Is ev hype a bubble or is it real? over a hundred ev's will come out in the next 5 years

is ev hype a bubble or is it real? over a hundred ev's will come out in the next 5 years
what do you think? is it the future?

yes
the combustion engine will end

can you imagine flying cars dripping oil?

Yes cuz other countries will ban ICE next few decades.

>flying cars
when will this meme end? flying cars are called helicopters, they already exist
roads won't die out

Hello!

Electric cars and self driving. The future is cucked. Good news is anyone driving an older car will look cool as fuck.

They aren't the future in Australia, never will be.
Australians sometimes drive thousands of kilometers in a day or so, can't do that in any ev.

i wish the giant rims tiny tires meme would end

>Electric cars and self driving. The future is cucked.
how is that bad or cucked? it's literally a dream
normies won't kill millions of people each year because of their incompetence and we can still enjoy our cars, at least at the track and you won't get smashed by some soccermom suv if you ride a bike

Because I know that eventually gas cars and "manual" drive-and-steer cars will be outlawed for safety and smog reasons. Especially in Commiefornia, where I live.

We will get cucked out of our passion by the government

definitely the future
in fact with gas mileage no longer being a concern, styling can go back to being weird and hydraulic power steering can come back to...

once batteries get good enough and fast charging becomes ubiquitous enough that range isn't an issue beyond 300 miles or so

>Can't do that in an EV

At the rate batteries are progressing this will be pretty simple in 5 or so years.

>Roads won't die out

Really? I think once we move to podlike cars it's only a small leap to move to podlike aircraft and eliminate roads alltogether, aircraft are expensive yes but think of all the valuable land that roads take up, someone will be willing to pay hueg money for that kind of stuff.

within 15 years petrol stations are going to become obsolete, they'll just be parking lots with park-over charging and a single charge will get you 1-2k kms.

It's not happening with Li Ions. That's a fucking pipedream. They have pathetic energy density and recharge times. Your secret blend of herbs and spices won't make them any better.

The electric grids are going to need some serious work too seeing how there's already issues with them without several million EV's.

>petrol
Yeah you guys will be fucked but you'll always be able to get gas in freedom land.

How do you know they simply won't just make a proper driver's license much harder to get and more easily revoked, so those of us who can handle it are still allowed on the roads in cheap cars that don't have any sensors and squish easy? Is it because no one but me has mentioned the idea? The only thing making the future inevitable is people choosing what is and what isn't inevitable.

Fucking hideous who buys this shit?

>You will always be able to get gas

Until when though? You don't really believe cars as we know them and internal combustion engines will be around forever do you? what about in 50, 100, 200, 1000, 15000 years?

don't think so
I think we will keep our system, but it will become more sophisticated, like multi level roads etc

Yuppies. It looks like an average pre-nigged modern crossover. I'm all for EV's as long as they fuck off with trying to make them so aerodynamic and futuristic looking. EV's are 6000lbs and rarely travel over 60mph... They don't need to be designed with a 0.0002 drag coefficient. Give me a normal looking electric truck.

Hundreds of years from now in developed places. We have more oil under us than we know what to do with. The world will have nuked it's self to pieces over religion within 200 years so we don't need to worry.

if someone made an electric ford ranger/mazda b-series sized pickup it would be on the top of my list

I think the only way to really start increasing the speed of transport is to go airborne, rail would work but who's gonna spend all that money.

You literally think cars will last another 200 years?

Also the world is increasingly trending towards not fucking it'self in the ass RE oil, we'll soon have more oil under us than we would ever WANT to use.

You think we'll be riding around in pods and tubes in 200 years? Please, Not at this rate. People are too busy making up new genders. You city dwellers might be fucked but rural people will be driving normal cars for a very long time.

you underestimate how complicated that would be
the goal should be to find a way to make it simpler
also what would you need flying cars for? what's the big advantage?

Right now it is a meme being pushed by Elon Musk. There is no way our electrical grid could handle a huge shift to BEVs in the near term especially places like California which already struggle with electricity demands. I think electric cars are pretty cool though.

There's still the safety issue of hitting a pedestrian, driving into a school building, using it in terrorist attack.
And you won't be allowed any fun or it's to the crushers. There will be cameras on every corner. You want to be safe, don't you user?

Stop being all doom and gloom with your false equivalences, there are still horse tracks and in some parts of the world you can ride a horse in the street.

Manual control cars will never face a total ban

It's a lot harder to kill someone with a horse.
Realistically when we have the technology it will be better for society to have some sort of mass transit system and do away with personal vehicles all together. What they have in Japan is already pretty damn good; I spent three weeks there and didn't once use a taxi or anything other than a train, railcar or ferry. The only reasons I can think of to own a car over there is if you move things regularly or live rural. When it's possible to create a system that can efficiently move people and goods within walking distance of wherever they could need to be the logical thing would be to do away with cars and trucks altogether and use that space for something else.

I think EV's and soon to be Class 5 autonomous cars are going to be everywhere in big cities. However, it's going to be an very long time before they come to more rural areas. Most of the roads where I live are difficult to traverse gravel and dirt. Autonomous cars have a long way to go before they can get through shit like that. We also don't have the infrastructure to charge these things.
I'll probably be driving my ICE for a long time, which I'm more than happy about.

This. Electric car prototypes are always fucking over the top designs. If someone gave me an electric mini truck in which I could easily do maintenance like changing brake fluid and coolant myself, I'd be all over that shit.

evs are getting big in china and india, atleast so i heard

It's funny how people are going apeshit over the end of production of the internal combustion engine. Even if it comes in the next 40 years, we'll all be retired. The gasoline powered automobile has to be superseded eventually, that's how technology works.
That said, if we can wrangle a system where normies sit in their autonomous electric bubble taxis and reduce the burden of emissions, fuel consumption, and safety regulations on the rest of us, I would be thrilled.
We just need more enthusiast-driven companies to thrive, like Mazda and Porsche. It would only take them one Honda Civic-tier everyman's autonomous EV to gain total freedom in sports car development.

Speed, no limitation on where you can go (Not hindered by where there is/isn't roads) and use for the space currently taken up by roads. This is definitely the future.

>tfw will still be a groundfag as my work involves tonnage and excavation.

>tracks
>staying open
>or not charging you $5000 for three hours of "no overtakes" driving until you get your racing license so you can pay $4500 for three hours of regular driving

All of those things both machine and human drivers will have to deal with but since human drivers can already deal with them I'm not sure what your point is. And a self driving car is probably even better for a terrorist attack because you don't have to be in it while it plows into a crowd.

As for the cameras, those cost money to put up. If they wanted, they could do that now.

>horses have been cucked for a very long time by cars
>not illegal

Why the fuck would you think manually driven cars would be banned? America has a mass shooting every other day and they still haven't banned guns, nobody gives a shit about safety there. Somewhere like Switzerland it could happen, but no way in the US.

switzerland actually is an example for more laissez faire gun laws

I meant the self-driving car thing, cause their emissions laws are way stricter than anything in the US