/gg/ - Gigantic General

It's out on Steam, go get it.

No copypasta because this is the first thread.

Builds: mistforge.org/select_hero

codes?

Just started this game because I saw it free on steam. I'm having a lot of fun with it, but it has that smite/overwatch/paladins vibe to it: I know I'll be sick of it once the initial honeymoon is over.

I enjoy the low-contour art style (reminds me of samurai jack) and the over all art style. Although some of the character design is just ass.

Enjoying it so far but wish the rounds were quicker.

I said some. Jew-witch actually isn't one of the ones I dislike. Purple star bitch and negro sniper are pretty atrocious. The new brawler looks like if samurai jack had a drunken cousin who went shopping at hot topic. Goatman and owlsword are quirky. There's a bunch of hackey tropes but that's expected a bit, and I can stomach the ones like the dragon

Zandora is definitely an outlier.
I feel like the character artist for that one was given way too much freedom there.
Pretty sure he got fired not too long after her release.

Mozu is CUTE!

>want to play heroes other than assassins
>teams are literally too incompetent to even hold M1 at enemies

This sucks.

Ranged deeps is a really high impact role.
Try Beckett or HK.
Both really good at objective gaming.

I guess by assassins I meant fraggers, I wanna play Margrave but my team will all just sorta stand around while I'm pounding bitches with 5 man slams.

I like the nigress

Zandora actually seems like she might be fun, I never really looked at her because well just look at her, will probably give her a real chance sometime

Beckett is my waifu,

Does this game have gigantesses? I'm into gigantesses

yes

Hot! Im so playing this

Play her for her dodge and aura sprint animations.

Who you nerd?

i only want to play the sword loli, how do i carry my team of brs

It never ceases to amaze me how tunnel-visioned and lacking in environmental awareness players in these games are. A core facet of the game is team-work, yet an insane amount of people just run around with the CoD 'single player in a multiplayer' mindset. It would be an interesting observation of behaviorism if having these shitters on your team wasn't so goddamn infuriating.

Are there still any founders packs available? I got two codes, and one for myself and one for my brother, but my little brother also wants to join in and I can't find one. I'm not necessarily begging on here for one, but if someone has a link of where to get one I'd appreciate it.

I'm enjoying the game a lot, and I am having fun playing Wu. However, he is very frustrating to play because I feel like my abilities don't lock on half the time. Sometimes I use my Q and I just fly past them even though I just hit them with a Left Click. Sometimes I'll use my Q and the first hit will hit, but he'll just move past them for the second hit.

Aside from that though it's great.

Is Ghost Reef the only map available right now or something? Just started and all 5 of my matches so far have been on it.

a moba for tumblr

Tell your brother and little brother to share an account. Done.

It's for all three of us to play at the same time.

so is this game any good

/Dawng? is that you?

What did he meme by this?

>is F2P game any good?
you tell me

for a free moba it's not too terrible. it's on par with games like paladins. one feature i like so far is that you level up in a match, and you spend level up points to alter your base skills. so say you're an archer, you can use a level up point to make single arrow do more damage, or shoot multiple arrows at once. this seems to add a little more depth other than just knowing your enemy hero's basic skills. game needs more maps. the HUD is blech

samefagging with another concept i like: the capture/objective points let you spawn creatures that help you out in various ways. it's pretty limited with only a couple creature options, but reminds me of upgrading units in old WC3 mod maps

it might be good if the gui and launcher weren't so garbage.
the hell did they do for 2 years.

Literally every game has two of the lightning bitch with two daggers who deals 900+ damage to me with just her left click.

Knossos, Margrave, and Ramsay counter her pretty hard. Oddly enough, good positioning with Charnok can make her life a living hell, because one charged M1 will chunk her for like a third of her health, and if she dives you you can M2 and kill her.

POST YOUR TOP FIVE AND RATE OTHERS TOP FIVES
Pakko, Ramsay, Tyto, Wu, Margrave
GO FAST OR GO HOME

Lightning bitch reporting. If you're getting targeted normally, then stay with you're team because she will get blown the fuck up since even she doesn't do enough damage to burn somebody in good health down before she gets dunked with her glass healthbar.

If you're injured though and the Tripp is actively hunting down hurt players, you're fucked. Unless a teammate is on the ball with a hard stun, which there are few of in this game, you're gonna get erased and she will walk away scot free regardless even if you were in the middle of your team, because she can shed all status effects and moves like sanic.

It's very frustrating to play the game right now because every game has two of them. She can go invisible, has immense mobility, and if you're not playing a tank you cannot 1v1 her.

Even if you get close, she seems to have the best escape abilities in the game from what I've seen.

I don't know what it is, but this game's art style and presentation just annoy me. It's decently fun to play, but something about it reeks of tumblr, but I can't point at anything specific.

I played this game some in the CORE Confidential phase
Did they ever fix the stamina problems
How is the balance

Tanks and dps characters can 1v1 her if you're not hurt because she has literally no health. Her stealth ability is what gets the debuff removal, so if she engages with it, anything you do to her will stick unless your fight somehow takes longer than 20 seconds, and if she gets hit with any kind of slow, then her slide suddenly stops being a reliable escape. The main problem is that she's so fucking fast that she doesn't need stealth to engage and can blitz straight through your team right for your quarter-hp ass faster than they can react, or just take another path and cut you off at sanic speed.

