What's Veeky Forums's opinion on the upcoming VW up! GTI?

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on the upcoming VW up! GTI?

115 bhp, sub 1000kg, 1.0 litre turbocharged 3-pot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yzhngvWrKD0
youtube.com/watch?v=pl2RAG3fS2E
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXNQyNyN1qg
youtu.be/rJ0WoAMacQo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>VW
>ever
Just buy a fucking Twingo GT, at least that's RWD and it won't shit itself as often

euro garbage. how do you people drive these clown cars?

Anything bigger is taxed to hell and the majority of the population will actually defend their cuckery because "do you NEED more?"

Jesus what cuckery.

I have a 2017 GTI and its small for a car in the US.

I dont know how on earth you can put performance branding on something with 115 hp in 2017 tho..... I mean I guess every other car there has like 50-70HP....

Its comical though, to make a such a small "performance car".

The retarded small engine will cuck you over for any real gains.... while a typical GTI can push 400whp/400wtq with a simple OBD-II tune and IS33 swap.

*IS38

Have you tried ensuring a car in Austria, where I live?

I currently pay almost 150€ a month for my Seat Leon FR, which has 150 HP.

So this thing could be a fun runabout that's cheap to run and insure.

So how about you try moving to a country that's not completely cucked?

Do you though? Most commutes in Austria are less than 10 miles, so it literally doesn't matter if you have 100HP or 500HP.

Sure, it would be nice for insurancy to be cheaper, but that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Step 1 to lower your insurance: buy a car that people your age aren't crashing all the time.

>not getting a sporty Swift

The problem is you can drive around in a 150 HP "performance car" here.

People with typical mundane 4 cylinders here will have equal or greater power and forget about the 300+ HP V6's that are VERY common here.

Thank god we dont go by HP rating for insurance

>French
>More reliable than VAG

Honestly, I think they're pretty cool. Super light and a good deal of torque (somewhere between 140 and 150lb I think) brings the 0-62 to a surprisingly respectable 7.6s.

That said they don't sell these in burgerland. And if I was going to take the plunge into EU unreliability, I'd probably go all the way and get the 500 Abarth that I've really wanted for a while now. If they brought that thing here though, I'd defintely have to give it a test drive. Who knows, maybe it would turn out to be the more fun car.

Sure, I#m gonna leave a beautiful, safe country, all of my freinds and family just so I can have a faster car.

I'll pass

If you live in Urban, then it is a decent choice.

Too bad she's pigfat and bloated now, Like modern cars.

not him but, which country?
America is frightening to most people on the outside and will probably fall into another great depression in the next two decades
the UK is being taken over by the 3rd world along with Canada
lastly I was cucked from birth by having English as my first language, so it is super hard to learn a new language

you sound like me in 5-7 years time

>tfw my high k French car treats me like royalty and my mates Golf GT tdi eats two turbos by 55k.

Yep, the Abarth would be my choice for a car this size with sporty aspirations also

>115 bhp

Jesus Christ. Might as well cut the floor out and run like Fred Flinstone

The new Swift Sport is still supposedly under 1000kg. It also has more power than this thing.

>no Twingo in US
>no VW up! in US

>no swift sport in the us

>2017
>any car that meets safety regulations and is not made out of carbon fibre or fibreglass shells weighing under 1000kg
Be realistic user.

i have always loved the way the up looked but thought it was just a bit too wimpy to actually own. but this..

want

That's about as much as it costs in Michigan. Probably cheaper in Austria actually.

>hurrr it need 300hp to get performance branding
m8 these cars weigh fuck all and are basically full sized go karts. Muh power doesn't mean shit in a city car designed to be as nimble as possible

They wont bring this fucking car to america, fuck you.

Dont act like the smargo is some sort of modern corvair.

In a free country the base model would get 100 hp without an hairdryer.

its shit if you want vag get seat if you want tiny car get twingo

>Muh power doesn't mean shit in a city car designed to be as nimble as possible
>as nimble as possible
It's not designed to be as nimble as possible. It's designed to be as cheap as possible while meeting NCAP standards, emissions requirements, fuel economy requirements and pedestrian crash standards. Being nimble is way down on the list. It'll be as fun as a depressing econobox with permanent traction control can be but no more 'nimble' than any other little microbox is just by nature of being small.

