>inb4 "Why did you keep the neanderthalic tractor engine??"

>>inb4 "Why did you keep the neanderthalic tractor engine??"

>putting a 700lb pigfat lump in a 2,400lb car

you picked the most unimaginative childish youtube car channel engine for that Z, Congrats u ruined it.

Should done pic related

i built it super cheap for reliability and high revs, i probably payed as much as i would for an l28 swap anyways.
Its not even that much heaveir:3

l28 does both of those... hope u kept the original engine somewhere so u can undo your mistake in the future.

>twin turbo DOHC Iron block I6 isn't much heavier than a single cam iron block I6
lul
You just replaced a sub 500lb engine with one that weighs more than 600 and in doing so made your Z a noseheavy disappointmentmobile with a meme engine that's only good for dyno queens, drag racing and drifting

>using that long lump of shit in 2017

at least it's not a shitty LS

as someone who's shopping for one of these right now i'm sending you my

b a d v i b e s
a
d
v
i
b
e
s

Nope l28 blew and went to the scraper. not salvageable. An l28et cost the same around here as a 1j
its single turbo pal. putting the battery in the trunk offsets that weight. i don't 1 came will upset the weight that much.
I would have done an ls swap but they are retarded expensive
Lol your the kind of cuck to spend 10k on a rebello engine and think 300hp is adequate for that

>its single turbo pal.
Oh wow so now it's 590lbs instead of 650

>usn

good man

Should've just bought a supra. Dumb poorfaggot

Someone has clearly never driven a 240z with a happy L-series.. nothing else compares... u shoulda got a supra

spot on couldn't afford a supra 60k is not worth it anyways
Not in the navy, friend that's in sent me that. Hes a super greasy sailor
l28 weights 525 so yea thats about right. the old 5 speed weighed 110 and the new r154 is 140
that's only 95 extra pounds for double the horsepower with essentially the same weight distribution
i enjoyed the l28 but it popped and i wanted to keep it on the road this was the cheapest route with the parts i already had on hand.

>l28 weights 525

lol you clearly don't know how much a fully dressed l28 weighs, its an absolute shit ton
source: i've scrapped an l28 before

you could've riced up an 80's supra or something instead of buying up one of the few remaining Z's. Faggots like you are why finding clean examples is hard.

For a project this size, why didn't you just use like an S52 out of a BMW Z car?

Like, I know the 2JZ has a lot of aftermarket performance support, but there are so many other options, even if your heart was set on a Straight-Six. Honestly Subaru engine might've been a fun swap for a car as light and nimble as that.

My L24 weighed like 350lbs minus the tranny, so did that extra 200cc's add 100lbs somewhere? kek

>source: i shipped it

i saved her from an abusive owner and fixed her up lol if i didn't catch it, it would have completely rusted through and gone to the scraper.
z's aren't rare lol you can go find them on craigslist in every major city.
They are meant to be driven not garaged. If you want to be a brand whore and spend more for less performance feel free to open up your wallet.
Like ive said price was main driving force. 90% of the parts being interchangeable with an is300 means it'll be on the road for many years to come.

and subarus are the same tier of meme engine as rotary vape fag

not a real Z

>rotary is life

>LS is expensive
Stop this meme. 4.8 and 5.3 engines can be had at junkyards across the country for around $650. Everything from engine trans fueling it would've been around 3 grand total.

Looks like a great swap though, good luck with it my man

is that a t10 tranny for that budget?
i just kid to each his own m8y, for what its worth ive driven a fd and it was a blast

Fuck these niggers, at least you kept it i6 instead of taking the cletus route.

>no rb swap

>>walk into autzone
"hello i need a water pump for an rb 26"
lol

what is the internet

t.jealous as fuck of god motor

>>having to wait for parts
Once again this car is made to be driven not just a garage meme queen where i go out of my to hassle my self for more money

overnight parts from japan

they dont make kit car z's buddy
>>the diagnosis is terminal autisim

>go on ebay
>$35 with same week free shipping

Whos "they"? You can most definitely make a Z from parts.

thats from australia cunt this is the Jew s a bud, rbs are probably cheaper than jzs over there

the price is still the same

Haha Navy lost the fucking football game today

Wait...what? The US Navy has an American football team...? How the fuck does that work?

vvti is life, non vvti JZ's pls go.

Military schools. Army has one too.

>muh drag racing
2JZ fans are worse than Tesla fans

not getting vvti is just throwring away free low end torque its such a simple engine the wiring is so easy

non vvti 1jz is aesthetic as fuck
enjoy being slow

>only thinks about one version of supra
Why are you here?

mk3s are boats ill have you know i actually scrapped quite a few of those, harvesting the r154 and flipping it on ebay(thats how i payed for 80% of my build). I sent many clean straight rust free shells to the melting pot for $130 a pop. Mk3s are memes no one wants them

>>non vvti
>>throwing away free low end torque because your afraid of 2 extra wires
>>have to deal with overly complex twin turbos over the superior single turb of vvti

>all irrelevant when non vvti looks this good

>>choosing looks over performance on a part that is covered by a hood 95% of the time
your no better that a stance fag

>your
i win

god dammit fine i surrender peacefully, ill order up a non vvti now and then go rip out that hunk of shit:(

Nice Miata

You're a cruel man. I would have gladly paid you double for those shells. I know many others who would as well.

And if you're so desperate for R154s, you might as well buy up aisin ar5s as they're cheaper, more plentiful and are almost exactly the same.

>he actually thinks non vvti coil pack cover looks more aesthetic

vvti wins yet again