Guys, I need some help

Guys, I need some help.
Need to figure out what I should buy in the next year or so. I can afford roughly 100-200k, just depends on how my business goes.
Here are my options:
McLaren 12c - 120-140k
Ferrari 458 Italia - 150-220k (depends on year, mileage, obviously)
McLaren 570S - 170-180k
Lamborghini Huracan - 180-220k

(I don't want the NSX, the GTR, Aston Martin, etc.)

Just need to know if anyone else here, is interested in buying these cars, or has already purchased one of them, and can share their experiences. Either what you enjoy, what you hate, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jMJs8X-HvWY&t=68s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wouldn't in good faith recommend any of those.
GTR FAGGOT

Kid, it's past your bedtime. But if you ask nicely, I'm sure the salesman at the respective dealerships can arrange a test drive.

I appreciate the help, but do you OWN a GTR? Can you give me any other reasoning behind it, aside from you just like it?

I'm 30 years old, and own my own company that makes enough to afford these cars. I had no idea that Veeky Forums became just as bad as /b/ in insults, rather than help.

> I can afford roughly 100-200k, just depends on how my business goes.

> I'm 30 years old, and own my own company that makes enough to afford these cars.

By your own post you can't actually afford these cars. You might be able to depending on business. Quit your bullshitting. And if you're not sure you can afford them yet, you can't actually afford them.

Just curious, what are the odds you could score a Huracan Performante for around there? I know the start at ~$275k but would there be any way to negotiate down or find one used? I don't know how an exotic dealership would take negotiating.

Also, I hav eno idea how fast your disposable income accumulates, but how hard would it be to wait until you could afford the Performante? I would imagine that the performance version of the exotic car would be a better """investment""" than a base model.

OwO you hiring ?

not op, but believe it or not, some businesses are more lucrative and may or may not have higher or lower bottom lines depending on how well the niche market is that year

The company makes 250k a year, with 200k profit. Considering I have a few jobs out there that could pay for half of the 200k cars up front, I'm just trying to figure out if I should start out low, and pay it off, or go up higher. Thanks for your insulting demeanor.

What this guy said. My company fluctuates roughly 25-30k north or south of 250k.

I'm a one man company, so I can keep profits. Lol

I could easily find them, I'm in Florida. I'd rather not go up that high, just because of the high amount of liquidity I'd have to involve in the vehicle. 200k is about how high I'd be willing to go.

Oof. I need to figure out something worth selling.
Until then, a decently salaried wagie

I didn't respond to the rest of this, but some months are in the neighborhood of 30k, some are literally 0. So, if I can keep the payments around 2500, I can still afford my house, regular living, etc. without having to worry about cutting back.

From what I gather, most exotic dealerships only haggle on used cars, nothing more. I was going to try and buy DDE's Lambo, but he is picking someone specifically, not just by money alone.

What makes you want to own an exotic supercar?

You are talking about super sports cars in a league were if you have to ask about them, and bring up money at any point, you cannot afford them. If you can afford "100-200k depending on how the business goes" then you can't afford one. Money does not factor into the purchase of a supercar. You either can or can't. You usually don't go test drive these cars either. Most dealers will tell you to walk because there are 10 more of you around the corner who know they want the car and don't need a fucking test drive. You aren't talking about a corolla. I work for a chevrolet dealer and while corvettes are not super cars we apply the same logic. We don't do test drives for a stingray without a full credit report and a 1000 dollar deposit and we don't do test drives of the zo6 at all. Period. Customers either come and buy right away or they can't afford it. Also yeah, get a fucking GT-R fuckface.

I've had plenty of cars, but most of them are the lower versions. I drive 30k miles a year, and just want something I can have fun with. I truly want to stick to the automatics with flappy gear boxes, which is why I'm going towards the huracan.

So, talking about money, means I can't afford it. Gotcha.

Now you get it kid.

Go back to /b/ faggot.

From a business owner to a business owner then:
If you make 30k a month, you will likely not have fun with a supercar.

Think about it, they're very easy to crash, the acceleration is lightning fast and they're not that fun to drive outside of the track by people who are very skilled because of this.
Just maintenance will likely run you upwards of 10k a year if you drive it somewhat sportily.
Could you have fun with the thought that the slightest error on the open road could run you a bill upwards of 100k?