If you're just commuting, you're right. you actually dont need any more than that. A fiesta is enough for the average family to drive around in, same with this up! or a twingo.

Normies keep buying gas guzzling cars and they cant even appreciate it. You should have to be part of an automotive sports club, or have passed a sporting license in order to buy a sports car.

Make the test easy to take, cheap, etc.
Guarantee most people wont even bother getting the license and they'll get the cheap economy car that saves gas.
Everyone wins this way imo. Find a flaw in this plan.

So much bench racing ITT

I pay 200 dollars of insurance for my Golf GTI in Rhode Island.

The car is less than half the weight of the average american sedan these days.
Its a really good number. Not only that, but the lowered weight will affect more than just the acceleration, but the handling of the vehicle.
Meaning a car this light with half the weight, is a much better drive than a car with more than twice the horsepower and twice the weight.

Kind of like how a pilot isn't allowed to fly an airplane with more than 200hp without a "high performance" endorsement. Honestly not a bad idea.

in b4 "hurr durr 200hp is high performance?!"

>in b4 "hurr durr 200hp is high performance?!"
Its not about high performance. Its just about not letting normies waste everyone's time and be a danger on the road if they're not even willing to put a little bit of effort into getting a sports license. The HP number can be arbitrary, or just a list of car models.

There would probably be backlash though, just because automakers would see a drop in sales of their sports cars. Stacy wouldnt be buying her convertible mustang, mr midlife crisis would have to ask his wife to get the sports license and she'd say no, etc.

Marylandfag here, my insurance for a MK7 GTI is $46 a month. Not even just getting the minimal coverage

>Europoors are so poor that they have to buy South american models

I still have a year more of payments for the financing on mine. Cant get min.
I was also in an accident like two and a half years ago in a different car.

Hi, how's weather in NL?

UP is shit box not in good way, at 100k km on highway all car starts ratling and gets loose everywere. clearly made not to suvive past 150k.

I'm getting a company car next month so I might get one of those because I'm not paying for the repairs on my quality VAG product and I can pick a new car in 2 or 3 years if I don't like it or need something bigger.

2012 Golf R or 2016 GTI?

What the fuck is that thing?

I have a TSi and i'm pretty happy with it.

Realiable and fun.

I'm mad jelly of all the fun versions of the Fox, Up and Gol you can buy in South America. None of them ever made it to Germany. The Up TSI only arrived here last year and the GTI is coming almost 5 years after the Up was introduced here. The most powerful Fox in Europe had 75hp and we didn't even get a 5-door version. Meanwhile in South America you could get a 1.6 with 104hp and they even made a family van

Forgott to add: zero equipment. Price 25000 eurodolidoos

>city car
>4 doors

This needs to stop.

What car are you talking about? The up GTI is under 17k with heated seats, AC, 17" wheels, radio, leather steering wheel and some other stuff in Germany. A Brabus Smart is 6k more

I think the Up TSi was developed by the BR division of VW.

It's still a pretty small car and i car basically park everywhere.

I know it was, but German car magazines have been teasing me with sporty micro cars made in Brazil for decades and they always said they'd come soon and yet nothing happened.

I think it's the market. In south america the best selling cars the the FWD 4cyl shitboxes. While in Europe are medium sized sedans and SUV's.

youtube.com/watch?v=yzhngvWrKD0

Up TSI vs Civic Si

>38 seconds

jesus fucking christ

Tsi vs 328i.

youtube.com/watch?v=pl2RAG3fS2E

It's a little rocket.

It's a pretty solid car,.

The only ones who shit on it are burgers whio'll prolly will never see one anyways.

Forgot vid.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXNQyNyN1qg

No, that's what mine is, with half the power of the GTI. It's surprisingly chuckable, as long as the GTI gets side bolstering on the seats it'll be a lovely car.

Pic related is a five door hatchback weighing in at 930kg.

It's the same size as the 3 door and far more practical.

Just put apr tune on gti. Great car

NEVER FORGET THE LEGENDARY UP! TSI SMOCKING A MODDED CIVIC VTI.

youtu.be/rJ0WoAMacQo