can get a dealership installed and warrantied supercharger on your mustang to get not only a better car overall, but a higher HP engine on top of it.

> trying this hard to troll
Have fun being wrong all the time when the real sales numbers and performance numbers come out.

I got a Cayman S wtf are you talking about... Kia is just as crap as amerifat muscle cars...

Yeah you can. And it’s awesome.

Wtf are you on?

Your $40k gook box is slower than a V6 challenger

Have fun getting your shit pushed in when the real numbers come out.

DAE ignore numbers xD!1!!1

He’s using preproduction test numbers. Not post production numbers. He’s just trying to troll and make memes. He’s just a colossal faggot who can’t stop sucking that “preproduction comparison” dick.

Twin turbo? Eh, sounds like a lot of headaches down the road. Naturally aspirated will be more reliable.

>those are just preproduction numbers!
>Kia will fix this for the US-spec models!
Pic related is you

Do you actually think before you post such statements? A few suspension changes of spring rates won’t be able to cut enough time off to save face when a fucking V6 Challenger is somehow faster than a significantly better equipped sports sedan. There’s no way they could do it without doing significant revisions

lmao

now even the ameritards are shook.

KIA STINGER:
- No manual transmission
- Ugly
- Constructed by StarCraft chinks

Signed,
BMW Fangay

I hope you're right. This would be a nice underdog if it could out pace more expensive performance sedans.

>Why are Kia fanboys so enraged by a BMW?
fix'd
who wants to drive a kia?

>only comes in auto

DOA

>dat pic
SAVAGE! How can kiashills be recovered from this?

>Automatic only
yeah nah fuck that

> a few suspension changes to spring rates
lol, you really have no clue, do you? Try changing the timing, remapping the ecu, changing the exhaust system for better flow, and the stiffened spring rate in sport mode. This changed the Stinger from running a 4.8 sec to a 4.4 sec 0-60, a 13.2 sec 1/4 mile to a 12.8 sec.

Stop being such a bench racer and acting like figure 8 times of a preproduction car means shit in actual racing. Hell, the Charger R/T Scat Pack couldn’t even put run the preproduction Stinger GT. Unless you are saying that the Charger and Challenger are faster than an e92 M3.

It's a DCT auto. That being said it's an expensive grenade when it inevitably goes.

Is it really? I heard it was an in-house, typical automatic that was a little worse than the ZF8.

haha nice try retard

Kia shill’s top picks on Streets of Willow
>BMW e92 M3
1:29.02
>Kia Stinger GT
1:28.90
>Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
1:26.76

learn to read nigger.

Yes the Scat pack challenger is faster than an e92 m3. You should worry more about a V6 Hyundai and a fwd focus ST being faster than your $40k Kia sports sedan though buddy

E92 M3 lap time is 1:27.67
And that time was set in the ''2011 M3 vs 2011 Mustang'' motor trend comparison to prove that ''the mustang is just as fast as the m3'' while on Lightning Lap the M3 oddly was 3 seconds faster than the mustang

> now we’re moving up models for damage control
Yes, the Scat Pack with the SRT engine is faster than the preproduction Stinger GT.

Congrats. :)

>damage control
How?

the stinger is still slower than a 375 hp 5.7 L V8 Challenger and charger. You are the one who brought up the higher level scat pack R/T and said it’s slower which was a retarded statement considering the lower spec model is faster than the stinger to begin with. All I was doing was proving you wrong once again

I see you trolls now latched onto another brand after the Giulia was comprehensively beaten by the M3.

But the stinger has 365hp thats 10hp less
checkmate

>giulia beaten by the m3
What?

M3 beat the Giulia on pretty much every track review.
youtube.com/watch?v=xJZAKvReRvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=T0wg4CdATJk
youtu.be/lSKwOToYmqk

>why are BMW fanboys so enraged by a Kia?

They are?

simple economics even with all of BMW's heritage, Kia is perceived as a threat because cheaper product that competes will have a higher demand, simple economics

not the same guy but im pretty sure your a retarded korean shill

Koreans make the best TVs, mobile phones and music. Now, you can add cars to that list.

Korea is the new Germany.

I though people were shitting on Kia for reliability, Alfa is an Italian car brand is this supposed to be some kind of joke because you had me laughing.

Funny how the world works when it comes to “car of the year”.

Im sure Alfa Romeos are quite reliable until they break down half way down the block from the dealer, where as Kias are probably fucked from the get go because they are Korean.

Man I should start writing about cars.

>be laughing stock for reliability for years
>make reliable car
>be known for your sexy exterior designs for years
>said car looks like dogshit
wtf alfa romeo

Probably when in five years they actually put out a car that lives up to the stinger hype and BMW shits itself

>Kia is superior
>They're getting better
>Has a ways to go
>Scares companies with the possibility
Owned a Kia, p.o.s.... owned Ford's as well, p.o.s. but takes a fuck ton more of a beating and is cheap as dirt. No one wants an expensive gook machine.

Kia undercutting the likes of BMW and Mercedes is wishful thinking. At best they will be able to achieve what Lexus has achieved, except that Lexus has had a 30 year head start.

Even if Kia or Hyundai were to reach parity with the Germans, their cars will cost just as much because it literally does cost money to pay engineers, designers, researchers, etc. to impart that sense of "specialness" and identity that sells their cars. Someone looking at an m3 isn't going to buy a car that's just as good as an m3, they identity and aspire to the m3 otherwise they would have bought an ats-v or something already. Kia isn't going to win anyone over with a Korean m3 that's 99% of the way there but costs 5k less.

>tfw base model 3 series starts at 39k eurobucks in my country
>tfw base model stinger starts at 59k eurobucks in my country

I rather buy the bimmer

Would rather pic-related than own any kia.

That’s because you already do.

BMW guys are not scared or enraged by Kia. They are entertained. It is like watching a ghetto rat pretending he's upper class....ridiculous and hilarious

What's so wrong with Kia, exactly? And while we're at it, what's wrong with Hyundai?

It's a Kia and a Hyuandai, that's literally it. Vast majority of this board cannot get past that.

So much assblast

>Motortrend Figure 8
>chargerfags on damage control

Some people still think they go boom after 50k miles. They've improved in terms of quality and reliability but some retards have a hard time swallowing that.

He doesn't even own it, he rides it