Don't ever use credit cards because they are a huge scam

>Don't ever use credit cards because they are a huge scam
>tfw want to buy new car but don't want to get dicked by 12% interest rate because no credit history lol

What do? Just take the dick like everybody else?
>inb4 buy 3k civic
No, I'm tired of driving shitboxes all the time, I want something new for once

no, don't do it, just get a better shitbox

t. financed a car, paid it off, got bored literally days after fully owning it and sold it for a shitbox that's 10 times more fun

What the fuck is the issue? Find whatever new car you want, and go pay for it in cash

>inb4 poorfag

It's pretty comfy owning a house and car sub 25. Maybe you shouldn't have been a hippie little conspiracy shit. I had a shitty credit card when I was 16, I indeed considered them a scam because mine had a $40 a year fee which felt like a lot at the time. Only paid it once and got a real credit card, and I know this is really hard to understand - but practiced some self control, and just paid it off in full every month. Never paid a cent of interest and I ended up with a 800 credit score. But it's ok, other people on the internet will tell you they're scams, oh and hey they're tracking devices too... that will work

But what if I'm trying to grab something new and fun. Wanted a Focus RS but its a pretty big dick to take, might just settle for an ST

>never use credit cards because no self control or understanding of credit system
>whine when you get shafted for no credit history

How fucking hard is it to get a card, use it for gas and groceries, and pay the balance every month? Learn to act like a fucking adult and you won't have these problems. Not that I'd ever take out a loan for a car again but to shoot your credit score in the foot because you just have to be a contrarian asshole is fucking retarded.

No matter what it is you are buying 12% is a big throbbing barbed tentacle dick.

You have done so well your whole life and now you are falling for the credit meme.

I have never used a credit card my whole life and I am 30. The only time it has ever been a problem is trying to rent a car in a foreign country. But you can find some companies, even large ones like eurocargo, that will take a safety deposit.

what is paying off early
what is equity

Hmm dunno because credit is a scam. So are banks, houses, cars, and everything else for that matter

The only way to live up to 30 without credit is by living in your mom's basement.

>implying someone who has no credit card and thus cannot just buy a thing whenever he wants has no self control
>implying someone who has no credit card and thus must keep control of a suitable pool of money is not an adult
Nice one.

This guy is okay tho.
Credit is debt. And debt can fuck right off.
It's just not nescessary at all.

then wait until you can find a used one for less
they're not exceedingly rare or special cars, there's really no reason to buy one new.

I have never had need for one. I have had a debit card the whole time though so it's not like I walk around with much more than $80 most of the time.

Left my family's basement at 18.

The alternative is renting, which shits think is a proper solution. You think this because your credit is shit which is your own fault, and you're looking at 12%. Any non-loser would be looking at 4%. You pay 4% to own, that's of course if you pay the minimum payment which non-losers won't do. Meanwhile you rent and throw away 100% each month. But it's ok, go find some fake news article about how a kitchen remodel in san franciso would cost "$120K", you can find other losers to agree with you, that makes it ok

Stop being a retarded millennial faggot and get a credit card. Yes, it's going to be shit, but you can't expect anything good when you have no history to go off of. My first credit card had a $300 limit that I had to pay a $300 security deposit on up-front. Interest rate was garbage. But, you know what I did? I was responsible and paid it off every month, and 15 years later I have an 835 credit score and all the creditors fight for the right to suck my dick when I go out and decide to buy another house or car.

TL;DR go get a credit card and don't be a retard with it, build credit history, buy whatever you want freely

This.

I inherited a newish Prado and I hated it so I sold it

Spoiler alert: this is literally how you get into actual debt and are still renting at 40.

Jokes on u I also inherited my house/land

make sure you don't sell it for nothing like the car. Thread over, wait a few weeks, hope everyone forgets, and post it again to get the wrong answer you're looking for

And opting to fuck your credit because "its a scam" is the hallmark of adult behavior.

My first card had a $2k limit that is now $3k.

