What's the BEST and the WORST brand(s) according to you and why?

What's the BEST and the WORST brand(s) according to you and why?

Best brands are objectively the European ones, and I'd say BMW is tops. Well-built, reliable, and fantastic handling without sacrificing ride quality.

Worst ones have to be amerilard """companies""". They've all gone bankrupt at some point because they created shitty cars that nobody wanted.

Wow! is that an A3?

Pretty much this but I believe that there are some decent American cars too.

Best and worst at what?

Just based on my own experience, what I see for sale, general condition of stuff and such it seems that most japanese stuff and Mercs fare the best in terms of long-term reliability

Looking at statistics the japs come the best out, closely followed by the koreans who have improved alot in the past few years

I've never been a fan of french cars, and there is a reason why there aren't that many for sale when you look at ones starting to get close to ten years, and why they're typically quite cheap

I like to shop more by model and not by brand, but as a general thing I won't buy Renault, Citroen or Peugeot, while preferring Toyota and Mercedes

Best - Kia
>once made the shittiest of the shittiest cars but now they are top of quality
>once were unreliable but now they are one of the best or the best reliable cars
>feature-rich cars for a lesser money
>constantly improving on one thing people want, quality

Worst - GM
>anything they make are objectively the shittiest
>worst plastics everywhere in their cars
>Cadillac "luxury" is just some leather carelessly sticked to some parts in their cars.
>boring cars

For me it is Dodge, the best brand.

>kia
>top of quality

>What's the BEST and the WORST brand(s) according to you and why?
I'd say the best brand these days is Porsche, but if I were a rich man I'd be pissed off that all the brands make tacky ""coupe"" SUVs and other tasteless crap for tasteless people.
As a kid I used to love Mercedes Benz, but I can't defend the shit they make.
The worst, objectively speaking will be some Chinese, Indian or Indonesian brand, but they're not sold here so who cares.

Best: Porsche. Uncompromising performance/driver's cars, heritage, and less selling out than the other reputable German brands.

Worst- excluding the various Asian deathtrap vehicle makers:
Group: FCA
Marque: Fiat
Seller of the most unreliable US-market car.

Worst is Far and away Chrysler, no question.
Some of the worst gaudy designs ever. PT cruiser, mid 2000s 300, Crossfire, Fiat500, 2000s Plymouth - all are absolutely tasteless. Reliability is a joke. Any jeeps besides the wrangler are uncomfortable overpriced and break down left and right. I do not know much about RAM so i wont speak to it, but I find Ford, and Chevy more aesthetic (i don't know much about trucks) I hear the cummings was good. The charger/challenger are ok - but have a lot of pigfat to be considered real sports cars, and they look plastic. Negros and wetbacks flock to chrysler- I live in AZ Mexicans love fiat 500s, 300s, darts, and grand caravans, blacks love darts, 300s and challengers - that is proof enough of Chrysler's quality.. Fiat 500 xl or whatever is disgusting to look at and disgusting to drive. I cannot think of a single good product they have put out in the last 10 years. disgrace to american motors, and their history.

Best Brand is easily VAG. Bugatti although stupid looking was the fastest production car for a while. Porsche is a competitive f1 team, and makes arguably the best mass produced sports cars. Bently, and lambo, consistently set the standard for ultra luxury and exotic cars. Audi manages to capture what Mercedes used to be, refined, conservative, luxury performance. Now Merc is a new money tasteless brand that panders to people who go into debt to maintain image, same with BMW - uninspired, and pandering to new money. Volks is the affordable yet refined mark for people who want economy but also like to have a good driving car, unlike Japanese, and american equivalents which generally cant corner for shit, feel cheap, and have lousy acceleration. VAG have designed some of the most iconic vehicles of all time: bus, bug, sport quattro, gti, Veyron, 911, etc. etc. In terms of performance, racing heritage, scope of production, influence, build quality, and personality VAG is the greatest auto manufacturer.

>tfw I own a 15 year old Peugeot with decent mileage and it's great
>tfw my 626 Mazda ate parts at an astonishing rate and cost me twice what I paid for it

Most of the cars you listed there are Daimler builds you realise?

Best: I gotta say overall, Honda. Cheap, reliable, good styling inside and out, and they’re only getting better (I’m in love with the new Accords and Civic Hatchbacks).

Worst: Nissan. They’re hands down the most boring cars out right now. Uninspiring designs, no innovation as of late, and there are no fun cars out anymore (no, the 370z and GT-R do not count.)

Best: Lexus, Ford
Worst: GM, Chinese brands

Honda is objectively the worst large automaker for refusing to admit their FF-only (barring halo cars) layout is compromised in terms of performance.

>Worst: Chinese brands
Heh, this, brands like Great Wall and Chery are fucking awful.

The additional fact that their only formats are I4 and V6 notwithstanding.

