Whose giving it one more season? Get comfy Veeky Forums S2E1 dropped today

Whose giving it one more season? Get comfy Veeky Forums S2E1 dropped today.

it will easily be better than the first. they know what everyone unanimously hated and removed that stuff. It will be like old top gear. I'm waiting to watch it until later tonight but I'm hyped.

is it worth watching? BBC has an iron grip on every bit of intellectual property that made them so fun

>Trademarking 'Star in a reasonably priced car'

First season was shit in the beginning. Got noticeably better the last 2-3 episodes. Watching season 2 opener now.

just finished watching it, it's pretty good. better start than the first season.

it's still them, even if BBC are being shits
the first season was kinda crap overall, but it had moments where it really shone
plus the comfy roadtrips are still there, as demonstrated by the Namibia special
once they iron out the kinks it'll be a fantastic show

>bring back celebrities to shill in season 2
This show is kill.

Doesn't Amazon own them now?

They handled that crash perfectly.
Could not have been any better, literally perfect that they showed the whole process quickly, and then didn't even care in the results right after.
If that was old top gear, they probably wouldn't even be able to show it.
They need filler

i still enjoyed it

the worst part about that is that is resulted in the stupid fucking celebrity brain crash segment.
literally the worst part about the entire shit.

i liked the first episode. even the celebrity part.

Am i the only person who always hated the interviews on top gear?
it was always people i could not give a fuck about.

I’m definitely giving it a watch.

I enjoyed the first season, but people here are right in thinking it had its faults. The series was finding its feet. Here’s hoping that season 2 is a little more genuine feeling.

nah, i always skip that part too.

Having left top gear, they would of had 1 year clauses in their contracts, like they're not allowed to work on a similar TV show - hence all the oppisites. Now that 1 year is up, i'm suspecting season 2 will be more of what we know from top gear.

yeah any time i watch old top gear episodes i skip straight past the interviews.
idk why anyone misses them so much.

>Whose giving it one more season?
As long as May is there I will watch.

Are they still doing the tent thing?

No, they made specific deals with the BBC about what they could and could not do. This had nothing to do with contracts that had yet to expire.

May is still there. They're still doing the tent but it's stationary now, apparently in Clarksons backyard or something.

They did show Richard's crash in the beginning of season 9

I wonder how much the owner of the crash video on YouTube has been paid for letting amazon include it in their show.

Any torrent?

[spoiler]The.Grand.Tour.S02E01.720p.WEB.H264-STRiFE[/spoiler]

>2nd hammond life-threatening crash that came as a result of him wanting to do "one more run" after a full day of shooting
>present it as his first time in both instances

WOW FUCK CLARKSON AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

>ending a sentance with a preposition
burger detected

(((The Guardian)))

May is a right fat cunt now.

i enjoyed it, it's good foreshadowing of what's to come. yay!
he has been for a long time, he just had a haircut so it's more noticeable

Why is Hammond so perfect lads?

>Richard "literally invincible" Hammond
he's unstoppable

Because he's American

Pretty good, I just wish the tent bits weren't 100% scripted. I would be fine with 80% scripted like old top gear but this is just too much.

>the guardian
I am not surprised.
They won't be satisfied until the cast of every show is nothing but "divers" women and trans people of colour including handicapped ones reminding you that they are actually gay. And in the case of a car show, it would have to feature nothing but self-driving electrics.

>80% scripted

lol no

women's rights were a mistake

PEAK
PERFORMANCE
HAmmond is so good at penetratig air thanks to his shame, small size and light weight, he C A N N O T die in a crash as he'll always fly off the car and land safely.

>the goodgoydian

n i c e

>I HAD YERKSHER PUDDIN
celebrity bit was actually good

Of course it's sexist, not only is it hosted by nothing but males, it's hosted by the absolute worst kind of males : straight hwite males
pretty problematic 2bh

yeah but it's in the characters it's what make them funny

>sexist characters are funny
literally rape culture apology right there
[spoiler]this is what Guardian columnists actually believe[/ohwait]

don't joke about it people don't even get second degree humor anymore

I wanted more explanations on what happened.

How do you crash the after the finishing line? Was the next corner too close after the finishing line or did Hammond made a mistake by not braking right away?

He successfully compensates for his shortness. He's the manlet that learned.

