Should I get a Tundra or an F150...

Should I get a Tundra or an F150? I know the Tundra is more reliable but the F150 can haul more and go faster and considered to be a cooler truck. So basically, should I go for reliability or performance and respect?

f150 is better equipped and feels better to drive/is nicer
just go test drive them?

I know but the Tundra is more reliable so it makes me wonder if I should go for what looks nicer or for what is more reliable.

Tundra if you want to keep it for 10 years and then sell it. F150 if you're leasing or getting a new truck every 4 years. Ford always has 2 year lease specials and shit.

are you buying new?
then ford if you can afford some of the bells+whistles

Both will be equally reliable for the first 2-4 years. It's usually after that when things can go to shit.

F250, RAM or Silverado

>Both will be equally reliable for the first 2-4 years

Doubtful. Every F150 I've owned has suffered from recalls, TSBs, or just general breaking/failing of shit that absolutely shouldn't fail. Fucking u-joints gave out on my prop shaft after 22,000km. What the fuck is that all about?

There's a reason they can sell an F150 so much cheaper, and it's not about volume. They're just made cheaper.

Are you seriously recommending he buy a fucking FCA product? Kill yourself.

You should go for reliability, the Tundra is your truck.

The only think it lacks in the bells and whistle department that the Ford has are things that would be considered retarded on a half ton pickup.

Only upsides I can give the Ford is that it has a better tow capacity, and it's lighter. The 3.5L Ecoshart gives decent fuel mileage as well.

And this might be an opinion on form, if you option for a crewcab, the F150 much smaller than that of the Tundra, which in my opinion looks better than the Tundra's goofy big crewmax. You'd get all the space you'd ever need in the F150's anyway.

And let's not forget that you get excellent resale value for your Tundra when you had enough with it, especially if you get a Platinum or 1794 trim.

Get a raptor

Arent those $70,000?

They're not even in the same class. The f150 is a complete shitbox compared to the tunny.

Tundra 100%
The TRD sport looks pretty nice.

Second this about the F150 but even though FCA a shit, RAM 2500 and 3500 trucks are actually quite good.
>2017
>buying a 1/2 ton truck
1/2 tons in this day and age are nothing more than a glorified suv with an open cargo space

OP should stop being a cock sucking faggot, but he'll end with the Ford anyway

f150 with the 5 oh

Just get an old f150 or c/k1500. Why would you pay such an obscene amount for a utility vehicle with retarded features? It'll be more reliable than either of them in 10 years

This guy gets it

that dude seriously recommended a ram. Shameful. You only get those with the Cummins for towing

Toyota trucks are hit and miss when it comes to recalls, as are most cars.

>old f150 or c/k1500

Both of those are ridiculous choices unless it's a shitbox you're going to park 10 months of the year and only take out the odd time for some lumber or soil.

I really don't know where this meme came from about "old American reliability". Pre-1994 Fords had a host of problems related to the general manufacturing limitations and mechanical hindrances of their time. After that, quality just started going downhill as people started buying them for family vehicles. Increased volume meant decreased price, which then meant decreased quality. Not to mention union slugs demanding more and more money, which equates to less for R&D/parts.

If you care about the “respect” you get from people over the reliability over another truck, you deserve the maintenace issues that come from your poor decision

I bought my 13' F150 Platinum used about 2 years ago. No problems with the 6.2L V8, except for the fuel economy, which is expected. I'd never buy a Toyota truck just because of the name and the truck itself is so fucking old. Look at the interior. The new Titan XDs are nice non-domestics, though.

I'd take a look at the 14+ Silverados/Sierras. I'll probably be trading my 13' F150 in for a 14' High Country with the 6.2L mostly because of the fuel economy.

Ford Pros:
+NAME
+The F150 is the most domestic truck is the market today
+Better looks
+Better frame
+Haul/Tow more

Toyota Pros:
+Reliability
+Price

You are a fucking moron

Pickup drivers generally are, user.

