youtube.com/watch?v=iLiy4gp4TyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It actually snowed in Houston.

>RWD
>All seasons
I'm stranded.

>put snow tires on in october because thought supposed to be big snow storm
> no snow since
>supposed to get 3-4 seasons out of $1200 winter tire set, barely going to get 2 seasons
>im in canada
what the fuck.

>going out in the snow
Man not being able to work from home must suck.

>not wanting to do hektik skidz in fluff in your fwd econobox
man, not having a sense of humor must suck

what you drive, how far you drive, how you drive, how fast you drive, what you drive on, really they can only estimate that

>tfw living in Vancouver
iktfb

>living in Vancouver
keep your winter tires on. They're winter tires, not snow tires, meaning they work based on temperature and not just snow (you'd get studded for that).

I remember every year helping push multiple out, because
>muh 4WD crossover
had shitty all-season tires

>the best part was watching expensive chink-owned Audi's with N stickers sliding down the hill

>country road
>completely dark
>light snow falling
>no other cars
>just me, my music and my truck, travelling to wherever I need to be and enjoying the serenity

Those lights are god like, is that a light bar or your high beams?

>comfy winter driving
This is not a thing.

Its a bar, Rigid Radiance 50"

I've since added two really good 9" 65W HID lamps to the front, as there is a tad too little lights on the closest 100m sides of the road, aka where the moose would come running. is a tad too overexposed I think, making it look a bit better than it is

eould you eache oup "winter? Implying hn meatloads to beencomdilmised?

nigger there is nothing more comfy than skidding and sliding a shitbox up and down a snowy mountain pass.

>snow is canceling out most of the road noise
>now screeching tires
>engine hardly screaming because you don't need a lot of throttle or revs to keep the wheels spinning
>not stressful at all because everything is happening at 1/2 the speed of drifting in the dry
>limited g-forces as well, so even as a passenger it's just a nice experience

It's other people on the road and their insecurities that can make it stressful though

That looks awesome, this is why I want a truck, so much cool shit you can do to it, nice truck sir

I love snow driving

Objectively this

>tfw doing skids alone isnt as fun as with my friends
>tfw fresh snow but dont want to go anymore
why did they have to go to a better place

Why you gotta be a sad cunt?

Put on your favorite tunes and go out driving, holy shit.

Heh, thank you user

It'll be improved more upon the coming spring. 35 inch wheels (29.5), flares, sun visor, possibly a rear locker. Gonna turn out a bit like this, except I'm keeping the fibreglass bed top, and no side rails

You were annoying as shit when you spammed your cancerous rustbox all over the board at any given chance (and then some) BUT that's a neat project dude. Good luck with it.

I dont want to think about how that thing is doing now

I kept up with keeping it clean, rust proofed and all that as much as possible, and even then the rust would come back - and not its being driven near the coast, on roads that are much more heavily salted, and probably owned by an idiot

Every now and then I'll look up the license plate to make sure it hasn't been registered as "De-plated since *****", aka its been wrecked

>Just now finally getting a dusting of snow in Southern Ontario

Just kill me already. Its snowed in Texas for fucks sake.

>can't drive in the snow on all-seasons

>mfw bald-ish summer tires on my stock cherokee

This was last winter, but still relevant. Near 0 visibility. Not so comfy

October is way too early to switch tires. Your likely not going to automatically die if you get hit with a snow storm on all seasons. The shitty thing about Canada is you only "need" winter tires maybe a week out of the season if you stay in the city. The rest of the time you're fine on all seasons.

exactly, that's what the fuck all seasons are for. summer and winter driving

Me in winter.

youtube.com/watch?v=iLiy4gp4TyY

>snowing here in N. Ireland
>summer tyres on my Fiesta ST

Can go quick enough on the roads, but I don't have enough traction to get back to my house. Feelsbadman.jpg

>It's other people on the road and their insecurities that can make it stressful though

A mix of people driving just as aggressively as on dry pavement and other people driving timidly and half the speed limit (because they using "all"-season tires) is just a recipe for disaster.

Stresses me out senpai, but it's nice when the streets haven't been plowed yet and fewer people have decided to go out

>RWD
check
>230 horses
check
>abandoned industrial lot 6 miles from home
check

Yea, I'm very /comfy winter driving/.

In NY decided to go for some snow dorifto in the xdrive.
Haven't had that much fun in a while.

there isnt even snow

>first snow
>put my winter tires on two weeks ago
>everyone else is sliding around on bald summer tires like retards
>over 4x more accidents reported per day

/scary winter driving/ here

>snow and ice one week a year where i am
>not worth it to invest in winter tires or honestly even bother swapping to all seasons, which are bald and trashed
>driving around slick roads on summer tires at full speed while SUV deathbarges drive under the speed limit on all seasons and freak out

iktfb

Bout to go watch the Manchester derby, will drive an awd landwhale, will be no
excitement but maximum comfy

I love driving in the snow, a shame it's already melting.

>not going for a drive just for fun

> a shame it's already melting.

A-at l-least there'll be no more salt, r-right?

>got new winter tires for ecobox a month ago
>10cm new snow in the last 4 hours
>call chinese restaurant, they say delivery time is 2h because slippery roads and many orders
>hop in ecobox, streets not plowed yet
>scandinavian-flick and ebrake turns every intersection
the city was dead, I saw 5 cars on a 10min drive, stopped myself from having too much fun. Set alarm 15min earlier for tomorrow so my commute will be extra-empty