>credit cards
>huge scam
maybe if you're too poor to pay off the balance before you get fucked by interest. otherwise, considering the incentives for using credit, you'd have to be absolutely stone-cold retarded not to.

Get one with 5% cash back and use it as a debit card. Pay it off in full every month and they can't jew you with interest. You get extra money to buy shit with on Amazon or whatever, you build your credit score, and all you have to do is not be a fuckwit and don't miss a payment. I got a student card with a stupid high interest rate and $500 limit when I started college 3 years ago and paid it off in full each month and did nothing else to build credit. Started with like a 610, I'm up to 770 now. If my credit keeps going up at the current rate, I should be 800+ in a year or year and a half. Limit has increased to like $3.5k. It's so simple, and ive probably gotten over $400 in cash back shit that I would have never gotten without a credit card

Buy the car with money, either cash, check or debit card. Don't lease like a faggot.

You're a fucking retard if you don't understand how credit cards can work to your advantage. You're not smart enough to get a good enough job to afford a nice car, you simply do not deserve it. Be condemned to shitboxes until your final breath

Dude, go to your bank or credit union, and tell them you want to sign up for a credit card, one with no monthly fees. Then, take that cred it card, and buy lunch and gas once a week with it. Pay off the bill every month, and then suddenly (in a few years) your credit score will be 790+ and you can finance anything you want for like

>Implying that you actually require a credit card to have credit history
You also get credit history if you
a. own a fucking savings account like a normal person
b. take out loans (loan sharks don't count)
c. have a debit card

also if you've ever rented ANYTHING over $500, then you also have credit history

You fucking autist just get a credit card but pay it off every month so you don't pay interest. I did that for 2 years and with no other credit history I'm 20 with a 754. Recently got a car loan from my bank for 4.something percent.

You literally don't understand how credit works. Take a note from the many anons blowing you tf out right now and did some research.
I have 3 credit cards and an 810 credit score and I've never been in debt even a penny once in my life.

why is that car eating a semi-deskinned hotdog without a bun?

The only time you ever need a credit card is when you are going to buy something you can't afford/don't want to drop all your money on. You know that 99% of the time it is can't afford.

op you're a fucking retard
credit cards are easy and only idiots get scammed
all you have to do is not spend more than you have
have cash to back up all the credit you use and then pay it off before accruing interest
you fucking moron

God damn you're retarded, you literally get incentives for using the card and if you pay it off immediately you'll never give the card company a cent. Fucking absolute mongoloids like yourself don't understand that though.

>cars are a scam

>something you can rebuild by hand is a scam
at that matter
>a line of credit is a scam

i hope ya'll stay poor for giving out that kind of advice

I had my father co-sign.

>30 years old
>rent a small 2 room apartment
>lease a small economy car
millionaire by 40

You get a loan, don't use your credit card to buy a car ever

Also a credit card is fine so long as you always pay before interest kicks in. If you are not capable of doing this, don't get a credit card. The only thing "worth" going into debt for is a house.

>I have never had a need for one
Almost all credit cards have 1% to 5% "cash back rewards" on any on-time payments you make. Assuming you pay off your statement balance every month, you'd have 1% to 5% more money at no expense to you.
You might not think that's a lot, but why wouldn't you do it? Assuming you use the card responsibly, the only downside is having to carry an additional 5 grams of plastic in your wallet.

I dunno man. I live outside of America and there are penalties just for using the card.

This

Cash back on every purchase would be nice.

Ask your parents or a close relative to be a co-signer until you establish credit. Once you to that you can drop them when you have a decent rating. Go over to Logix bank and apply for the 1% auto loan

I'm not op faggoted cunt

Is this whole don’t get a credit card thing basically a don’t let Goldstein get you /pol/ meme taken too far or some shit? Because even my own brother, whose a neck beard pollock, refuses to get a card higher than his $500 limit one mummy forced him to get right out of high school, let alone finance anything newer than his weebmobile he paid cash for. Keep telling him he’s going to get McFucked when it comes time to move out of mummy’s basement, but whatever not my problem, nigga ain’t moving in with me

Half of it is obviously tin foils and the other half are people in third world countires

No I can see it in a sense. I have three credit cards but I have the money to pay it off even before I buy stuff with it. I get about ~12% cash back with my credit card scheme.

