Why havnt you made an order for the ultimate driving machine yet?

Why havnt you made an order for the ultimate driving machine yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-bmw-m3-lead-26-car-bmw-m-division-onslaught
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how far the mighty have fallen

Wait wasn't the old 1 series rwd? First no manuals now this? Wtf is wrong with these krauts?

>badgewhores will buy this

blame the CLA and the dumb niggers who bought it.

1 series is still rwd, im assuming this is an option or cheaper european model

>see CLA down the street
>I bet it's the poverty spec
>it's CLA 180
>bet the owner is some 30k millionaire
>owner is middle eastern in grey collegepants

No, the new model is gonna be fwd only

1-series will become FWD. Even the new camoflaged 140 is being spied on at the burgerring and it understeers like hell.

I love how they included FWD in that headline as if it's actually threat or something.

...but actually it kinda is lol

fucking why

>fwd BMW
SACRILEGE

Manual is still to be featured in the 2020-2025 M3 and M4
>The latest word from M division’s Garching headquarters is that the M3 will stick with a conventional combustion engine in the form of an upgraded version of BMW M’s twin-turbo 3.0-litre inline six-cylinder unit mated to either a standard-fit six-speed manual or an optional eight-speed automatic.
autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-bmw-m3-lead-26-car-bmw-m-division-onslaught

Maybe this reduces the confusion:
(at least I hope so, the BMW range and names are retarded af)

>current 1 series 3- and 5door hatch for EU market: RWD
>2 series, 2 GT: RWD (next gen to stay rwd afaik)
>current 1 series 4 door sedan for the chinese market: FWD
That's the one from the article btw, essentially a BMW CLA
>next gen EU hatch: 5 door, FWD platform as well
>X1,X2, MINI range, 2series active tourer: FWD platform

current 2 series GT is FWD or haldex biased AWD
2 series coupe/convertible is RWD

abomination

yeah my bad, apparently the 2 series GT is a larger version of the mini van.

I'm wondering when E81s and E87s will drop into beater terretory, they're evrywhere and essentially a smaller, lighter E46. Such a shame these 2.0 16v engines are a bit shite though

Tbqh I would consider one, FWD is the best for a regular person. RWD is only for race cars.

t. fucking retard

FWD is safer and lighter and makes no difference in handling on public roads. They can easily handle enough power for a normal passenger car as well.

Please make a hatchback.
Please make a hatchback.
Please make a hatchback.

The US doesn't have many options for a proper hot hatch - we have the Golf GTI and that's about it.
A 1-series hot hatch would be fucking awesome.

The only good 1 series hatches are the current and previous gens.
In fact M140i is objectively the best hatchback on the market currently - inline 6 twin turbo, rwd or rwd biased awd, lsd, manual, comfy interior, faster on track and straights than Focus RS, costs the same as Focus RS.
The new ones will suck.

I love the the M140i so much.

>FWD is safer

Bullshit. FWD cars can easily oversteer as well as understeer, and realistically both are equally dangerous as each other.

>140i
>OHH FUGGG THEY PUT THE V8 IN IT THE LUNATICS
>N-no user, t's a 2.0l fwd i4
>Dick
>Limp

I have never seen a fwd oversteer. But they do understeer on pretty much anything.

Fucking Chinese. Tasteless, soulless shitheads.

Sure, you're never going to powerslide around a corner (for obvious reasons), but lifting off or trailbraking when you've hit a corner a bit too quickly can knock loose the back end of any car, especially in poor conditions. In fact it's arguable that FWD cars might be more vulnerable to lift-off oversteer because they have significantly less weight over the rear wheels. You could argue that it's also more dangerous because FWD car owners are generally much less likely to expect oversteer from their cars and are therefore more likely to react incorrectly if it does happen.

fucking end it all europe

Seriously i get why they need this car to make bread but COME ON

>BMW reliability

/thread

BMW= generic garbage

>2017
>BMW just invented FWD
>Citroen did it in the beginning of 20th century.

I have found controllable understeer in most Front drive chassis most notably St 184 Toyota celica. But im hard pressed to find controllable over steer in any car. If the front wheels break loose you just bought the farm. But oversteer is manageable if you apply proper weight transfer. I would thoroughly enjoy the chance to own an all wheel steer prelude to test this theory because the only one I’ve ever driven in havent belonged to me I only pushed it so far. I think the Four wheel steering would bring the front wheel drive chassis into straight competition with the rear wheel drive chassis.

FWD has much better grip and handling in inclement weather.

I have driven rwd for most of my life and currently have a fwd. This entire post is the product of a wild imagination. in my rwd cars i had to be much more careful in snow and even rain. you can argue all you want but you're still wrong.

What the fuck? Were they high when they made these ads? These make no sense

it takes significantly more effort to make a FWD car get sideways, and once it's there you merely need to hold the wheel in the direction you want to go and jam on the pedal to pull the car straight. RWD cars require careful modulation of the throttle to prevent the rear end from losing grip in the first place, an once it's there all you can do is modulate wheelspin so that your slide is consistent and controlled, or slow right the fuck down.

if a RWD car starts understeering, the proper response is to give it more gas and start turning less. As the car rotates around the corner, you can start returning the wheel towards center which mitigates the understeer. Ideally, you would enter the corner at an appropriate velocity so that the car does not just understeer as soon as you turn, but mid-corner understeer can be alleviated by the above method.

you'd have to be on meth not to understand these, especially the rabbit and frog ones, the horse I'll grant you is a bit odd considering they are a better analogue to AWD, but it's obviously poking fun at the stupidity of having the front end of the car do all the work.

>fwd bimmers
>factory turbo civics
>Ford and Chevy working together
>North Korea is now a threat
What the hell is happening this year?

>north korea is now a threat
we've been at war with them this entire time...

not far enough

>Ford and Chevy working together
like thats bad, they will build ultimate democracy bringing machine

I've gotten this thing to oversteer in the wet, some FWD sport compacts it's possible especially with a worked suspension, I had the ass end come out from behind me on a gravel road at 50mph when I dodged a pothole too.

Sadly the E36 are slowly going up, but the E46 compacts can be had in decent conditions around 1K€ already. It's the better choice, full E46 wheelbase, suspension and interior quality even on poverty specs, hydraulic powersteering and endless aftermarket and parts scattered around every ditch after raining season.

>We live in a world of FWD Beemers and RWD Twongos

That's like saying France and Britain were at war with Germany since the invasion of Poland. It's an empty gesture.

>crossover buying soccermoms buy BMW branded crossovers
>women can't drive manual, so manual sales plummet (not like they were high in burgerstan)
>crossovers are too small for i6 engines so they use V6 engines at best
>i6 engines are the minority in sales
>soon BMW will make their crossovers fwd based like all of them on the road
>rwd will no longer be in production
>BMW will decide that making a single car out of dozens that's still i6/manual/rwd will not be financially viable as they could use those resources to make more crossovers

Women, not even once.

American women used to buy Pony cars like Mustangs and Camaros, right?
What happened?

Why do women always ruin everything?

Lift off oversteer is still a thing on FWD cars

I just saw a rwd truck yesterday spin out and hit a garbage can with the bed kek

I have, one oversteered right into my car.

You have to realize that oversteer isn't synonymous with a particular drive train layout. If a FWD car gets unsettled in a certain way and the rear wheels somehow lose traction, then it will oversteer - that's all there is to it.

FWD has a much greater tendency to understeer, yes, but oversteer is very possible.

Autotragics were marketed primarily to women.

Sage

If it was fwd it would not be the ultimate driving machine. It would be an epic fail.