Beginner-friendly girls bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

Dirt bike wepms with sound:
Previous thread:

Why does everyone hate Ducatis?

They are designed by italians

dbt can't afford them and has never ridden one.
It hurts them to hear about things like a Ducati 1098 regularly lasting more than 100,000km without any engine maintenance.

Yamaha XT 125 X
500 miles
GPR Exhaust
Like new condition
£1200

Worth it? Or should I wait for a WR125 for £1500

Do it.
fuck the wr125 you won't find one that cheap unless it's fucked.

Hate is a very strong word. Every motorcyclist I know would love to have a Ducati in their garage. It's not that people hate it. It's just a bit impractical for people who like to be riding on the streets as much as possible. Aside from the SRP, running costs is also quite high.

If there is hate, it is more towards Ducati owners. I'm not saying they are all bad. But quite a few buy a Ducati not because they enjoy riding as an activity but the status that comes with it. Then they start to talk condescendingly about riding, as if owning a Ducati makes them more knowledgeable or appreciative of riding as an activity.

Cheapo driftbike?
Need long wheelbase or common enough to find an extended swingarm
Tell me a b4 goldwing with crashbars is dumb

how are dirt bikes and a goldwing even remotely related?
you sure you know what you want?

Drift, user
Skidding the rear
4cylinder GLs are old, cheap and most importantly have boatloads of torks down low
Another really cheap option is a slammed bimmer, but I can't find anyone who ever got a stretched shaft drive to work

Mainly jealousy and memes.

They used to be pretty unreliable with like 8k costly maintenance intervals. When VW bought them, they put a lot of work into improving reliability and maintenance intervals. Now they're fairly practical and reviewers still always love them.

>Fairly practical
>ECU will shut down the bike if you cheap out on tires
Lel, no
And I tell you this as a vag employee :^)

>cheaping out on tyres
>on a ducati
what did he mean by this?

If you don't get pirellis it'll recognize the tire profile and bitch at you

why wouldn't you get pirelli then?
it's not like they cost more than any other brand that isn't chinese.

got a source on that? because i don't have pirelli's on mine

Do you have any idea of the top speed of the bike?
I have read anywhere between 80mph and 50mph top speed.

But I only ride Bridgestone, like the Doctor says.

Battlax?
never had much luck with them

60mph, i doubt you could gear them up any more and have it actually be usable they already run a 14 tooth front and 48 tooth rear sprocket and im not even sure if they actually rev to 9k, says it will do 70mph with 15/45 gearing though but i hate to think how long it would take to get there.

Yes, these rubbers. Getting a bit rare nowadays.

>100,000km without any engine maintenance.

Thank you. I'll give it a think :)

This is not exactly news, early models would throw a CEL
New ones won't allow you to use traction control and will have a wrong speedo

Yep, without even touching the valves, 100,000km is the average for needing valve adjustments and 120,000+ is the average for new piston rings, pistons will last 200,000+

I think the damper gel of my XT's speedometer froze/broke
How to repair?

One more
You can browse the forums yourself
I member even the guy here on DBT with a white one had to take his in

And the oil?

>120k for piston rings

You mean you need to tear your engine apart when it's just worn in?

Sort of agree on the owner thing.
Many get sweet panis and they have fat chicken strips and can't ride for shit (SnewJ)

every 10,000-15,000km, they have a dry clutch so the oil doesnt get filthy instantly.

>post from over 4 years ago that doesn't mention anything about shutting down
i knew you were talking out of your ass

After a bit more research, it seems it shares the same engine as the YBR. I've actually ridden the YBR before and it did 60-65 so that aligns with your picture.

I could not properly wheelie the YBR. The entire time I maybe got it right about two times.
Would the XT125X be too weak to clutch wheelie seeing as its got the YBR engine?

What about dirt bike thread don't you power rangers and angry boomers understand?

Never ridden either but if they are anything like my old drz125 you just suck at doing woolies, hard as fuck to get the front wheel off the ground after 3rd gear on a 125 anyway.

Probably just suck then lol

Plenty of boomers are into offroading though.
Oh and don't forget about the BMW GS riders hehe

>BMW GS
>dirt bike
get out

Heres a dirt scoot for ya

What's a good price for a 73' BMW R75/5 in good working order? Very little rust (tailpipe), tiny dent in tank and otherwise working perfectly?

Nice! I need a new pair of bt016's but im probably going the poorfag route and get some conti-motions just to compare.

drei funfzig

About $500 and im being generous.

$3.50

New bike... whaddaya think?

Not funny

Where would you even find one of these for $500? Asking price is $3500, and that's pretty okay for Europe.

are you buying or selling?

surely you jest

Buying, if the price is right.
Going to try haggling for $3000, as the seller needs it gone by 2018. Seller collects and lost his rented garage space.

If you already knew where you want to haggle, why ask here?

Also, if you are a BMW autist you know what it's worth, if you are not, you shouldn't be buying one

Miles? Unless it's a low mileage perfect condition survivor (and it doesn't sound like it is) or restored it ain't worth much, $2k maybe?

I hope you paid less, not more for that sweet custom paint

Okay so my local CL doesn't have a DRZ400 that I want or in price range. Dealers have a few new (2016's and 2017's) for okay money.
Is there anywhere else to look for a bike?

