/ovg/ - Conflict of Interest Edition

Previous Thread Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing rFactor and AC on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20161023013133/https://pretendracecars.net/2015/12/14/spork-juct-invades-sim-racing/
get-good.net/index.php?title=/ovg/_Szilveszter_Rally_2017
youtube.com/watch?v=t1cQfFcPY-I
youtube.com/watch?v=BvKY4ppTGd8
youtu.be/H39BxCu06K0?t=29s
vocaroo.com/i/s0XjPIG7AX1j
youtube.com/watch?v=wpecBkdpiK4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In case of spork juct copy link
web.archive.org/web/20161023013133/https://pretendracecars.net/2015/12/14/spork-juct-invades-sim-racing/

I play iRacing because I'm not a poor and like to race against people.

3rd for read the rallyfactor event regulations
get-good.net/index.php?title=/ovg/_Szilveszter_Rally_2017

OVG vs 「 T H E W O R L D 」

LIVE AT THE BURGER KING

twitch/BayPirates_Racing

#8 Z4
Orange R8 LMS

orange r8 is #15

gt sport offers this basically for free

Ye ye nigga rallycross too now

Is iRacing also full of shit series?

might as well play Dirt Rally since it has a more accurate dirt simulation. Compare iRacing RX to real RX: youtube.com/watch?v=t1cQfFcPY-I

That's at Daytona Short which is the track iRacing is running today so you can get a very cleary comparison. The cars drive nothing like they do IRL, they have 0 grip on the dirt.

shit drivers shit series shit physics + who owns a console anymore

actually that video is in the wet, here's a video in the dry where they have even MORE grip: youtube.com/watch?v=BvKY4ppTGd8

I race the Porsches you have to have a pretty high iq to understand how to drive them most rick n morty fans would understand

Stop perpetuating this myth that rallycross cars magically stick to dirt. Here's a driver at your precious daytona saying they have no fucking grip: youtu.be/H39BxCu06K0?t=29s

>PS+
>free

Well, grip is subjective

Except most people do that already.

If I made my own blog or podcast, I'd probably fill it up with how every fucking game out right now is shit.

>rFactor had a pants on head retarded purchasing system that fucked them over in the early days against AC, only for them to play catch up the past year though a bit too late
>AC is autistic about the tire model to constantly focus on that every few months, when shit like endurance racing and night racing is still not in the game four years later on top of the retarded level of DLC
>Forza 4 got shitcanned on the 360, so you can't get the DLC for it anymore meaning you'll be gimped even if you go back to play it
>Forza 5 and 6 were pretty much tech demos for the Xbox One, and Forza 7 is a mess with lootboxes and other bullshit of modern AAA titles
>GT5 got shitcanned in favor of GT6, which GT6 was supposed to be what GT5 was except they released it at the end of the PS3's life so why bother getting that when GT Sport is coming out
>GT Sport has most of the same problems GT5/6 did, on top of focusing on the iRacing and E-sports audience meaning the draw of driving pretty much any shitbox is gone
>iRacing is an absolute joke with the prescriptions, purchasing and the simdads galore

It's the reason why twelve years later and everyone I know outside of /ovg/ still plays rFactor. Now where's my game consultant job?

You must not know a lot of people since nobody is playing rFactor/2.

>rf1 on steam
ebin

>buy
>rFactor

do you honestly think there's that many people playing that 13 year old piece of shit these days?

now that our Lord and Savior James is gone how will we be able to have our impartial news and editorials about simracing?

Do you honestly think rf1's steam stats are reflective of who is actually playing the game?

by visiting virtualr. Obviously

Colossal retard, leave

do you honestly think that the hand full of autists on this board reflect the sim racing population as a whole?

Nobody is playing fucking rFactor outside of some eastern europeans who can't afford a graphics card.

what kind of newfag are you, sort this cunt out

>Now where's my game consultant job?

sj I thought you said you already have a job?

hell yeah, keep going user

Hi James,

I regularly read your blog but now when I attempt to access it, it claims to be private and forces me to register to read it. Why has this changed? I would prefer to continue reading without signing up.

