So Veeky Forums should I trade my stock mr2 turbo with 124k miles for an ls swapped rx7 fc...

so Veeky Forums should I trade my stock mr2 turbo with 124k miles for an ls swapped rx7 fc? someone offered me the rx7 with the ls1 swap with 70k miles on the swap and 220k on the body. The suspension bushings have been recently replaced and it has megan racing coilovers. Worth it? Pic related is his car.
I personally like it, but I'm concerned with the high mileage on the chassis and the resale value.

Why do you need validation from people on the internet to make life decisions OP? Do whatever YOU want to do

cause I can't make decisions on my own.
tryna see if it's a good deal or not. My concerns are:
>resale value
>high mileage on chassis

Which MR2 nigga, there's different generations

Ew. Please don't do that, user.

no change it for a rotary rx7.
RX7's are nothing without wankel, you'll ruin the weight by putting that pigfat engine in there.
Lightness is everything, its the only replacement for displacement.
Unless you're gonna be some drag fag, in which case ls swap is the way to go

it already has an LS in it you stooge.

91' mr2 turbo
reasons?
already has the ls in it and the only reason I'm considering the trade. would be a nice sleeper to hoon in

is it a vert? then fuck no but i can't really tell too well from the pic

who cares about resale and deals, just keep what you want. If you really like your 2 you should keep it. the only reason you should do it is if you want to drift/drag or if you really love it because that car is going to be a shitload of work

NO

an MR2 Turbo is WAY cooler than an rx7, jesus christ

>trading a mid-engine toyota for a front-engined mazda
>the mazda isn't even a rotary meme unit, it's a fucking ls swap, the vastly inferior meme

mr2 turbo is worth more desu
also way cooler than some retard edgelord's ls swap

Veeky Forums just gets salty when you swap an LS into ANYTHING

Resale value is gone, that's a lot of miles on the chassis. Unless you're going to love it till it dies, please don't do that. People get RXs for the rotary.

>People get RXs for the rotary.
Basically this, there's not much of a point to getting an RX-anything unless it's powered by dewritos.

Meanwhile, you have a perfectly good MR2 Turbo, a lot of people's dream car.

thanks guys guess I won't go through with it

>Veeky Forumsutist is saved and keeps an MR2 turbo

This is a good thread.

good choice

Why do people do LS swaps to RX7's? why not just get a corvette at this point.

Did you ever ask yourself why this person would possibly want to swap his LS rx7?

My guess is he ruined the balance of the car with his hackjob swap of an engine the car was CLEARLY not designed for, do you have the slightest inkling of the amount of re-engineering needed to make a car like that balanced again?
>upgraded diff with different ratios
>probably needs the whole rear subframe strengthened
>probably needs the whole chassis strengthened
(rotaries aren't notorious for their torque)
>revised brake bias
>revised spring rates
>revised suspension geometry

Do you think manufacturers just slap cars together, with whatever engine they can find, without regard to any of these things?

Because RX7's are a lot cheaper even after the swap. Also most rotarys that people buy have been abused and neglected so they can be a money pit for new owners.

This exactly.
Buy a car already engineered for the engine.

You can get a perfectly good C4 for the price of an FC, hell in a few years you can get a C5 for less then 10k.

Those run the LT motor if im correct which after my wifes 1997 Camero I would rather shoot myself in the fucking head than own one of those again.

Rainbow bracelets and bear flags went out of style.

Would it not make more sense to LS swap a C4 than an FC?

Eeeeh I guess, but the C4 is so ugly...

>American cars are ugly
>muh exotic Japanese cars

You know the rx7 is styled after the Corvette right?

both are terrible cars

In his defense, it's a clean swap and he's owned it for 4 years now

And a lot of great musicians take inspiration from the album "Trout Mask Replica". Doesn't mean the source is good.

SW20s is worth far more than FC, donut trade.

Corvette should take a lesson of ditching rear leaf springs and getting onto overhead cam engines like Japanese sports cars have been on since the 1950s

The FC isn't the FD, where the excellent chassis justifies the swap. Although the FC doesn't exactly have a bad chassis, it really is nothing without the rotary.

because it was a retarded fad years back that some guys still think is cool, theyre too lazy to properly build an engine with cams, tuning etc so they just stuff in a shitty pushrod engine. it was more hilarious when the 4G63 Foxbody Mustang and 2JZGTE Camaro came around and people started crying American classic cars got ruined

i sure as shit would rather have a 3 rotor swap engine out of a Eunos Cosmo in a FC than taking the easy way out and putting in a LS1

THIS

Fuck no mr2s are gonna be worth heaps in the future, hang on to it