The learning process wasn't easy though.
There had been some pretty bad case of novelty jackets and shirts in the middle of Top Gear's run, and hair too.
Though that might have more to do with him then trying to be 28 forever.

There's also the motorcycle thing, and Ford fetish.

>Hammond's crash was after the finish line
What was he thinking, I mean it looks like he was still racing.

The lad makes a 500 look like a midsize.

I thought that too, obviously it's hard to tell with an electric car but it looked like he was still accelerating after the finish line pretty hard.

Also overall I thought it was okay, felt like a middle of the road top gear episode from season 15-20 or so, nothing crazy but I didn't hate any parts and there were a few good laughs and some cool cars.

>its a groundhog day episode

To be honest, the nu-500 is pigfat in its own way.

>tfw you will never take a nap in Hammond's hair

Just started it now, watching hammond drive around in the Rimac concept one is like watching the titanic knowing it's going to sink, or watching Lincoln knowing he's going to be assassinated. Side note, I enjoy this show. Now that Top Gear is shit, they seemed to have figured out GT after the first half of last season.

I hadn't paid much attention to the news about that so I forgot what car he was driving. As soon as they switched to that obvious cell phone footage I was like oh no.

Also props to the guy who recorded that, probably some of the best quality cell phone videos i've ever seen.

I wonder how much grand tour paid that guy to have rights to the video

Leave it to Clarkson to make me cringe by fucking up a fantastic car

Heavy yes, but still small by modern standards.

kek'd at this, especially the tyre

Who gives a fuck? It's insured and it's not like they aren't making them anymore

>There's also the motorcycle thing
>compensating
Nope, motorcycles are just good.

T. wish i was shorter so I didn't look like an ape on a sportsbike

It's just a lambo.

I hope he wrecks more of those garbage things

>it will be like old top gear

How far old are you talking? Did everyone conveniently forget how terrible TG was for the last several seasons with the trio?

Can they can the celebrity shit. TGT should essentially just be old TG challenges.

Back off bitch, he's mine.

Hammond is getting a bit fat.

They’re all looking a little more rotund recently.

i loved it.

felt like old 2002-2015 top gear
So what? They are not on TV anymore they dont need filler, i dont mind the celeb bits either way.

l liked jay leno's, odd that he got a mediocre lap time though

I agree with your thoughts overall, some bits felt a bit too scripted but overall much better than season 1.

It's just that hammong really seems to be the only one who cares much and actively tried not to look too old.
Jeremy being fat became a joke about halfway through TG, James being old since his first appearence when he wasn't even old.

What the fuck did they do to my waifu

He looks so much fatter and older

How to spot a redditor:

>Muh trio
>Muh "chemistry"
>You can't replace the CMH feel
>Old Top Gear was consistently amazing and never got at all overdone and overly scripted with lame shit humour and tired "gags"
>New Top Gear is shit. No I haven't watched it, I don't need to cos I know its shit lmao muh chemistry. Who the fuck is Chris Harris?

nice try BBC, Neo Top Gear is actual garbage.

They're car journalists. Their job is to drive them to death to find out if they're any good.
The part of Top Gear you never saw was Jezza driving the car round the test track for hours and using it out on the road as his daily driving it to destruction to give it a proper review.
Say what you want about them but all 3 started as genuine car journalists and that's their job.

Anyway the tl;dr is they don't give a fuck about damaging cars. Give them an exotic and they'll smash it to pieces and have fun all the way. When you review that many cars and get paid to dick about with them on tv but aren't allowed to keep them afterwards you start seeing them as disposable.

Harris genuinely does care about cars. His films and when he gets talking have that same awesome comfy feel that old top gear had when the lads were just chatting shit on the sofa about cars, and not rolling reliant robins off cliffs onto caravans full of glycerine by "accident" oh-ho-ho what japes.

Rory seems pretty forgettable, I don't know if he likes crazy childish cars or is playing a zany character.

Matt is a bit damp but also seems genuinely into what he talks about.

Neo Top Gear has potential when they aren't trying to emulate the whacky zany shit that they thought made Old Top Gear popular. (it wasn't, it was the 3 blokes chatting shit about cars because they were genuinely passionate and goofing off, not the scripted bullshit)

That was so unfunny and boring that I'm not going to bother with the rest of the season, sans maybe the Lada bit.

what else is new? you going to complain aout the show being scripted in general?