>least reliable car in butgerstan
What would that be? Fiat 500L auto, right?

Best: Toyota, Honda.
Worst: Anything GM, Chrysler.

No even
>muh abarth is infamously unreliable.

They sold these piece of shit Mazda ripoffs for like 3 years, most of them are 8 years old top and dilapidated as fuck, I don't know what kind of pot metal they're made of, but the paint is shit, the plastics are shit, everything about them is cheap. My mom made the mistake of buying one in 2011 because "Chinese products are just as good nowadays, they're like Japanese cars in the 70s" but she dumped the car and bought a real Mazda this year.

I dislike the looks of the vag inal club. I can sleep just by looking at one audi

>Porsche
>F1

Yeah the Great Walls are essentially Mitsubishi copies but jeez, I've worked on a few and I wouldn't own one with stolen money.

Weeb Faggot detected

Best
>Toyota
>Honda

always have made good vehicles

worst
>Ford
>Subaru
>Audi
>BMW

-Ford ruined countless manufacturers like Mazda, Jaguar, etc when they owned them and Ford makes plenty of fucked up ideas like 2 piece spark plugs

-Subaru Boxer engines are complete fucking junk, non Boxer engine like Pleo, Sambar, Justy etc are good but Boxers are a junk design

-BMW and Audi are electrical overengineered nightmares

WHERE IS MAZDA RANKED? ARE THEY GOOD CARS?
Capslock for attention. Been looking at high trim Mazda3's and Mazda6's and wanted to know if they're decent cars

I don't know about modern Ram shit but my 2002 Dodge Ram has 190k miles on it and it's still going strong, have only had to put a new exhaust and new battery in it. AC crapped out many years ago.

the actual Japanese ones are fine, the shit with Ford junk parts on them like Mazda Tribute, Mazdaspeed6, etc are shit

no front end parts? when i was a tech i remember pretty much every Dodge Ram or Ford Econoline van that came in you could expect to be putting a couple balljoints or tie rods in them

Like- Audi/VW
Dislike - Honda and Mazda
Honorable Mention - Tesla (if I had the money)

I've owned a Toyota continuously for the last 15 years and have yet to have a moment where I go "Wow, I would like to meet the engineer that designed that clusterfuck", which I have done with almost every other brand. Yes they're bland and conservative but they stick to what works. 10/10 reliability.

Ignoring Stinger memeposting, what do you guys really think of Kia/Hyundai/Genesis?
As far as things like general build quality, reliability, features/specs, customer service, and the works, where have they gotten themselves lately?

they were basically disposable cars until around 2005 when they blatantly copied the Japanese and got to where they are today. i would own a old shitty Elantra or whatever for an A to B car but for $50k between a Genesis sedan or a Lexus sedan i know im going Lexus

>best
Porsche
BMW
Tesla

>worst
GM
FCA
anything Chinese
Mitsubishi

>Kia
getta loada this guy hahahahahahaaaa!!!

Difference between a 50k Lexus and a 50k genesis is a camry with nice leather and a rwd full sized sedan that doesn't share its platform with a shitbox anda suspension done by lotus

If there were affordable cosmetic kits that covered the ugly Lexus grille I would get the Lexus too

>Tesla

All they have to do is just drop the single tablet display. It's ugly and feels weird.

Best: skoda if we count value for money and excluding all the hobo brands like dacia and lada
Worst has got to be Smart? There are honestly so many bad car brands and they all made at least one good car but Smart? The roadster maybe and they're not even cheap, otherwise mitsuoka

Best = Toyota
>reliable
>good resale value
>Lexus is beating the krauts at their own game, hell, when they launched the germs got so butthurt they tried to get the govt. to hit them for loss leadering, as if that is even illegal to begin with. kek.
>most kino sports cars, MR2, Supra, 86, celica gt-four
>trucks that see real world use in wars all over the world, Hillux/Tacoma = the AK47 of vehicles
>honest economy cars that do not try to convince you they are something they are not, they are cheap econoboxes and that it

Worst = Fiat Chrysler
>the customer satisfaction ratings speak for themselves
>unreliable

>lexus is beating krauts at their own game
Yeah because the underpowered 4000 lbs RC F completely destroys Porsche 911 and M4 lol

You get just as much car/features for less money. There is more to being a luxury brand than muh burburgring time meme.

Oh yeah because Becuase Porsche and Lexus are really targeting the same base, oh wait, theyre not.
Lexus - luxury sport sedans
Porsche - for autistic nurburg fags who want a fast beetle

Lexus can't into performance.
>inb4 muh lfa
Special/limited models don't count.

>Sport

???????????????????????????

nice SEDAN, oh wait....