>lmao be an adult
>indebt yourself to the capitalist jews
>lol be consumerist scum
Heh

How stupid are you?

>never used a credit card in my life
>always pay full cash everything
>realize the system doesn't know who I am, and would never be able to ask for a loan for a house, or a loan to start a business.
>get a credit card, buy everything in one payment
>pay it next month
>literally two months later get offers for loans and shit.

You have to be part of the system, if you ever want to get something nice that you'll never have the money all in once.

>be trailer trash
>got my shekel score high af
>still buy cars in cash
>tempted to buy a new focus st tho at 0%apr

hm looks like you want a "new" car
or something used under $15k past 2012?

For those of you who are against credit cards (seriously why) and want to build credit take out a small personal loan and buy parts to fix your shit box. Pay it off on time, repeat until credit is gud.

Being poor must suck

>if you ever want to get something nice that you'll never have the money all in once.

So basically a house or a new, too expensive car?

>be 24
>live on my own in a 3 story house
>have 4 cars
>no credit score whatsoever

Keep talkin shit, user

>just buy your groceries with this card goy
>i know you don't need to but it will help you to get a good credit rating
>you don't want a bad credit rating do you goy?

There's something seriously wrong with this....

>just use our car goy
>we'll give you 1-5% extra money!
Seriously seriously wrong!

>buying a shitty "hot" hatch
just a clean stock civic for 3k. and get a credit car. pay it off and build credit. In a year or 2 you can finance a nicer used car.

I will ask in this thread.

I am going to buy 10-15 year old shitbox as a first car. (Renault Clio mk2). What should I expect from it? We do not have snow, so cars do not rust...

Well once you figure it out and stop going off of /pol/-tier paranoia let us know.

buy a 1st gen twingo instead

>ITT: proof that financial literacy should be a required course at all levels of education

The only explanation I can think of is:
>usury is so lucrative banks are willing to give you free money to get their foot in your door whilst screening out undesirables

Needs to be banned tbqh...

Not everybody makes 20k a year my friend, some of us actually have well paying jobs and can afford to buy a new car every few years if we so choose

>credit cards are a huge scam
They prey on the weak-willed. Unlike some people, I've never paid a cent for a credit card

>tfw monthly bills are a little less than 2000
>tfw I make 80k a year
>tfw bought a brand new car and have a house that I built

>We do not have snow, so cars do not rust...

It's 26-30°c all year long here and all cars rust.

But! I had a Clio mark 1 as a first car and it was actually pretty good and almost problem free when it came to what matters. What I know of Clio MK2 is that you have to grease your hood latch every now and then and make sure it is functioning properly so you don't have to buy a new windshield and hood one day.

MK1 is clamshell so no problems there

This so much. Dumb teenagers in this thread I swear

I get 4% cash back on gas and groceries, 1% on everything else. Card gets paid off every month
All that money comes from dumb retards who can't use their cards properly

>rent
>millionaire by 40
lol no

I just buy shit I normally would buy and pay the whole balance before it's due . I have very good credit just buying shit online , I always have the cash on the side and just use a credit card to pay for it later to boost my score .

This right here, I do the same thing.... I put all of my expenses on credit card that I can then just pay it off at the end of the month. I have never paid a penny in intrest, I have made thousands in the %cash back rewards over several years.

Last vehicle I bought was a 38k truck at 2.5% intrest about 3 weeks ago. Then walked in a week later and cosigned for wife to buy a car for 18k so she can build her credit and not get screwed on intrest.

It takes some time to get to that point but control yourself and spend your money on things that serve you well. Always spend less than what you're raking in if possible and make sure you have money in the bank to pay off whatever debt you incur if you can.