A moron with a truck worth more than anything you own. Funny how that works. Post up a picture of your f150 or Tundra so your opinion can be validated.

True
Nigga I make over 120k a year and only work 6 months. I pay cash for all my toys lol
Go be buttblasted somewhere else Cletus

How am I a fucking moron?

F150 is just as reliable if you get the 5.0

Im not taking sides here but atleast tell us why he is a moron? Jeez, you idiots get dumber by the day

No it isn't. Trucks have a lot of parts aside from the engine. When you actually own one you'll understand.

Ford trucks are disposable. American cars in general are disposable pieces of junk, their engines are the best part - everything else - literally everything else is nigger rigged shit.

I want to support American cars considering I live in the USA but the big 3 are corrupt shitty companies that have no business even existing anymore.

Who cares about supporting them just because you're American. They don't respect you enough as a consumer to make a decent product for you, so why the fuck should you care about them?

I don't give a shit about the guy who works in the plant, because he doesn't give a shit about me. He only pays my company because we provide a service that he NEEDS. If his company doesn't provide anything I need (I absolutely do not need a shitty unreliable car), then he can suck a lemon and find another job.

>he thinks nips care about him

Exactly, once I realized that it was kind of like a slap to the face but seriously, fuck these greedy cocksucking corporations - they are pure evil. Don't even get me started on the plant workers, they are like a fucking cult.

Makes me sad, but honestly even if the big 3 combined all their resources they still couldn't make half the car that Toyota does.

They care enough to not make shit nigger cars. Now go to your nigger engineered detroit jalopy.

What company do you prefer?

Anything but ford, gm, fca, nissan. I would trust Hyundai or Kia before those companies.

ITT: weebs defend their hunks of shit covered in anime stickers

ITT: Flyover trailer trash that cannot afford good trucks

Funny how the Japanese beat the nigs in Detroit at trucks too.

Half the faggots who buy those goddamn stickers drive a Ford Focus or a Chevy Cruze.

Stay butthurt. Shouldn't be hard, the bus has those hard plastic seats.

My Toyota has D&D stickers. Am I cool?

Toyota trucks perform amazingly and are used around the world. Ford trucks are used by trashy people in the USA, or by companies who need disposable trucks. Real Americans do not buy from welfare receiving corporations.

A real enthusiast would never even consider Ford or GM trash, those companies go against everything good that is automotive related.

>Toyota trucks perform amazingly

Mine performs amazingly :)

Well Hyundai or Kia don't make trucks.

The best part about this thread is that the most American vehicles are actually made by Japanese companies (Toyota Camry & Sienna).

Even the Tundra is made right in Texas on a huge plot of land they bought to ensure they could expand when the trucks got more popular. They honestly want to produce the trucks in America, not only because it's good for branding, but because it's more cost-effective.

Well, unless cancerous unions get in there and fuck it all up. They're trying to do that in Canada right now, I'm hopeful Toyota fights them off. Moneygrubbing kikes.

So you're cool with my D&D stickers?

So you drive a ridgeline? This is about trucks.

I don't get what you're trying to show us here? The Super Duty trucks require an entire body removal just to change the head gaskets.

Yea, almost all trucks are made in the US. People criticizing 'USA made trucks' have no clue what they're talking about.

The difference is in how they're made. Toyota has strictier QC regulations and more money to spend on engineering and parts. Their trucks are therefore made better, all else being equal.

But the fact that they don't employ niggers who smoke weed and get drunk on their lunch, then go back on the line to assemble Tundras...well it just adds to the build quality. If there's ever a choice between having a crunk nigger putting your suspension together or a sober Mexican...I'd take the sober Mexican.

>everyone thinking you're a hick, apart from other hicks
>"""""""""""respect"""""""""""""

>sober mexican
topkek

I can cherrypick more junk f150 and gm cancer than toyota. Kill yourself you paint huffing trailer rodent.

Yeah too bad flyover trash cant into thinking rationally.

>implying that's impressive