I paid $3000

It's stickers, not paint. Not gonna remove it, it looks sweet af bro lol :)

One should always ask for second opinions, so why not do it here? I know it's worth $3500, according to autoscout and blocket (Swe), but if the owner ends up with an extra bike and no garage I could end up with a good deal.

See above
Where would you find one for $2000?

Any of you tried replacing your own chain?

I am going to replace the one for my dr650 and I'm scared that I'll do a shitty job and have it break in the middle of the road or something

start using alloy sprockets then, your chain will last longer.

DIY YouTube: Replace motorcycle chain
Faggot: Go to your local shop

You can try cycletrader or bikefinds, also try statewidelist to get a bigger Craigslist area than just your local. And you could try ADVrider and Thumpertalk, they've both got a classified section but I believe you need to make an account to see them.

Though this begs the question of why do you want a meme bike?

They're definitely hit or miss as bikes. I know a lot of people who have ridden them and hate it. Ducati definitely doesn't fit the mold when designing bikes as far as ergos and whatnot go, they do a lot differently. Panigales are exhausting to ride aggressively and rarely put out the best track times; someone on an S1000RR of equal skill will destroy the pani and do it with less physical effort.

However, they are incredibly fun to ride (for some). I personally enjoy having riding be a very physical experience. A panigale will divebomb on a whim into a corner at breakneck speed and be perfectly stable while doing it, but it will tax the fuck out of you physically.

It's kinda like choosing between riding a thoroughbred racehorse or the wild mustang with a saddle on it. Racehorse is going to win most of the time, but the stang will be a fucking blast, especially if you can somewhat control it.

They're also very small. Guys who are used to R1s and whatnot tend to hate how tiny and narrow the V-twin panis are. We will see if the V4 changes that.

Who else here /slow/?

They have fixed this a while ago. Not sure what bike that user was on, but the modern Panigales and other high end bikes have tire calibration. You basically put whatever tire on it you want, then run tire cal mode and roll around at like 25mph for a bit. The traction control then adjusts to calibrate for that tire specifically. Also can be used when your tires get worn to account for the loss of grip.

>Speeding

CC81PT walked me through it. It's easy as shit on that bike. Gather the tools you need, take the time and opportunity to clean the fuck out of that end of the bike and all the bits that come off, lift the ass-end off the ground a little, note where on the little shell-shaped whotsit on each side the little nubbin sits (else your alignment and tension will be off if they aren't congruent), remove front sprocket cover (and clean the shit out of it and what's underneath), remove the shit at the rear, install sprockets and chain, done. Short-version, anyway.

>numale road bike riders

Its not old enough, or rare and desirable enough to be worth anything. Old BMWs in general are worth whatever someone is willing to offer, not what the blue book says they're worth, since so few people want them. Offer him two grand and when it's still not sold and he has to vacate the place he'll take it.

Cuckj?

Guys I think I'm getting bored of motorcycles
What do

>tfw no razkull chinkbike to fart around on

Who buys an akrapovic for a ninja 300?

Move to a place with twisties

Guess it won't hurt trying, hopefully some Boomer with too much money doesn't get in the way for me.
>mfw Wh R75 is 30K

I don't hate them but the only dude I know who has ever owned one drove it to work on his second day of ownership where it proceeded to shit oil and coolant all over the parking lot and had to be towed home

I'll pass

ikr, it'll sound like the same crap as before, and cost a third of the price of the bike

how much did they pay you?

Where did you ride to today /dbt/, you do have a bike d-don't you user?

It was dark as shit when I went to work. It was dark when I got off work. The winds were also stupid. I despair of having decent weather (winds not 30+ MPH, not snowing/icy, sky not completely grey) for it anytime soon.

nowhere, it was 30's and raining when I left for work. I felt bad though when I could hear bikes ripping up the road around lunch time when it was around 60 degrees

No riding for a couple of months

looks cold and not fun, can you actually ride in that?

yes but it's broken

brutal, when we'll you be able to ride again?

i dont know they don't make the part that broke anymore and i can't find one online anywhere

Have you tried ebay and bikebandit?

Was going to post a clever photo of 55' BSA with skiis and chain, but no, it's a car.

bike bandit has nothing
ebay has the entire engine but that will cost hundreds more than just getting the part

What bike and general area, user?

What'chu want, fambalamadingdong?

squiddy does your misses peg you?

Mostly just looking for a dual as a first bike. Right now it's down to a 51/49 split between the WR250R and DRZ400 in favor of the DRZ. What ever one I find for the right price.

>tfw I find out that my PI case gonna be cut in half since I wasn't insured with motorcycle insurance
>even though I had car insurance
>and even though I put a 3000 dollar deposit down on the bike rental

rip in petes ):

>chavs with fartcan exhausts on 125cc chinese scooter

is this another dbt trap

And then they sell it a year later asking the MSRP of a brand new one.

please don't buy a new drz

Same one I think

If anyone hasn't mentioned yet, there are three kinds of master links... The kind that you can put on with your fingers and uses a clip, the kind you need to press on that uses a clip, and the kind that presses on that uses a rivet that requires a rivet tool. Choose the first kind.

I'm not his misses.

Not a trap, some thot I fugged who had a boyfriend and would send nudes from work.

omg i love the chin thing, epic