How do we fix Honda so they can compete with Toyota and dare say, Nissan?

How do we fix Honda so they can compete with Toyota and dare say, Nissan?

e

Acura's fucking done beyond saving. Even Hyundai is making better luxury cars then them now, V8 engines, RWD and all

t. Honda fanboy

So Acura just needs to make comfy RWD cars with nice engines that aren't just RWD Accords?

Basically. Their current luxury sedans are literally just fancier last gen Accords
The only reason the company still exists is because MDXs sell like hot cakes

If they built a little 2 door coupe that's Rwd. Something that could compete against the BRZ/86. Something super light weight, big brakes and at least 250hp to the wheels. They would be dominant again and fast and furious franchise could probably pop out another 3 or 4 movies.

>RWD Preludes

Take all my god damn money now I don't care that it burns oil like a 2-stroke.

S3500 when? People will bitch that it's ugly and too expensive anyway

>almost forgot about the Prelude
>Acura-badged, RWD, comfy, fancier Prelude
>Acura-badged, comfy, fancier S2000
Gibe.
You think their J35Y engine would be a good fit for one or should they stick with light everything.

The new Type R should have been Acura.

Make a street legal version of the hsv 0-10gt

Fuck I'm an Acura OWNER and I don't know what the fuck they think they're doing. Yeah sure, having to develop entirely new platforms instead of just using Honda ones would cost a shitload of money, but why the fuck can't they share the technology that Honda develops. I drive a 14 RLX, Acura's flagship sedan, and a 2014 crx has more advanced technology. It's fucking baffling

This would have been a big price increase. The ILX is basically a Civic si with leather and auto transmission, and it costs nearly as much as a type R

The new TLX was pretty nice prior to the facelift which made it worse. Their major problem is that they are getting shat on by their younger brother Honda who shouldn't have nicer cars. Luxury brand is luxury and should be the best to pick from but it's not. Take for instance the new TLX. It's nice but when you compare it to the Accord, it's slower and uglier. Luxury features are about the same. Here's what they should do at least with this:

>remove bucktooth grille
>remove inline 4 option
>bring back Type S trim and add V8 Type R
>have them actually be sportier

Also
>remove ILX
>space out their sedan models by 10 grand as well. most of their models are around 40 grand.

If they want a cheap model go buy a Honda

t. TL-S owner

Current Hondas are a generation ahead of current Acuras

Only the ILX is behind as they just updated the TLX and RLX this year.

Wasn't it previously the other way around? The newest, best Hondas in Japan were sold as Acuras, and the "Hondas" we got were a generation behind with only minimal updates?

They face lifted them. Honda on the other hand got completely new models

Kind of. Honda sold the MDX and Legend in Japan under their own name

sh awd mdx is alright even with the huge trans.

can confirm, if hauls for a SUV

After driving the new TLX and RLX, the FWD P-AWS is actually pretty good. Their cars are a bit peppy though, which is probably due to a fast/smooth transmission. Their sport seats are pretty good. The looks of the vehicles are good too. The problem is that their cars don't excite.
>Not enough horse power in their V6s.
>No Type S options.
>No 4 series competitor.
>Honda is more luxurious and some times a better buy.
>Their 4 cylinder engines needs a turbo.
>Make the default trims sportier. Follow BMW and Infiniti's idea. The TLX should come standard with a sport tuned suspension and at least 245 19in tires. A base model BMW 320i is still sporty sedan. But a base model TLX is nothing but a last gen Accord with skinny torque steering tires.
>Many think just because the RLX is Acura's flagship, its a 7/A8 competitor. That car is the same size as any other luxury midsize. Acura needs a real full size LS/A8 competitor.
I'm not sure what to do with the ILX. It can be a good 1 series/cla competitor. I'm thinking turn it into a hot hatch?

>Compete with Nissan

Why would you want to compete with a brand that only sells cvt shitboxes now?

Because honda is transitioning to cuckvt's as well

ILX should be a nicer Civic to sit between the Si and the Type R. As it is now its a last gen Si
If it went full type R it would be too expensive

Infiniti have better sales than Acura.

Honda is already 10 times better than Nissan. Nobody can compete with Toyota so don't even bother.