My advice to you is, get a 2ndhand Cayman S, see how you like that.
They can be had for under 100k, and they give you a supercar-like experience, yet they're much cheaper and will make you more confident in your driving.
Hell, get an older 3-series or a 5-series with a good engine package, you can have a lot of fun thrashing those without getting into the finances.

I hope you'll seriously consider this, these are also cars you can actually test-drive.

I'll look into it, I'm not making any concrete decisions as of yet, I was just hoping someone who has/had these cars could give me any practical information about how they are on a day to day basis. I would be daily driving these, it wouldn't be a weekend event. If I'm spending that sort of cash on a car, it's getting driven all the time. lol

I would highly recommend you stay away from Mclaren cars until you are making at least double what they costed new. an Mp4-c for example is cheap for a reason they are maintenance whores even by super car standards.

You were warned.

>daily driving a super car
-stiff suspension
-unforgiving wheels (dude lowprofile, probably wide = slip and slide in any rain )

GT-R BEST OPTION

Look man, i am trying to help. There is a lot of misinformation about these kinds of purchases. Every zo6 sale begins like this "Hi im here for a z06, these are the options i want." People don't kick tires for 90-120k sportscars. It really is a you do or you don't. If you walked in and asked one of my guys if you could drive a zo6, or look at one, or to know about them etc etc i would be extremely skeptical and most likely tell you to leave. If i would send you away why would an exotic dealer entertain you when their sales are through the roof right now. Looky loos are a waste of time to them. If OP is as loaded as he says he is then he should invest in property and become much richer. If he must have an exotic car just pic the one you like the look of most. They are all great performers. It's not hard man. You either can't afford one and came here to role play, or you can and you came here to humble brag. Either way you should just fuck off m8.

I truly wasn't here to role play, or humble brag, I was genuinely curious about information on daily driving them. If this is the census of the post, then I shall bid you adieu, no worries.

I'll look into the GTR, just not what I like on the visual aspect. Thank you for the suggestion.

I appreciate the help, I'll look into the maintenance of them, I didn't expect for them to be super expensive, but also not cheap.

Alright then, you CAN'T DD these cars.
You can't park em outside of a store and expect to come back to it and have it be fine.
You can't put too many miles on these cars without incurring serious maintenance costs.

The Cayman and the 3/5-series are VERY comfortable daily drivers, and fun without being scary to own.

I don't want to insult you or anything, but you don't seem like someone who's really -CRAZY- about cars to begin with.
Is it more of a status symbol thing?
If you're not crazy about cars, this could be a fun status symbol car for you and have fun with it, just go easy on it, it's very easy to wind up dead around a tree unless you have decent race driving experience.

Oh and if you're doing it for women then don't bother, I owned a Ferrari some years back (probably the most well-known, prestigious car brand), most will be intimidated, others will think you're an absolute show-off asshole.
Only gold-diggers will stay.

Tbh I think he's just oblivious of cars in general if you look at what he's making and what he's considering.
I'd be willing to believe his claims (there's no reason not to, what's the point of calling him out if he's lying? just a waste of everyone's time), I just think he grossly underestimates what exotic car ownership is like.
Can't really blame the guy if he thinks they're just like a corolla except it's spikey and faster, though he should have really known to do his research upon reading the posts he's recieved here.

Would also like to say that the GT-R is not that great anymore, it's a 10 year old car sold as new by this point.
It's got sub-par comforts, the driving experience isn't THAT fun, though it is fast around the track.

Fair enough OP. If you really can afford one of those id recommend starting with a top of the line sports car before going to supercars. Im talking Z06, GT-R, 911, Viper. Not as expensive to buy or maintain but almost as much performance. Get the GT-R though.

I like cars, but I'm not a gearhead. I occasionally buy a car that needs work, fix it up, and sell it. But it's just a project. The car isn't for women, or to prove to anyone anything, I have always wanted an exotic car, and I like the way some of them look. The power, and excitement of them would be fun. That's all, just for fun.

Driven many sports cars?

Maybe the new Kia Stinger GT (tm) is for you!

Ferraris are cooler than the others on that list imo. But sadly it screams "I bought this car because I can and don't actually care at all."