>Lexus builds best luxury sports sedans
Name one lexus that can actually compete with E63S, C63S, BMW M5, BMW M3, Panamera Turbo S, Audi RS7.

wen car die i jus buy nother 1 is hokay

Why does the Kia's interior look way better? I thought Audi was supposed to be a luxury brand, what happened?

Stinger is supposed to compete with Audi A5.
Audi A3 is 2 classes below that, you can buy a new a3 for about 20k

Finally, a correct response.

I have a 2017 and love it. Obviously too early to tell for reliability.

>good
mazda
ford recently
old honda
britshit

>bad
toyota
GM
gookshit
new honda
anything europeon
pastamobiles, including chrysler

Worst - Kia (or daewoo if they still exist), Lada, VW

Best - BMW and GM (and old pre ford mazda)

>best
preford volvo
lancia
saab
porsche
pre-2005 mitsubishi

>worst
chevy
ford
fiat
alfa
audi

Best: Nissan pre-2001. Easy as shit to fix and generally reliable.

Worst: Audi. Everything fucking breaks. All the time. Plastic all over the place.

>Good
GM
Ford
Toyota

>Meh
Hyundai
Volkswagen
Honda
Nissan

>Shit
Tesla
BMW
Fiat / Chrysler

>Known for luxury sport sedans
I didn't claim it was a sedan, I was disagreeing with the what Lexus are known for bit, because where I live they're know for building expensive Toyotas that nobody buys and the IS250.

Daewoo still exist, still building bottom of the barrel rubbish for GM, only the Chinese stuff is worse.

>best
Ford, Honda, Mazda, Subaru

>worst
Anything Korean

>most inconvenient
German

>worst
every single american brand
>better
literally everything else

This thread is living proof that Veeky Forums is just salty poorfags driving miled up 4 and 6 cylinder civics and miatas and are jealous of other normal men their age buying V8 American made trucks and SUVs.

>best
VAG
Mercedes
BMW

>worst
Chevy
Ford
Fiat / Chrysler

Heh, I'm poor and driving a miled up I4 diesel but I'm not salty, I'd love to have a 51 3rd of 4th gen Bronco but Straya.

>best
Porsche, easily.

>worst
FCA. It's like merging the world's shittiest brands together made them stronger yet just as awful.

Mentioning Chinese brands is just cheating here.

Best brands are objectively the Japanese ones, and I'd say Lexus is tops. Well-built, reliable, and fantastic handling without sacrificing ride quality.

Worst ones have to be Eurolard """companies""". They've all gone bankrupt at some point because they created shitty cars that nobody wanted.

>vag
>dieselgate
>best

kek

This
Americans are fat, stupid, and don't know how to build cars

Best:Ford,Jeep
Worst:Chevy/GM

American only. Obviously.

Best brands are reliable Japanese brands, followed by ero luxury. You are a mindless fanboy if you think BMW is reliable though

>reliable
>BMW

This meme needs to stop. BMWs are not reliable vehicles after 20,000 miles.

Mercedes will ALWAYS be a cut above the rest of the Germans. They're the only luxury marque that hasn't been completely usurped by literal niggers, and still retains a loyal rich white following.

I don't want to wax all /pol/itical, but there's something to be said for a brand that generally stays true to its roots. BMW is a joke these days, majority of what they sell are base model commuter cars for insecure asians. Then there's all the stupid poorfags on this board who buy used 10 year old 3-series shitboxes, but they're not counted in new sales.

This fucking bait...

Chrysler and Hyundai/KIA take the grand prize for worst fucking automakers. Of course, we're not counting shit like Tata.

>Best: Jeep

I bet you unironically believe this too.

Your list is somewhat subjective, but Subarus are garbage. They always have been. Their engines are gutless shit, their interiors suck, styling has always been incredibly lesbianic, they rust out, depreciate horribly, and their most iconic patrons (dykes, swaggots) are reviled by just about everyone in decent society.

Subaru is a fucking trash brand anymore, along with Shitsubishi.

Mazda still does their own thing which is admirable - they're about having fun but also making a decent vehicle. Ford is always about fun and they do it quite well, not to mention their trucks and Mustangs look great.

Honda is really slipping. They're riding on brand loyalty, but their offerings these days are pretty bland. That's their staple, I suppose, but with costs rising on everything I don't think people will be choosing Civics over Mazda3s for much longer.

It goes without saying that Toyota is obviously the best brand of them all for innumerable reasons. To even attempt to suggest otherwise is to undoubtedly affirm your homosexuality forever.

>They've all gone bankrupt

unlike the burgerclap makers who didn't need literally billions in taxpayer money just to keep union slugs employed

Might have to agree with this.

While Ford may not make the most reliable cars out there, I'll give them credit... They know how to make fun cars.

And Toyota makes the most fun reliable shit boxes too.

