VW Exec jailed over Dieselgate

Does he deserve it Veeky Forums?

bbc.co.uk/news/business-42256870

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/rustfh.mp4
longtailpipe.com/2015/10/02/differences-in-us-and-eu-emissions-standard-key-cause-of-dieselgate/
theicct.org/news/road-tested-sep2017-press-release
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes

>such a huge corp
>not even the only corp that does this and it's known
>only one tiny exec will have to pick up the soap

almonds

my.mixtape.moe/rustfh.mp4

Fuck emissions. Poor bastard.

>VW
Yes.

He deserves it but if its Only him is getting the shaft? Then it isnt fair.

Yes, but the tragedy is that a truckload of execs who deserve the same will sneak past the net

rest in piss vag
unironically kino

yes. emissions targets on CO2 are one thing, what Volkswagen did was corner cutting that saved them money and deceived the government to have the cars spew out tons of NOX emissions that cause a lot of breathing problems.

europe has shittier standards and allows manufacturers to shop at third parties on a substandard test, which is why many large european cities have such shit air quality. even if they don't cheat in europe they put out way more emissions in real world usage. euro 6 will likely change this and make the small diesels that euros are used to buying uneconomical.

Yes, but he's not the only one. Wish the US regulatory agencies went after their own too, whether it's emissions cheating or otherwise.

>europe has shittier standards and allows manufacturers to shop at third parties on a substandard test
LOL you wish, dumb burger. America's standards are so much worse than Europe's is appalling. You idiots are poisioning your own people, which is really a good thing now that I think about it.

the most kino film of the year

longtailpipe.com/2015/10/02/differences-in-us-and-eu-emissions-standard-key-cause-of-dieselgate/

tl;dr For passenger vehicles, CO2 standards are lower (for global warming friendliness) in Europe, but all the fine particulate shit that affects our breathing is way higher.

and all the manufacturers in europe cheat:
theicct.org/news/road-tested-sep2017-press-release

tl;dr even when within the much higher limits for Euro5/Euro6 in Europe, the actual driving results are much higher than that.

>7 years

murderers in Germany get prison sentences that long.

How the fuck did cheating and lying about diesel emission tests get you a prison sentence equal to murder?

The "justice" system probably is the most fucked up part of the US

I know right...

murdered da envirunmentz an chilluns n sheeit

>small diesels that euros are used to buying uneconomical.

Why's that? I ask as yuro looking at buying a 1.6 tdi polo. Not seeing any disadvantages at present given they're only £30 to tax whilst my 1.4 petrol fiat is £220 a year

The collective damage to people's lungs from the millions of cheated through kraut oil burners is probably equal to hundreds of deaths.

Porsche will grow stronger

The guy engaged in a cover up. He should have just cooperated in the investigation and he woulda been fine. VW paid huge money and that would have been the end of it, absent his cover up.

he's the fall guy

>German national in charge of us emissions
>recalled to Germany
>epa investigates emissions
>returns to us for a Florida 'vacation'
>arrested in us

Trump should pardon him and make him 5he head of the EPA

That's how it goes. I kind of want to move on forward from sole proprietor to corp because of my personal legal responsibility in everything I do.

wtf isn't Bosch on the line? It's their ECU's, their software on each car.

I know the manufacturers have say over the software, but anyone who's done ecu work on Bosch diesel ecu's, EDC15 thru to 17 - no matter the manufacturer, the layout and logic is all the same

Meanwhile GM's ignition switch scandal killed 100's of people and nobody saw a jail cell.

GM is American, why would we punish our own?