Unless you're a support by yourself or hurt, Tripp will not win a fight against you, because when she stays in one spot for more than two seconds and can't isntagib somebody she dies. Once you get hurt though and Tripp comes to say hi, you might as well just accept it because it's going to happen.

>game doesn't limit heroes to one per team

this makes me want to cancel the install right now

I heard that they're going to change stamina so abilities don't drain it. Not 100% on that though.

>Instagib her
>Do my full combo as Wu against her, hitting her with every attack and left clicking between each
>She just does auto attacks the whole time and kills me

>game installs and launches the ARC client after installing in steam

Jesus what a fuckin mess

There is a one character limit. He means there's one on each team.

Who's the better support character?

Are you sure you're even hitting her. Trip has a frustratingly small hitbox. Wu should be able to kill her in a straight up fight.

What is up with the hit detection in this game? It's super wonky. I'll be sitting infront of someone and do an attack, and instead of my character hitting them (like they should) they dash past them and hit the air.

No, I'm not talking about attacks that always go a set distance, I am talking about attacks that specially track the enemy. Sometimes it tracks perfectly, other times I go flying past them. It's very confusing and incredibly frustrating when I miss kills or die because my skills don't behave how they're supposed to.

Is it related to lag? When I go into solo practice my moves seem to hit almost 100% of the time, but in real matches it regularly happens.

Define support?

There's healy supports, utility supports, damage supports, etc etc.

>Be a melee hero
>Try to attack the guardian
>Instantly die to 100 aoe spells being cast at the guardian
>Every time

Should Melee heroes just not bother attacking the guardian? I feel like every time I do it, even if our whole team is there, I die nearly instantly. Am I better off just trying to kill enemies near the guardian?

Sounds like it might be lag. I haven't had any hit detection problems so far, or at least I haven't noticed any.

It happens basically every time I play the frog guy. I use my Q ability, which dashes you forward to hit an enemy, but if you're in melee range you just stray in melee range.

However, many of the times I use it, I go flying right past them, sometimes even THROUGH them, and when that happens I basically am fucked.

I just stopped playing him because of it. I'm just playing Beckett now and shooting people.

You aren't doing the combo right if she's just standing there M1ing you the whole time, let alone surviving the encounter.

Heals and buffers supports then

Depends. The enemy team isn't going to nuke the weakspot if all your teammates are hitting it from ranged, or haven't moved in. If everybody is dog piling it, then yeah, consider not following suit. Attacking enemy players still helps because kills make the weakspot stay open longer.

Being a melee hero in every single Moba game is always such a disadvantage. At least Dota has high range, low cooldown blinks that allow melee heroes to consistently stay close with their enemies or to escape. I wonder when game designers will realize that being ranged is just flat out better than being melee.

how is the big fluffy rabbit? is it good?

Great CC'er, you can put out some good damage with your R-Click snowball move if you land it too. Hes pretty tanky and slippery so hes a good distraction/bodyblocker

pick ramsay, get max deflect on q
let the enemies melt their own guardian
??????????
profit

Obviously it depends on the situation, but generally I like to pick around the edges of the fight and hassle/kill enemies, so we either get more time to wound or my ranged have less enemies getting in their way. This goes for every melee hero, doesn't really matter which role. Tying up enemies during a wound is just usually the best decision, and getting a pick gives you an extra four (I think) seconds.

Vadasi - Actually good healer, purger, has really strong abilities but eats health to use

Pink 90s cartoon alien - Has multiple auras that give different buffs, along with upgrades to make them do even more. Also tanky and decent damage.

Sven - great utility abilities like the bouncing puddle that can move you and allies long distances. Not a great direct healer, but still good because he can get regen kicking in immediately.

>elegant designs with consistent artstyle and good animations
>10/10
>10/10
>10/10
>10/10
>suddenly out of nowhere
>DISGUSTING PINK MONSTROSITY THAT SOMEONE MADE AS A JOKE TO OFFEND SJWs NEGATIVE 4/10
>RAMSAY WITH ABOUT 2 POLYGONS, ANIMATIONS FROM 1998, WHO LOOKS LIKE A REJECTED BATTLEBORN HERO NEGATIVE 8/10

what
the
fuck
did all their artists quit at some point during the development?

i like ramsay fuck you nerd

Given the development hell this game went through, I wouldn't even be surprised.

am i supposed to use my free 50 crystals to buy cards?

Is the ultimate pack worth it?

Is the fox fag good, can someone make a steam group so we can all play together

Yes about a year ago they had some layoffs going. Guess some artists had to go too.

Can Sven deal out a good chunk of damage?
Or is he strictly support and utility?
I wanna scrap some faggots

fox does shit-tier damage and requires perfect aim, but his poison cloud is really nice utility

he cant dps, his attack speed is too slow for him to deal meaningful damage

Don't his DoTs stack up and allow him to duel tanks in drawn-out battles?

since you guys are shilling on /v/ im going to give this game a try even though i know next to nothing about mobas, whats a good character to play to get used to the game?

Charnok

>good mobility
>massive damage
>skills and attacks are easy to land

thanks user ill try him out when i can