ETHEREUM - MIST

I got started in the ethereum business with goldminer (from goldminer.io), just to see what this was about
I mined only 1 eth to see if really i could get money from it when it was around 9$. I transferred that single eth into my Kraken account and the rise in value of the last days (around 20$) made me want to mine more ethereum. But goldminer appears to be broken, and since i didn't really like how that program worked, i started to get informed on how to start to mine ethereum seriously.
Many suggested to use mist if you don't know anything about coding (like me) because of its user friendly GUI
So i set up my wallet, i downloaded the whole block chain, i created my account.
But from this point an actual explaination of how to actually mine is nowhere to be seen
There is a Start mining (ctrl+shift+M) button in the menu but it is greyed out. I believe this is because i have not switched to the testnet, which, if i'm not wrong, is a sort of test mode to test the functionality of mist without using any actual eth
Also solo mining is highly deprecated, is often suggested to join a pool, as those in eth.nanopool.org, but i really don't know how to actually join a pool, or select the right pool for me
Or just suggest me a better program for eth mining, something suited for a noob in coding (is AlethOne good?)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.ethereum.org/discussion/7888/which-mining-client-are-you-using
forum.ethereum.org/discussion/3659/list-of-pools
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.0
ethermine.org/
github.com/ethereum/mist/releases
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1368785.0
cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/eth?HashingPower=20&HashingUnit=MH/s&PowerConsumption=140&CostPerkWh=0.12
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There are many miners and pools. I'm using Claymores miner in combination with Coinotron pool.

Miners:
forum.ethereum.org/discussion/7888/which-mining-client-are-you-using
Pools:
forum.ethereum.org/discussion/3659/list-of-pools
As example a Tutorial for Claymore miner with different pools:
Also interesting:
ethermine.org/

Not that hard to find.

I appreciate tjay you tried to help, but Claymore is without GUI, and to begin i'd like something more intuitive
I'll try to figure out how to make tjat work, but i guess It won't be easier than setting mist up

The non-gui is actually the easiest. You make a bat file with the config of your pool/eh address, click it and you're done. The added bonus is that you can change the color in cmd to hacker green and you can pretend to understand wtf is going on the screen. I'm gf thinks I'm some sort of a savant because I have a bunch of these matrix windows open.

So basically
If i type in the Command line
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal 0xd69af2a796a737a103f12d2f0bcc563a13900e6f -epsw x -eworker rig1

As in the example
It Will start to simply mine eth
But how do i check the wallet status? I can use EthereumWallet.exe that i downloaded with mist? Also Can i use It to send eth to my Kraken wallet? Or Can i directly use the Kraken eth wallet in the Command line so that the money will go directly there?
Sadly i don't have any clue on how to make this Bat file, but i found some useful links to check out
Do you also use Claymore?

You're over complicating. This screenshot is all you need to know, you can use any Ethereum address you have, but some exchanges dont like it when you mine directly to them. So use ots preferred to use the wallet on your own computer.

1. Go to ethermine.org and download genoils miner
2. Enter the config there and your address in config.bat like I have done in the screenshot.
3. Open the bat file and go masturbate.

rigname?

Rigname whatever i want?
Also i have a 1070, It doesn't matter? Also, what wallet do you use that allows transactions?
Sorry if i make many questions but i'm trying to understand as much as i can

Name it anything you want, do the same as I have done in the screenshot. I use the default settings on both my computer, one AMD and one Nvidia. I use the standard wallet, from here: github.com/ethereum/mist/releases

>2017
>Mining for Crypto

I think by now the computing power that is needed to mine even one bitcoin is something like, a fucking super computer.

Or you could wait another decade or so when quantum computers become a commercially viable option then you can mine that bitcoins in a more efficient scale.

So basically i create a Bat file inside the same folder of the ethminer.exe file which container this code

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
ethminer.exe --farm-recheck 200 -G -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -FS us1.ethermine.org:4444 -O .

And ready to mine shit?

>making 0.001 ETH per hour with 19MH/s
>electricity to mine overnight probably costs more.
>inb4 wait till it takes you to the moon 1ETH=$2000 by end of year!!1!
>mfw not even half a dollar in 24 hours

I earn 3,3 ETH each month on my two GPUs and have free electricity so it's definitely better than nothing.

Yup.

We don't mine bitcoin directly, but SCRYPT altcoins that you can't use ASIC cards on.

What card do you use and how much time do you spend minining every day?
Also i should choose the pool closer to where i stay?

>What card do you use and how much time do you spend minining every day?
280x and a GTX 1080. Mine almost 24/7 but sometimes I need to render some stuff for work.

>Also i should choose the pool closer to where i stay?
Doesn't matter, it requires something like 8 kbps to mine so you're good as long as you have a stable connection.

Your numbers quite weird me out, as i said with a 1070 with Little overclock at 30 mh/s i got an ethereum with goldminer in around 60h
It was a few months ago, maybe It got harder to mine eth lately?

The eth price has more than doubled since then. The difficulty rises when the price rises.

Thank you, you have been really helpful, Veeky Forums is a nice Place today
Also there is no substantial difference between mining with Claymore or genoils, or i can get different hash rates?

>Also there is no substantial difference between mining with Claymore or genoils, or i can get different hash rates?
They are slightly different, but I'll doubt you'll see any different hashrates. I've only ever used genoil for ETH. You can read about the two different ones here:

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1368785.0

So basically if i want to mine with Claymore in the nanopool pool i'm going to create a Bat in the folder of claymore similar to the One for genoil but with a different last line

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal -epsw x -eworker rig1

amiright

Probably, just try.

so that's it
looks like it is mining at my average mining rate
how much do you think it will take to make 0.01 eth?

on ethermine.org it says that
Customizable minimum payment threshold (Standard: 1 Ether, Minimum: 0.1 Ether, Maximum: 10 Ether)
how do i customize it?
actually the eth will be sent to my wallet until i mine 1 full eth or just 0.1? also, if i close cmd everything i mined will be lost, or will it be saved in my wallet, even if nothing appears in it?

Enter your wallet address in the top right corner of their website. You can track how much you have earned there and set at what amount you want to be paid. You can close CMD whenever you want, the amount you're owed is stored on ethermine.org server. The hashrate you see on that website doesn't work for small hashrates, but you'll get the correct amount no matter what it says so don't worry about it.

You'll probably earn 0.1 ETH each day or so.

oh fucking thanks

why there are in the pic 2 hashrates?
also 1 active worker means that there is only one pc delivering eth on that wallet or that i'm basically solo mining?
thank you again for your help

You can calculate the expected amount of mined Ether online like here
cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/eth?HashingPower=20&HashingUnit=MH/s&PowerConsumption=140&CostPerkWh=0.12

I have 9MHS and make like 0.1 per 4-5 days.

the fact that it's on this website means its obviously in a pool and not solo.

the left is your current hashrate, right is your average hashrate which will slowly go up as you leave your miner on.

thanks, that tool is really useful
yeah, looks like i know everything i need to know now
just a question regarding the ethereum wallet:
what changes between the cheaper-faster fee? the time needed to do the transaction?
Also to simply transfer eth to my kraken account i don't need contracts right?
man that contracts part scares the fuck out of me

No contracts needed. Just send. I always choose the cheapest fee and it takes like 2 minutes.

Good i spend ten days mining a single eth i won't mind waiting 2 min to transfer it
Do you use Kraken too?