Thanks,
David D. Davidson

>James finally does the ethical thing
>only does it because his sugar daddy was getting too many complaints

>sj I thought you said you already have a job?
Strawman. I do, but not as a game consultant for profit. Your thread said non-profit game development is "modding" and not true game development.

imagine a blog about rally sims

>sj will never make a chill simracing blog that eclipses prc in every way possible creating the ultimate redemption arc

dude I got banned on hostiletakover KOTH server for "profile hacking", probably because I played previously on 100x XP server and unlocked everything in few hours. What a cunts

35th for join ovgr.4, now with 100% less oval tracks

I don't even think you're referring to the right game.

Arma doesn't have a progression system, there's no unlocks, nothing like that. The only "progression" you might have is exclusive items or weapons by donating to the server, but that's about it.

I know other titles like Killing Floor 2 and Rising Storm 1/2 threw a massive shitstorm about boosting levels recently, even though you need to be high level in order to not be carried by your team in Killing Floor and Rising Storm 1. Rising Storm 2 has only cosmetics, but people still flipped shit when the guy who has only played for 4 hours already has the Kilgore Stetson before them after playing for 1000 hours and went to whine like a bitch. Payday 2 does have somewhat of a problem with level boosters, but with the way the skill system works it's better to have a new player with a good skillset to carry them than a old player with a bad skillset. I still see guys who have played hundreds of hours get their ass kicked over guys who played sub 100 just by what skillsets they select.

Older titles like Bad Company 2 or Vegas 1/2 don't really give a shit anymore if you boosted or not, and there's often new guys heading on the x10 and x15 servers on BC2 just to get their unlocks to be competitive with the old players.

How do we fix iRacing?

Switch the engine to ISImotor2.5

OVG WINS

18TH
23RD

How do I git gud at Dirt Rally?

practice
always cut

nice self-posting

>tfw this happens everytime
I AM SJ

Pic related is what it takes to be the fastest guy in /ovgwrc/
(with a gamepad)

play nothing but the 037

SJ is a state of mind

>he doesn't like turning left

>ice racing with anything but a yuro shitbox or a modified speedway bike

join ovgr.4

This is the first unironically bad-looking pic I've seen of GT Sport so far.

thanks bby, it's hard to make it look shitty

People like to meme on him but he seems like an ok guy from every post and interaction I've seen

Don't make me post that recording

Post rams

Ha nice joke

F

LETS GO RACING BOYS

>spectators: "this shit again?"

>tuning car in pcars2
>notice smoke coming from outside wheels in rear view mirror on high speed turns
>check replay
>no smoke at all in replay

Do et faggot

Or stop slandering sj

vocaroo.com/i/s0XjPIG7AX1j

Has anyone gotten away with retexturing a real-life circuit and giving it a fake name?

Have a look at rf2 and it's "suzuka"

yeah its called circuit of the americas. or any tilkedrome

>sj expressing hreavances
>james verbally greentexting
>middle school tier huurrr dis is just funny

what is that meant to prove

that SJ is our guy

too many devs to list

Happier times

Been a bug since release that was made worse by patch 3. Ignore it.

Pcars is gud guys
Just ignore the issues

>ac runs like shit on my computer and it takes up hard drive space
please elaborate on how you can afford an $800 sim racing setupo

Hello sj

will this get me rammed?

not if you ram them first

Make sure to put "I want to cum inside Rainbow Dash" on the back

cool rally ute

i'd ram u into the butt

I would.
Liveries?

Not on my pc atm. I'll dump some later

I'll have to get some more of mine imported in that case

>BAYONETTA 3

Welp boys fuck the simrig, I need a Switch because it's witch time

nah man it's amazing I get tire smoking without having to do fully sik doriftos

I have some hyper autistic liveries in that game

Oh for sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=wpecBkdpiK4

>Today, Ubisoft announced it is investing more time in the development of three upcoming games. Far Cry® 5 is now slated for release on March 27, 2018 (instead of February 27, 2018) and The Crew® 2 will come out in the first half of Fiscal 2018-19 (rather than on March 16, 2018)

i don't think anything bad can come out of this unless they're planning on cutting content for dlc/adding jewish microtransactions

can anyone rec a good cheap wheel setup for gt6 that includes a shifter (paddles + stick) and handbrake for the ps3 and possibly ps2 aswell?

Logitech DFGT

>Logitech DFGT
...with a clutch aswell

look into a g29

G27
PS2 has absolutely no shifter support

G29 doesn't really work on PS3