Why don’t they just put a generator in one of the wheels instead of a motor?

Why don’t they just put a generator in one of the wheels instead of a motor?

Battery issue fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-RnFngGcZ50
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's called an alternator and it's nowhere near enough to power an entire car by itself.
Kill yourself or get a brain and realize that you should kill tourself.

>tourself
how do I do this

Find tourself.
Kill the fucker.
Run from the police.
Shitpost about it on Veeky Forums.

But why not just keep a charging station in the trunk?

If you have ever taken a physics class you would have learned about the conservation of energy

>conservation of energy
what do batteries have to do with physics dumbass

How can we exploit DEI in electric cars?

damn I loved these.

I like you

they teach you why this shit doesn't work in physics class, cletus.

>Place big magnet in front of car
>Magnetize the car itself
>Now the car will speed up towards the magnet in front of the car
Infinite power

how long has it been since these things existed?
8 years?
I feel so fucking old now

This one was saved from 2010

It's not gonna work if you put the generator directly to the wheel. There should be a gearbox inbetween so that the generator spins faster than the motor driving the car.

i thought this was the premise of a hybrid... gas engine charges battery via generator.

I can never tell if I'm getting trolled or not when anons display a lack of physics knowledge that should've been fixed in junior high

this one is possibly the most retarded one of them all.

You could do this in Scribblenauts and it would work

Why don't cars just have a big propeller and when you spin it; it makes the car go forward but then once the car is moving the headwind makes the propeller spin faster and then you get more power which means more speed which means more headwind which means more power x infinity.

>I actually thought this when I was a kid

This could actually work if the object you were jumping with had enough surface area/weight (and somehow managed to stay upright) to keep you from reaching too high a speed.

>that's called an alternator

youtube.com/watch?v=-RnFngGcZ50

>let me just run some text through a speech synthesizer
>yeah that will make a great youtube video
I only hate this because there's so much of it out there. One """review""" I found was just the manufacturers description of the product done the same way.

... like a parachute?

Chair is too light, you'd push the chair more than yourself. If you were on a heavy concrete block rather than a chair it would work better, because you would experience a greater change in momentum.

How can they weight it if its negative?
It wouldn't sit on the scales, it would simply rise up and away.

Do you think they can make a perpetual motion machine?

Just put a little diesel generator in the back to charge it as you drive

This to be honest, it is the best solution.

Isn't it better to put windmill?

This is what trains do. Bug diesel engines that run at peak efficiency nonstop that generate electricity that goes to electric motors. Trains especially benefit from this because they need massive amounts of torque to get started from a stop.

Theoretically, a perpetual motion machine is perfectly feasible. It just wouldn't produce any energy.
Take a moon sized rock in empty space, throw a pebble around it at the perfect speed so it's doing a perfect orbit. As long as nothing interferes with the two objects you will have perpetual motion.

The motor already does this it’s nowhere near enough power to power the entire car, but it’s something

Where's the one with the aerodynamic ramp attached to a car?