Hey Veeky Forums, thinking of buying an R32 come tax time. What are your thoughts?

Hey Veeky Forums, thinking of buying an R32 come tax time. What are your thoughts?

why though

>RHD in America

Fuck that. Get yourself an 8-series.

inb4
>hurrrr muh childhood jaydeeemm dream car

For shits and giggles mostly. I work for a race shop, all Cheby and Ferd good ole boys. Thought I'd mix it up a little

Having lived in Japan and owned one that only cost me $8k, I couldn't bring myself to buy one in the states.

If you have the money to import parts to fix it, have fun

Having lived in Japan, you were a social outcast beta male in the states and had to run away to weebland where they can't tell you're a dork

My best friend bought one. Got old fast. WAY too expensive. Looks nice and it's cool to own a car with such a good pedigree and history. But for the American price it's a meme x 5.

Tons of 240 and Z32 parts are swappable, and there are TONS of places state side to buy after market replacement parts. Some dealers even have factory shit in stock. Like Courtesy Nissan.

Or it was because of work.

>WAY too expensive.
care to elaborate friendo? was there anything in particular that became a bitch to pay for?

hell yea there was

>8-series
>the cool one is shit
>the not-shit one isn't cool

Fuck that.

like. what. user?

maintenance heavy. timing belts need to be regularly changed.

I personally wouldn't, I don't think I could deal with the shadiness of importing shit

What are the general prices on these things anyway? I've seen a few in my area for ~16k USD, and I think that's way too much. You can buy a 2018 new shitbox for that kind of money.

It is cool tho

I can't justify the price for a 25+ year old Nissan thats gonna need 25+ year old kinds of maintenance regardless of mileage

t. I'm a dumbass that owns 2 imported cars

Well alot of it was a bitch to pay for especially those certain fees you gotta deal with.

...timing belts need to be changed in every car that has one

I'm a big fag for the R32 but the price right now isn't justified for them. 20-30k for a car based just on JDM racing heritage isn't worth it.

To get the full potential of an r32 you'll need to sort a lot of little things that wore out in the previous 25years. Things like the rubber in the waterloop can crack, abs module can fill up with old burned oil.
I got mine 2 years ago and I must say that at least for the first year it will be quite an expensive car to service.

This, definitely try to drive one at some point, but if you want a unique JDM import, there's lots of options that are much less expensive. I'd personally go for a RB Pulsar GTiR, it's less than half of what GTRs demand. Otherwise S12s or S13s are super cheap comparably as well.

How does the "Tax time" thing work anyways?

Not an Ameriburger

TLDR our tax system is completely fucked and one of the only reasons normal people dont notice is it is because we get tax returns.

dont bother learning about US taxes, they are fucked.

If its just for shit's and giggles you can build a silly fast Turbo Civic/Miata for a 1/3rd of what a decent R32 costs.

Otherwise half the money gets you a nice 04-07 STi or Evo that'll outperform it and when something breaks you can get parts for it tomorrow anywhere in the country.