Stop Hating Crossovers

>crossovers are dominating today's global vehicle sales because of their off road capability, roomy cabin, huge cargo space, female friendliness and better crash protection.
>Veeky Forums is still refusing to face the reality since this board is filled with autistic city dwellers who have never driven in wilderness with their family or friends.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley_Earl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cross overs can't into wilderness.
We have a reoccuring offroad general thread.
Tons of neck beard aspies have beat to shit 4th hand SUV's and trucks that they take off road.

Also female friendly is a bad thing when it comes to anything.

>crossover
>off road capability
Pick 1

>off road capability
They have about as much offroad capability as any sedan ever.
shit pic related can't even do off road properly because they have independent front suspension and no locking hubs and it is one of the better 4x4 on the market

>roomy cabin
because of that slanted roof line, rear occupants are going to have shit head room compared to front passengers
>huge cargo space
just look at the cargo area. Between the sloping roof line and that "its gotta vaguely look like a lambo" trunk/hatch design, cargo space is sparse as fuck.

You just described my sedan OP. Except for the female friendly part since that is completely made up nonsense as a persons gender has absolutely no bearing on required vehicular dimensions.

>female friendliness

this should never be a consideration in anything non pregnancy related

>a persons gender has absolutely no bearing on required vehicular dimensions.
Females tend to be smaller than males, and have different body composition.
They would generally be more comfortable in a certain layout compared to their male counterparts.

people in general come in all different sizes.

>crossover
>off roading capability

nice meme, most of them are open differential cuckmachines

keked audibly

Cross overs have a bit of ground clearance. They don't have off roading capability. People often get these things confused, and while genuine off roading vehicles can do some pretty extreme things, even the more mundane feats a good truck/suv can accomplish will put a cross over to shame.

They won't put power down to the wheels like a real off road capable vehicle can, they won't have the axle articulation, the diffs, the gearing, or anything like that to handle actual rough terrain. They can drive over some bumpy country roads a bit better, and that might actually be a real appeal to some people, but that isn't off roading.

if you left your basement you would realize that women come in a wide variety of sizes (as do men). making a car for women that "accommodates a small body size" is a retarded idea at best and severely limits your target audience that are more likely to buy a CRV anyways.

maybe i dont want a car thats just okay at everything

maybe i actually like driving

Crossovers are dominating because more women are buying cars than men.

I see petite women in huge suburbans and landwhales in hyundai accent every day.

>Off road capability
In a era with less than 1% off 'offroad capable' cars going offroad, that's literally a moot point
>Roomy cabin
You'd think so, but the space is definitely not efficiently utilized. They favour track over actual cabin space to exaggerate the fenders.
>Huge cargo space
Pretty much the above. Low swept rear hatch and crammed wheelbase bites into that area something fierce.
>Female friendliness
What does that even mean? Do they have door receptacles for hair irons and 2 foot dildos like a Rolls Royce? The rear view mirror is extra big so they can get their face did on the freeway?
>Better crash protection
Varies from car to car, but this is mostly only because of the door sill height being what it is.

Crossovers, to me, just seem to be a jack of all trades, master of none. If you just need seats and grocery space, get a fucking wagon. If you just need to have a car that you think your neighbours envy, get an X5 or some dumb shit.

I don't get normies and their obsession with cars as a status symbol but still treat it like an appliance.

I am going to put my GOT-DAYUM babies in that woman.

>pregnancy related
Why would that be any different?

That woman probably is more expensive than that new kia sportage next to her.

Iirc, the CRV can do that, but you'd have to spend something like 50k to get to that point. And that's almost a full on SUV.

Cuckovers are fucking stupid

Why did the Hyundai brand become the brand of choice for landwhales anyway? Seems like obese waman love those ugly shit boxes, I just never can figure out why.

dat body language
even the eye candy thot is rejecting that car

>High center of gravity
>shit offroad (low clearance)
>shit onroad (heavy)
They are comfy and good in a straight line

thats it.