Best way to do it. Pay it off every month and it's free money

This tbqh. It's cheaper to buy a 200,000 dollar house (or build it) than it is to rent a 600 dollar a month apartment for 25 years. Realistically buy a house as soon as possible and you'll save a few hundred thousand dollars over the rest of your life, most peoples rents in the city is like fucking 1200 a month or more too which is ridiculous for a tiny ass shitty apartment.

I'll be making good money in a month but I'm not there yet and need a car as putting anymore money in my current one would be retarded
Can I pay off my loan early so that I don't get dicked over by interest? I can get a loan for 4.5% which will only cost an extra 630 dollars on the car, but if I can pay it off early and not lose money for no reason I'd like to

make sure the loan you get doesn't have an early payoff fee. if it does then pay the minimum amount of months on the loan (usually 2 years to avoid fee) or find another loaner.

bought my car on a 2.99 percent line of credit from my bank. Builds credit both with the credit bureau and with bank so in the future if i need a mortgage, they will be more lenient with rates and such.

It is simple.
You don't buy shit you couldn't have bought without the credit card.

It exists as a tool to establish a good credit history, not as a tool to get endless money

Then you're fucked aren't you? The use of credit is a privilege for those of us who are willing to prove we are responsible and worth of such a rating.

Debit card does not build credit score.
Nobody will give you loans without ridiculous interest unless you have a good credit score. Surprise.

>Work as a Grease monkey
>Never had a credit card in my life
>Paid my house off in full
>Own it in Chicago ravenswood area
>Have four cars 2014 Prius, 07 corolla, 06 ford fuckedus, 92 previa
Seems like a scam in my book.

I'm eternally grateful to my parents that they asked me to get a card at like 13/14 or some shit and told me to use it like it's a debit card

just out of college and my score is already like 812

how much of a mouthbreather do you have to be to not see that you can use it without paying shit, and the interest rates are only for idiot tyrones who don't understand money?

My first loan was for a car and I got 7%apr for 24 months.
The apr was flat. But the term was based on the cars age. Older cars got less.
Credit union.

>ITT merchants try to convince goys that credit cards are the best things since sliced bread and absolutely necessary for anybody

>in your book
The one with the pruis?

Co-sign with your parents if they have good credit.

You don't own shit, not even in this nigger infested shithole

>falling for the usury jew

What are you even trying to argue

What's the fastest easiest way to get a credit card? Tired of borrowing money between paychecks.

Apply online.

If you're living paycheck to paycheck you might wanna take care of that situation first

>waaaah i want something new
>waaaah i can't save money so i'll just get fucked up the ass by the jews

Your bank/credit union will offer starter credit cards.
Just walk in.
I can't believe you're over 18 and not getting spammed with credit card offers tho.

Do not have any of them here.
>It's 26-30°c all year long here and all cars rust.
Well... Maybe I think so, because I moved from Moscow/Russia to a better county, with better climate.
By the way, in Russia, only Peugeots/Citroens and french Renaults didn't rusted. Other car rusted as a shit, especially Ladas.
Here, all cars looks good compared to there.
>But! I had a Clio mark 1 as a first car and it was actually pretty good and almost problem free
I think, that Clio mk2 is mk1, but with slightly different body to meet EuroNCAP.

Thanks!

Also we have here Peugeots 206 of the same age... But as I know, they have wiring issues, at least had in cold solty Russian climate. Or I am wrong?

dude, having good credit is better than having money.

> Don't use credit
> Don't have credit

And now you know why you're a retard. Credit makes the world go round and will save you money if you're not a nigger who lives beyond your means.

You're an idiot. Savings accounts and debit cards do not get reported to credit agencies. You fucking children should go take a finance class or something before making your stupid posts.

Get a low limit card, pay your bills with it, then pay the card. Never pay late. Wait a year, get a car loan.

Nah it's just ridiculously convenient.

I literally cannot pay certain companies I do business with unless I use a credit card since they don't take checks and they don't do wires.

Not to mention it's convenient as fuck to never have to withdraw cash.

Good luck eventually buying a house though

People have realized you can just word your post like the jews want you to do what you're doing and people might think it's an argument

>things that didn't happen