Tfw can't drive my car without thinking about how many miles I'm putting on it

>tfw can't drive my car without thinking about how many miles I'm putting on it

well, you could always think of it positively: more miles means you have burned more fuel and more fuel burned really pisses of numale millennial warmists :)

>family member borrows car
>had a full tank of gas
>it comes back with less then half
>all the assists are off
>it leans to the right
why did you drive 170 miles and why did you hoon my shitbox.

Who cares? Keeping a car low on mileage to resell it is like not fucking your girlfriend so the next guy has fresher pussy. Live a little dude, you're young once. Once you realize you're accelerating towards the end, days are shorter, years go by faster, you're going to wish you had as much fun as possible as a kid.

In a 0-100k "oh no it's not brand new anymore" or 200-300k "o fug it's on it's last legs" way?

>not thinking of it as an achievement to be driving a high mileage car that you've kept alive by your own hands
>not aiming for 1,000,000 miles

And mileage doesn't matter if you take care of the car.

The Regular Furry Reviews MR2 is a prime example of just being a cuck. He could have hooned it daily but also maintained it well.

the latter personally
>tfw I own a rare-ish car and think about how the more I drive it the quicker it will be consigned to history
I want to import an AZ-1 one day but I'm not sure I could cope with driving it

doesnt matter mate

rebuilds are a necessary evil

Could you keep a car alive indefinitely if you kept rebuilding the engine and kept like 5 of every part?

>warmists
lmao

yes and no.

EVENTUALLY the cylinders will ware beyond being able to hold pressure. some have this problem worse than others. Ive seen a toyota carolla (i think it was?) that had 1,000,000 miles on it.

Every mile you drive is a mile closer to a catastrophic failure

Not putting miles on your car is like saying you're not going to fuck you girlfriend so she's mint for her next boyfriend.

lol

But I won't fuck my gf so she's mint for my wedding night :^)

Hi

Just break you odometer. My shitbox is forever young desu

Unironically this is true. The probability that your car will drive the next 1000 miles given the fact that it drove the last 1000 is actually way less. As inevitable this is you can slow down the plumbing rate by taking care of the care and doing preventive maintenance

Honestly though, aside from rust is it even possible to wear out a unibody car? I'd be legit worried about the body warping on a high mileage car. Everything else could be replaced no problem.

>mfw can't think about how many miles my truck could go without getting a boner

Eventually I think vibration and general bushing wear will make the mount points unserviceable. That will take a long, long time I would think Plus, most unibody cars have subframes to take the load off irreplaceable bits.

You're telling me you leave the assists on?

Every day you live is a day closer to your death. The point is making the most of it while you can.

>engine has to come out to replace clutch
>think of this with dread every time I shift

Engine blocks are parts like any other

What you have to worry about is denying your cars the miles it wants to drive for you. Don't deny your car its reason to be.

thanks user, you really helped me today.
I'm going out for a drive.

I really dont understand how people put so many miles on their car so fast. I put like 10,000 a year max if I'm driving around a lot. I see cars with 150,000 that are only a few years old.

>tfw cant drive my car without worrying about some shit breaking and ruining my whole day and draining my bank account

What the fuck

or you could think of it as a video game score and try to see how many more thousands of miles you can keep your 80s shitbox on the road for. seeing extremely old, well-cared for shitboxes with +300k miles on the odometer that still get driven often always puts a smile on my face. cars are meant to be driven, not stored away in a garage. enjoy what you have while you're still alive

>enjoy what you have while you're still alive
This, we’re not going to live forever, might as well enjoy hooning shitboxes and God Machines now while you can. Because either you’re either going to reach the age where the gubment takes your license away due to grandpa going senile or driver operated cars themselves become illegal all together. I’m going to drive the shit out of cars while I’m able so one day I can tell stories to my technology integrated grandchildren of the adventures I went on in sports cars of old

autism

>he turns them off when he's driving normally

I only turn them off when I'm about to get hektik

there is a massive difference with swapping out a WHOLE FUCKING BLOCK and a rebuild...

spbp

There's this old nigga that has a volvo with like 3 million on the odo, look him up.

Think of it like having a lot of sex with a girl, it's only bad for the next guy

6/10 greentext didnt turn into shota

Ya but if you don't drive it it can have problems too. Babied cars usually have more problems at higher mileage than one driven regularly.

This is why shitboxes are bestboxes

I actually enjoy putting miles on my vehicle. Because the engine it has is guaranteed to shit out at 200k and I did a slapass rebuild on it and put another 40k on it since.
I think it's just hilarious really.

Only driving normally

> not buying a car you love so you can drive it

I've put over 260k miles on one of my dream cars, why haven't you?