What do you think of the 2017 Accord coupe? Looking to buy a V6 (285hp) with a 6 speed manual like this one...

What do you think of the 2017 Accord coupe? Looking to buy a V6 (285hp) with a 6 speed manual like this one...maybe this very one actually.

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/717229810/overview/

Looks sexy

Get it before it’s gone. The 2018 accord is terrible looking, offers no coup or V6.

But Honda said they may actually consider a coupe before 2020.

>FWD

they look nice but the fun ends there.
test drove one, it drives like a boat, super floaty can't feel the road.

Just change the bushings to polyurethane

>hey should I buy this brand new luxury car?
>I don't like how it drives at all though, so you have to carry out mods first.

just buy a good car in the first place then...

It's a Honda, and it's almost new. How bad can it be?

>how bad can it be?
it's a new Honda, you said it yourself.

oh no what a crime

Ok, buy a wrx or a type r
Or an Audi A4

i actually quite like the look of it
>not being sold in the UK

fml. no new fun fwd v6s for us, just old ones like the hyundai coupe, peugeot and some forgettable shit.

Coupe will make insurance sport level so I recommend the 4 door that way it's cheaper. Only because a 2 door with 285hp (impressive) isn't really worth my time in my opinion. Lot of good 2 doors that make more impressive power for the same price.

It would be great if it were RWD. As it stands, it's just a father Civic. That's not a very bad thing, but that engine is held back by some unimpressive engineering decisions.

i already own a 2012 civic sedan auto, this would be a much sporty step up any way you cut it

i was thinking WRX, but where i live i don't need AWD and i don't need 4 doors

yeah years on Veeky Forums have made me genuinely feel bad for car enthusiasts overseas

it's only like $100 more over a 6 month span

>RWD
RWD isn't some sort of magic fix-all that would make any car wonderful, there are a lot of shit RWD cars and there are a lot of great FWD cars

From the company that specializes in FWD.

Looks like a pigfat boat.

apparently a new accord is gonna have a type r engine

really good imo. they're gonna be sought after dd, i would love one.

So i've got my guy looking out for a cheap one at auction, but when I buy it I'd like to swap out the wheels for something more attractive. Should I bother with suspension? It's going to be used mostly for highway cruising and back roads

>used Honda
>gerogia

wew. I'm sure jamal took care of before it was Repo'd. Just spend the extra $2k on a new one.

you can't buy a new 2dr/V6/6MT combo

>All that length
>That tiny little door
>Weird rear

looks cooked m8

The amount of space between the door and rear wheel well looks really weird to me.

eh, it's a big coupe

They should have some new 2017's still left on the lot with that combination somewhere. I thought the point of a Honda or a Toyota was it's resale value. If you got that much to spend you might as well buy it new unless you really need that special snowflake combo.

ok

I have an 04 Accord Coupe V6/6MT, how much of an improvement or change is this thing?

>VROOM (Atlanta)
>3/5 252 Reviews
>ONLINE ONLY - No Retail Location,
>Atlanta, GA 30303

Seems legit.

35hp, more weight, more tech, the usual.

sure, but there are sportier options for the price
you could get a Mustang GT for that kind of money

Obviously I'm not going for sporty because there are a lot better options for that money. I'm looking for a quick Honda that has a stick

If they made the door a little larger it wouldn't look so awkward and it'd be a bit easier to climb into the back seat.

Any other notable changes like in handling or feel? Things worth upgrading for or avoiding the "upgrade".
I'm considering getting a new(er) normie mobile and I'm between one of these and a new Mazda 6 with the stronger engine, I could take or leave the 2 door format.

a 13-15 looks better and is cheaper.

If you buy a new set of wheels get some quality semi-performance oriented tires and it'll improve the drive a lot. Buy new or find some of the HFP suspension parts, OEM quality and engineered for specifically for the car by the manufacturer.

It's not a razor sharp sports car, but it's a compliant, comfortable, reliable car on a dated platform that is ironed out pretty well. 6MT/V6 is a good combo. You'll sleep well at night knowing it's going to be fairly reliable and not plummet in resale value.

Dealers want these off their lots right now, discontinuing the coupe, with the model year rolling over, and a new Accord sedan already on roads means there are deals to be had on new Accords.

Accord coupes that is.

Is there any real difference between the coupe and sedan aside from looks and the doors?
I drive people around sometimes in my back seats so if there's no notable difference in driving characteristics then I might just go for a sedan.

for you

I can't remember the last time I saw a that generation in a sedan 6MT, if ever.

Maybe less interior space gives it a placebo effect but it does seem to feel a bit more aggressive, maybe some different spring rates, shift points etc. Both are Accords though so don't expect a dramatic difference

I mean, it's a Honda Accord - that should pretty much tell you all you need to know.

Quick, kinda sport-ish, sorta fun, sorta nice, dependable, nothing especially outrageous about it.

desu a daily is the only safe option for fwds

nice nsx

What does drives like a boat mean?

Faster and handles better than your rusty rwd shitbox