I'd say GTR or a Porsche.

I just don't like the way they look. The Porsche reminds me of a beetle too much. The Ferrari is definitely a pretentious buy, but I still like the way they look. Yes, I understand that 'looks' are not everything, but to me the power is mostly the same through the cars I chose, granted some are slightly faster, or handle slightly better.

Fucking Kia shills

My question is for real though OP.
What kind of cars do you normally drive?

Depends on the day, and what is required. GMC Sierra for when work is significant, and requires moving shit, Honda Civic if I need to go a significant distance, like another state (better MPG). or the Tesla if close and around town.

Why not buy an R8? I've seen multiple reviews claiming they're decent daily drivers.

Those cars are so cool looking.

They are not bad vehicles, they seem to drive and handle well, and they don't look too bad. Just wanting something with more power.

Yeah, you really shouldn't get any supercar just yet.
Stick to a 911/Cayman/3 or 5 series BMW if you want to have fun.

Are you kidding me?
What's the most powerful thing you've driven.

what is your business OP? WHat do you do?

Fair enough. Audi R8 perhaps?

ZL1s deliver super car performance just don't look as exotic (at least you are less likely to be vandalized because a Camaro isn't going to raise eyebrows), magnetic ride=ultra comfy.

If this comes out , you buy ?
youtube.com/watch?v=jMJs8X-HvWY&t=68s

03 Viper.
Life safety.
Possible, again this is not a concrete plan as of right now, so I could go multiple different directions.

God no, that shit is hideous.
This is even worse than the Audi TT in my opinion.

thanks but what does that mean? like a firefighter?

Life safety would include a multitude of things, fire fighter is for when a fire is already happening. Life safety is for prevention. Great money for the work.

Means he's a monster that collects money from shops in his district for "protection", i.e. "pay me money and so won't burn down your house". Get a blacked out Bentley or Rolls Royce for max intimidation OP

Mobster*

a 3k civic with a metric fuckton of sick mawds

buy a bookshelf.
or several.
filled with books ofc.

Lmao I went in to buy a Porsche and I’m a doctor and the guy gave me a speech about high school kids wanting to drive super cars all the time and how I couldn’t test drive his $20k Porsche. The faggot had no teeth so I just laughed and walked out.

Car salesmen are so fucking stupid and arrogant.

That being said, OP get a 987 boxster/cayman and put the rest in the stock market don’t be retarded with your money

FERRARI

as another business owner, in my opinion

Gallardo with 100k in custom turbo bits > Huracan > McLaren.

For the cost of the McLaren vs the Huracan, it is probably the better buy. I fucking love the Huracan though.

>03 Viper.
Amerifat detected, KYS and don't buy our euro car, it's not for retards

why waste your money on a depreciating "asset" like a supercar?

To be honest, you don't make a lot. You should be putting your money into actual investments that will give you a return.

My advice would be to go for something quick and cheap (for the money you're talking), like an Audi RS3 or M3 and put another 20k into to. It'll do most of what any of those cars you listed would do, except get you as much puss.

Bank the rest (figuratively). Put it into stocks or property or anything that will give you a return.

put 200k in Bitcoin, in one month you got 400k and you can take your 200k back

>supercars
>getting you puss
virgin confirmed.

/thread
ok then go to the fucking dealerships, tough guy

>200k in Bitcoin
you people are fucking hilarious

invest in gold, foreign currency, etc

Honestly if anyone had just invested a lot in bitcoin just last fucking January never mind when you could get a single bitcoin for a couple dollars (now they are over $10,000 when they were just over $3000 or $5000 last january) they'd be rich... those things are off the rails.

>implying you can actually cash out

You fucking retards have no idea how exchanges work.

I would get a Tesla Model S. Not for the Earth friendliness, (because they're not Earth friendly at all) but because they're fun, beautiful, cars. And a marvel of engineering to beat

I would get something like a Cayman, Boxter, 911, M3, M4, C63 AMG or something like that.
Seems like the smarter and better choice imo instead of a supercar with shitty comfort to daily. Why not choose something inbetween power/speed and luxury/comfort?

