SAAB vs Volvo

Hey, Veeky Forums, I'm an 18 year old student in Sweden, as you can guess, I'm not very rich.

I own a 1995 SAAB 9000, 2.3 I4 without turbo. My friend is selling a 1992 Volvo 745 really cheap, and I want to know your opinion, Volvo 745 or SAAB 9000.

Volvo pros
>It will NEVER break because Volvo
>One owner from factory to 2014
>No rust
>Very good overall original condition
>RWD
>Will be worth a lot more when I sell it

SAAB pros
>Faster than Volvo
>Looks a lot better
>FWD means better winter car
>Overall a lot more fun to drive

Volvo cons
>Looks incredibly boring
>Boring to drive unless I drift
>Slower

Pic related looks just like my current car

SAAB cons
>Might break, although mine is in pretty okay condition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uXdQUdUu7xA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>volvo or saab
>muh fun muh drifting

t. white trash from northern Sweden

get the volvo and get wild
speed won't help you in the snow, and surely upgrade parts for the volvo are cheaper.

>I feel better about myself if I bash people who ask for advice online
t. brainlet

>NEVER break because volvo

my dad had a v70 and the gearbox imploded, therefore you are lying.

I'm from Stockholm, so I'm more of a city rat, but thanks for the helpful advice!

>city rat
>wants redneck-tier cars

sure

What do you suggest I get then huh?

>stockholm soyboy city rat student
Twingo

Let's just say the 745 is far from the reliable volvo. If you saad is in good condition keep it.

>>Will be worth a lot more when I sell it
Maybe, if you keep it undamaged (indoors in a garage) and well maintained.
But as an 18 year old student you have more important things to do with your time and energy, like sex, drugs, and rock and roll.
After you gradute re-evaluate your goals then buy something else.

[photo] unrelated

I thought the 745 was one of the most reliable Volvos?
I meant more than I will get for the SAAB, not more than I buy it for

Why would you get a car if you're a student and has little money?

Because I want to drive, I'm a gearhead, it's where I want to put the little money I have

Do you think an inexperienced driver with a rwd shitbucket in december is a good idea?

Well, go for the SAAB at least

Yes I do
Okay thanks

Volvo has more potential then SAAB plus there is much more documents on modding.

>Ford-era Volvo

If you are tight on money, then why would you get a different car as you already have one. Unless you swap with no money involved.
Propably smarter to fix your SAAB to top shape and hold on to it until you get money.

pic. could have been related(thanks to swedish butthurt it didn´t make production)

Can you imagine a twin turbo 4.6l V8 that's basically two B234Rs joined at the crank on a 90° angle? ALL THE TORKS

For helvete, keep the SAAB

>volvo sounds in great condition with no rust in sweden

>it's RWD so i must drift it because i have autism

stick with the saab so you don't destroy a nice volvo, they will only get rarer and desu you don't sound like you would be good for that car

>I'm an 18 year old student in Sweden, as you can guess, I'm not very rich.
Get one of these and learn to repair it yourself.
youtube.com/watch?v=uXdQUdUu7xA

Yes, because you have to learn to drive and control throttle gently as well as steering. Right speed in right places and good winter tires also don't forget your sack of grave in the trunk for extra grip.

Keep the Saab for sure

Thrashing cars is the best use for cars you pussy. It's how you learn. Plus volvos are indestructable. You could roll one and drive away.

I beat all the gripfags at the kart track because they don't know how to keep their speed when they lose perfect traction and I do. Guess what? I thrash full size cars and they don't.

>Plus volvos are indestructable. You could roll one and drive away.
Same with his Saab.

I'd tell you the volvo because if you destroy it I wouldn't care. The SAAB is way better, I really like the design, and the 2.3 turbo it's really fun on the highway. I'd say Volvo if you want to trash it, SAAB if you want to keep it.