Cringe thread

Saw a "Dont touch what you can't afford" sticker on a base model CLA today.

>CHEAP
>LOW END
>AUTO

$32000 for a 200 hp grocery getter shitbox just to be pretentious.

Im pretty sure the car was made by Renault and just has a Mercedes body and badge.
>pay $30k+ for a rebadged Renault.
I hope this is not true

>tfw you just want to give it all up and scrap her
I know that feel...

>abandoning your car waifu instead of taking responsability and fixing her
coward

CLA is a nice comfy daily

the hate in the US just comes from the fact that Mercedes is regarded as an exclusive luxury brand in the US

In europe and germany especially Mercedes sells cars in all ranges like the A and B class or transporters like a Vito.

Marketing issue with MB USA. They should bring the A Class to the US to clean up this confusion among americans.

200 hp ?

I feel so ashamed for letting such thoughts enter my mind even for a second after I got into an accident.

She deserves better than me.

Doesnt come in stick?

I hope you didn't touch it, OP.

I have never driven one but the reviews I have seen say it has a harsh ride, doesn't sound very comfy.

they make more money off the luxury image than they would if they just sold regular cars.
Mercedes is the sole reason for the 25-year import restriction in the US because people were importing their cars cheaper from Germany instead of buying them here.

Modern mercedes A classes are the most uncomfortable cars I've ever had the misfortune to be a passenger in. Seriously fuck mercedes. My old 20 year old Clio had comfier seats and suspension. And what's with the lack of visibility? I know it's a new car thing but the a class is awful for it.

Are you talking about the FR-S?

I'm a big MB fanboy, but the CLA and illuminated badges are disgusting

>Illuminated badges.
Reminds me of an old mercedes I saw yesterday. It had an illuminated rear badge...in white...wired with the brake lights.

Hit the nail on the head. It's obviously not as soft a ride as an E or S class but you get what you pay for. It's competing in the U.S. for the entry level luxury market (Buick LaCrosse, Lincoln MkZ, Cadilac ATS). The problem is that they've dug themselves such a whole in the U.S. by classing themselves as perfectionists and as a pure luxury brand. If they introduced their A class in the U.S. it might make us Americans lean towards BMW

BMW is the same as Mercedes though. The 1-Series is a very popular car I. Europe, yet when they brought it to the U.S., they only bothered importing the most-expensive versions with the largest engines and most expensive options.

Theyven gonna do a FWD 1-Series now that everyone's gotten more comfortable with the idea of luxury evonoboxes.

>Theyven gonna do a FWD 1-Series now that everyone's gotten more comfortable with the idea of luxury evonoboxes.

Someone will talk themselves out of this brand-killing disaster before they actually do it

Hits the nail on the head. BMW/Mercedes are ultra-premium brands in North America. If they start bringing over their ordinary cars, it will ruin their image here. A 3-point star means something here. Once you head downmarket to the point where receptionists are driving Benzes, their bosses will buy something else.

Toyota understood this, which is why after building a brand of good econoboxes in NA, they introduced their premium Toyotas under the Lexus brand. Nobody was going to spend S-Class money and then have to explain to their neighbor why they drive a Toyota.

Same why the Phaeton was such a fucking disaster, when it could've killed as a new top-of-the-line Audi. Nobody was paying S-Class money for a Volkswagen.

very true, in uk 318i / 320d are very popular, you dont see many big engine versions, 335i / 340i etc

same for the 5 (520 everywhere)

on the bmw usa site you generally get the bigger engine versions with more options as standard, where as here you can get trimmed down variant

To be fair the phaeton kinda had that issue in europ as well

>Someone will talk themselves out of this brand-killing disaster before they actually do it
I don't see an issue with it to be honest, if you want a nice comfortable luxury car but don't want a saloon / estate and is a step above a Golf or a Focus then why not? So long as they leave the performance versions alone why not let people have a premium car in a smaller package?

walked past a 100% stock Corsa a few back with a sticker on it saying"admit it, you like this"

Had the displeasure of renting one of those in Munich.
Slow piece of shit. Super forgiving clutch though, but so slow.