No single investor with a shred of intelligence would invest in something with inherently 0 value and not supported by any entity to prop it up. It’s only Reddit and Veeky Forums geeks that swear Bitcoin is the future. There’s more intelligence and knowledge in one desk at a Goldman-Sachs office than all cryptocurrency investors combined. Invest wisely my friend

This UGR shill's correct.

>250k a year in sales
>200k profit
Literally no. Not in any way. State, local, and Fed taxes alone would take more than that. T.An actual business owner.

>if bitcoin goes to $1,000,000 I can buy a super car for my .2 coins
The thread

>I can spend 80% of my companies gross on a toy
If you're going to make up tall tales at least think for 3 minutes before posting.

I have no idea how cryptocurrencies work, don't they just sell them the same way people can sell stocks etc?

I'm a bit ignorant as I don't have the fortune of driving super cars. But I have spoken to people who do have these cars. They say they are wonderfully powerful but not the best day to day driver. Take what I say with a grain of salt, but why not buy 2 cars worth ~$75,000? One for fun and occasional daily and one for normal day to day? I know 7 series is in that ball park for daily and maybe an older Ferrari like the 360 modena? Again I don't mean to be an ignoramus.

McLaren

Lamborghini and Ferrari are both dead as performance brands

You should probably listen to some of the advice here.
The costs associated are not only high, but non-negotiable.
Buying an inexpensive insurance policy isn't an option if you buy from a dealership, and that kind of policy will fuck you on the value. Only expensive policies will pay you what you want.
Going cheap on maintenance is worse, as it can result in part failure, either the kind where the engine gets ruined ($$,$$$), or a crash ($$$,$$$) which is as good as a total loss.
These (artificially high) costs, coupled with depreciation, ensure you will end up losing most of your investment. The only possible saving grace is an increase in value based on collectible rarity, but that's far from a certainty.

>Lamborghini and Ferrari are both dead as performance brands
he doesn't have one

Holy shit these fucking jealous Veeky Forumstists telling OP what he can or cannot afford

>Asking Veeky Forums for advice in supercar buying
Are you a fucking retard? Do your own research, go take test drives, and determine which YOU like best. Some autists on an image board won't help you.

this

>Some autists on an image board won't help you
To be fair, that has less to do with autism, and more to do with the absence of said car owners here.

Supercars are stupid. Even if you started to make lot of money why not just get a sports car or two and some classics on the side and a family car.

>Supercars are stupid
finally some objective points on this board

I single bit coin can be divided into bits so let's say 100% bitcoin = $100 you can spend 1% of the bit and then the bitcoin is 99% = $99 they have debit cards that allow you to spend bitcoins without the normal hassle however I'm not to sure about exchanging Bitcoin with paper cash because they aren't backed by gold but instead of a value depicted by algorithms

I'm assuming that the answer to that question is no

Not a used corvette?

Porsche 911 GT3, Manual

Well maintained 911 from 70s or 80s plus mechanic costs. The perfect driving experience

anything but one of those gay porsches

>I don't want the NSX
why not though?

is it gonna be your daily?

If this is gonna be your daily get an R8 its like the huracan but a bit more liveable

if I were you I'd pick R8 or mclaren for sure ferrari is too bad around here

Ok guys so I need to revise my budget (fucked up a few trades). What can I get for ~$40k? Ideally not too much to insure since the bank will want full insurance.
>inb4 Porsche
I specifically said “supercar.”

well played, OP

Not OP but kind of related situation

Making decent money at work (and yes, crypto but not bitcoin) and looking at a used car that has some "cool" factor and between 10-30k

Was thinking maybe an m6, love that long hood and v10 but tell me why I'm stupid for wanting one please

you cant afford it.

talking maintenance?

Maintenance and repairs, insurance, rental vehicle, gas(if your one of those people that complain gas is to expensive or some shit). But yes they will break down a lot specially for that combination of mileage year and prices your looking at.

>come to Veeky Forums
>get btfo
>get upset
lol What did you expect?

Huracan hands down. The other cars you listed are no where near as cool.

Lol I often wonder why people make threads like this, it's like some weird fantasy role-playing they're trying to engage in.

>Money does not factor into the purchase of a supercar
I haven't come to Veeky Forums in a while, but it's great to see it hasn't changed one fucking bit.

OK not worried about gas (v10 lmao) but would you say that 2k/year in repairs would be reasonable expectations?