Crossovers are dominating because testosterone levels plumeted due to shitty diets, shitty lifestyles, and pollution that doesn't matter outside of europe, so sayeth the gov, leading men to let their wives buy cars.

>boy our crossovers goyim HISSSSSSSSS

This man's legacy is finally losing its influence over design. He's the reason why long, low, and wide cars became so popular. However, we are going back to the proportions of the 30s and 40s since they are admittedly more practical

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley_Earl

>off road capability
No. 17 cm is not enough for off-road.
In fact, you can do nearly the same off-road madness on every normal car with AWD. Or even with FWD with connectable man power at the rear.
>roomy cabin
Dimensions of a cabin are the same, as on sedan with same wheelbase length.
> huge cargo space
Pickups have more cargo space. Estates (Wagos, Universals...) have the same cargo space, as CUV, but lower loading height, and low loading height is awesome.
>female friendliness
Smart fortwo and twingo have female friendliness, due to their small dimension.
> better crash protection.
You will definitely need it, due to higher center of mass.

>crossovers are dominating today's global vehicle sales because of their off road capability
They lead because ¾ of population are retarded, they want SUV, but they can't afford it.

D-Max have auto locking hubs

>implying pigfat crossovers and Nissan Juke copycats can even get offroad
The marketing scam that is the "urban jungle" justifying an SUV in the city or in suburbs was a fucking genius move.

sorry diff lockers, 1 wheel comes off the ground and they get stuck.

>Connectable man power at the rear
Blyat! Send it comrade!

Also this man gets it.
Crossovers are heavier and thus endanger pedestrians and bicyclists, put more strain on our already fucked road infrastructure, and require more gasoline to power than comparable vehicles like vans.

Sure they are "safer"; but only in collisions and only if you're not going to roll over.

Ahh right, yeah, they do have LSD on the rear so at worst they're 3wd but it's pretty common now with 4wds which have traction control/terrain assist to not have a locker option.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Merc G Wagon or 6x6, but that's never going off road.

>Blyat! Send it comrade!
Yep, that is how you convert Lada Samara to Niva. Open the trunk and let gopniks do their job for sunflower seed and beer. Дaвaй блядь, тoлкaй нaхyй.
By the way, Niva is only (not quite, but still) CUV, that can somehow in off-road.
>Crossovers are heavier and thus endanger pedestrians and bicyclists, put more strain on our already fucked road infrastructure, and require more gasoline to power than comparable vehicles like vans.
Not all crossovers are heavier, than sedans. Some weight nearly the same, because it is a slightly raised normal car with some sort of 4WD conversion.
>Sure they are "safer"; but only in collisions and only if you're not going to roll over.
Not that safer, most of them are based on normal car without any major improvements to body... But yes, roll overs.

For example, Renault/Dacia Duster. True CUV, based on Logan and it tends to rollover.

Idk what is more fun, off-roading in my crossover because it has torque vectoring, or the amount of butthurt it causes when I mention that.

>female friendliness
If anything, that should be a deterrent lmao

>offroad sedan
Which one?

Do Imprezas count?

nice b8 m8 i r8 8/8

8/10 marvelous troll post OP guaranteed replies

Only shills drive them

Squatting gop is best off-road tool

Midsize SUV is superior in every way tho IMHO

Jeep Honcho Mucho Macho

Jeep needs to bring back trucks...and not ones that look like a wrangler with a bed slapped on it

I actually love crossovers.

Personally, super SUVs and the like seem silly and half-assed, like manufacturers are just toying with the idea instead of making something spectacular. Urus and Bentayga are a step in the right direction but I would like to see something with wow factor like an Aventador has.

Might be as simple as the shape of their seats. And they spend so much money on food, affording things is hard for them.

Landwhales have a harder time getting men to buy them shit.

No thanks I will keep my AKtruck47