Honerable mentions for Best: pre 2010 Honda, and pre Ford-Volvo.
Honorable mentions for worst: any FCA product (The Jeep GC SRT and Challenger Hellcat is pretty dope though)

toyota is objectively the best due to facts and track record of bulletproof reliability, namely lexus.
german cars are cups of steaming hot over-engineered poop

No they don't, it is gm korea now and they sell chebbys

I bought a 2013 Soul a couple months ago. I needed something decently roomy for work, and it had the best combination of cheapness, roominess, fuel economy, and reliability (from what I read). So far I've put about 10,000km on it and am coming up to the 100k mark, and it's been flawless. Kia gets shit on a lot, but for what you pay, you actually get a pretty great vehicle, with quite a lot of features. The only gripe I have with it is the electronic throttle and the hill start assist. You don't get much feedback through the pedals. But other than that I'm happy with it. I intend to put at least 300,000km on it, so I'm not sure what long term reliability will be like, but for now I don't regret buying it at all.

>You no buy our car?
>Hey-a, we charge-da money but you no get-da car!

Thanks for agreeing with me without even realising it.
>Thinks a name change changes a company

The best brands are the ones who invest more into alternative energy powered cars, and the worst ones are the ones who invest less into alternative energy powered cars, because fossil fuels are more damaging to the planet than other forms of energy. There are other factors to consider, but this is the greatest one.

At 53 miles, the Volt has the longest electric range of any plug-in parallel hybrid.

At 238 miles, the Bolt has the longest electric range of any plug-in electric vehicle under $40,000.

best in no perticular order but my favorites closer to the top which has no impact on their actual quality super top company list:
>Toyota
Makes bulletproof cars. Make fun tiny little awd turbo nuggets and cars that can break 1k hp on stock engine with change of sparkplugs, not to mention midengined supercar for the masses and entire brand dedicated to RWD cars
>Mazda
Rotary, miata, 1.8l v6. Their regular cars are kinda good as well, kinda like toyota but less selection of amazing cars.
>Honda
Makes top tier FF cars, when they make rwd its amazing too
>subaru and mitsu
ok.
>ferd
>dodge
just for the viper.
>nissan
its dead now but has some nice stuff
>renault
fucking mr twingo and alpina a110 for 50k
>bmw
rwd car that is avarage at everything for bout tree fiddy? Yeah its good.
>Merc
de facto midrange luxury brand
>seat, skoda
reasonably priced reasonable cars and seats hot hatches tear shit up
>plymouth
fukin cuda mon

the meh
>GM
needs bailout every 5 minutes, kills potentially great cars to save the memvette which will never be be in the same tier as euro sports cars no matter how much chrome boomers slap on it
>korean cars
I mean its looking up.

the shit tier
>peugeot
jfc how bad but nobody is pretending they're gods gift to mankind
>audi
dirt cheap rebadged vw for retards. All they're good for is audisteering off a cliff. Driven by retards who moved over from bmw. Retarded euro inbred gopniks thinking their 300 eur turd from 10 years ago is worth the effort to scrap it. AWD system a shit, ridiculous amount of electronic assists, 0 fucking reliability, musclecars outhandle it. Perfect for drag racing since lolcantturn, fwd and engine ahead of front axle
Only notable for r8 whcih is kinda good supercar for poorfags and the engine in rs2 which is euro 1jz
Any good car is forever ruined by braindead retards driving the old ones and pretending they're new money. Little do they know we all know his 2010 quattro cost only 500 eur

Different cars and manufacturers carry different attributes that can be convenient situationally.

>>bmw
>rwd car that is avarage at everything for bout tree fiddy? Yeah its good.
I meant good at everything. In stock avarage.
I used to hate bmw cause the retards were ruining everything but now they fucked off to audi and fucked off from the street meets into their own parking lots and bmw is in good graces again.
Best race/drift car base in europe for enthusiast on a budget. I never want to own one tho unless its a z

see

sc400, LFA, ISF, the new performance models I don't keep track of, IS200 they're all great. Brand that proves you can make a luxury car and make it last million miles. Lexus is like non flashy bmw/merc

So according to Veeky Forums the best cars and brands are the cars who require the least maintenance and which are the cheapest to buy.
I thought this is a car enthusiast board but it's just full of nothing but normie poorfags.

>Lexus is like non flashy bmw/merc
And lexus should stay non flashy because they are slow overweight autotragic grandma cars.

Damn it you are right. We should all be driving Alfa Romeos.

just fire the current Toyota design team and yes, Toyota is #1

this, I just bought a car (subaru legacy, inb4 yob or reckless dumbass) and had 4 friends telling me to go euro at a 7k budget.

How expensive is the maintenance on it, really? I'v only seen complaints on constant breakdowns and had one friend who's beemer spent more time in the shop than on the road.

he works for (((kia)))

Top kek
A new A3 STARTS at $32k

it starts at 24k euros.

>euros
I literally used a dollar sign, you donut