/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: Cake on Face Edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and the games released on them.
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /mk8g/

>Important News
「!」New 3DS production ended in Japan: gematsu.com/2017/07/new-3ds-production-ended-japan
「!」Cave Story+ adding classic graphics in August: nintendoeverything.com/cave-story-adding-classic-graphics-in-august/
「!」Kamiko has sold over 110,000 copies: nintendoeverything.com/kamiko-has-sold-over-110000-copies/
「!」WWE 2K18 coming to Switch in October, first details: nintendoeverything.com/wwe-2k18-coming-to-switch-alongside-other-platforms-in-october-first-details/
「!」Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 launches for Switch in North America and Europe on September 22: twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/884398377886113792
「!」Watch the Splatoon 2 direct here: youtube.com/watch?v=GnIAN06eSAE
「!」SNES Mini announced, comes with the never official released Star Fox 2: twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/879369032947847168
「!」Nintendo will support 3DS beyond 2018: uk.ign.com/articles/2017/06/15/e3-2017-nintendo-will-support-3ds-beyond-2018
「!」Metroid: Samus Returns (Metroid 2 remake) announced for Nintendo 3DS: youtube.com/watch?v=gc9FeeAEMWk

>Upcoming Releases
JP - nintendo.co.jp/schedule/index.html
NA - nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/
PAL - nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

>New 3DS XL vs New 2DS XL vs 2DS Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Charts
Switch - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/amiibo-igcc-switch1.jpg?w=646
3DS - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-3ds3.jpg?w=646
Wii U - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-wiiu4.jpg?w=646

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/
m.ign.com/articles/2017/04/11/dragon-quest-11-will-pack-a-ps4-and-3ds-game-into-the-same-box
dualshockers.com/dragon-quest-xi-nintendo-switch-square-enix-cant-talk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its happening soon bros, i feel it

Have you bought Splatoon 2 yet, /nintyg/?

when is there gonna be a chibi robo game for switch

I bought a 3ds.

Now I have to search for used games because so many are out of print. Fuck.

I like the nintendo selects with reduced price though. Gonna get animal crossing and ocarina of time today for the price of a single game!

enjoy

No matter where I go I can't find a fucking switch anywhere. I see shit online saying places are restocking but I check all my stores, I check online, nothing. What the fuck am I supposed to do?

Friendly reminder for any of my countrymen who might care.

no but I bought bitcoin.

nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/

Ok

Enjoy ACNL. Such a good game. By far the most played game for me on the 3ds, can't wait for the switch version.

How much acid?

3-5 tabs

If you have Beat Buy Gaymers club you get then for $16 each.

Call target. They get their stock at 11pm, which is after hours. Call them on mon 5 minutes after the store opens in the electronics section. Be polite and straight forward.

2 lemons.

six it is.

>g'day ma'am I am looking to procure a Nintendous Gender Switch for entertainment pleasures and would like to obtain it from your fine retail establishment. Would you assist me with temporarily stashing said item in a safe crevice while i ready my carriage to transport me? I will thank you in riches of the visa type, if that pleases m'ldy.

BORN IN A WORLD OF DIFFERENCES

Why does /v/ like him?

Because hating Nintendo is a meme on /v/, and Jim hates Nintendo

Why do gamestop employees seem so angry when you buy new? Like they're visibly annoyed that I didn't buy their used products. I think I'm gonna switch to amazon.

You guys think it's too soon to start making generals for Xenoblade 2?

You really think xcx2 isn't shit?

They have comission at stores along with quotas. Never buy anything someone selling you something offers. Extended warranties, used games, scratch protection, clearcoat protector all shitshitttyshit

Destiny 2 is free to play this weekend!

Its multiplatform, surley its on switch right? Anyone play it yet? How's the class system?

Hi there /nintyg/

This might be a dumb/strange question, but I'm drunk.

Is there a canonical, main Yoshi? Obviously the main one is the green Yoshi, but is there just one green Yoshi or are there numerous green ones? What about the other colours? Are there many different blue and red Yoshis or just one of each? How does this work?

Also this is probably a dumber, simpler question.

I know there are obviously a lot of Toads, but is there one main toad in the """"""""""""mario canon"""""""""" (is there even a mario canon??)

Kirby -> Yoshi -> Bowser impregnates peach -> Kirby

Rosalina is a deformed peach that didn't cook right. She makes the other colors.

And for that matter, what about birdo and toadette? I did do a quick google search on this and looked over the wiki quickly, but I'm still a bit unsure.
W-what?

Toad is a fungus. Hes not real.

Kirby metamorphosizes to a baby yoshi. Look at the feet man, they are the same.

Yoshi then evolves into bowser, after being sick of Mario's fat ass.

Bowser then rapes peach. She gives birth to Kirby.

Rosalina sometimes gets raped too. But she's retarted so she gives birth to weird colored yoshis usually.

so peaches children evolve to rape their own mother in a plot to get revenge on mario?

does amazon have a point system / rewards program? i've been meaning to get off gamestop as well, though my first choice would be target

Amazon has 15% off all preorders with prime. And preorders extend to like thr first month after game is out.

You get it now.

thats why Mario is the hero. He wins the love of his girl by stopping her child on a rapionous spree..

Anyone here getting Dragon Quest XI next week?

Yeah, on the console it was was meant to be played on, ps4.

All other copies are shit.

I don't own a japanese 3DS and my language skills are rusty.

WIll it ever be localized? Probably in like 10 years...

>WIll it ever be localized? Probably in like 10 years...
It was already confirmed by the PR firm but we don't know which versions (3DS, PS4, Switch) are getting localised.

m.ign.com/articles/2017/04/11/dragon-quest-11-will-pack-a-ps4-and-3ds-game-into-the-same-box

Announced in a release date trailer (and confirmed by IGN Japan), the bundle - called "Dragon Quest XI Double Pack: Hero Sword Box” in Japan - will include both versions of the game in hollowed-out book style cases, packed into a larger sword case box. It will cost 14,960 yen (approximately $135 USD).

PS4 and Switch are the same thing, 3DS version is drastically different

That actually makes sense, with the switch being shit and all you wouldn't want a collectors version.

Actually we know nothing about the Switch version.

Best buy

>splatoon killed nintyg
anyway, anyone know if my inkling girl amiino will work with any 3ds games?

Git gud.

Just get a good qeapon and some clothes with 4 slots.

/nintyg/ will be fine.
/ink/ has been around for some time.
Besides /nintyg/ is eternal and can not be destroyed.

/nintyg/ died before and it probably can again
im just hoping the rumors about the kirby direct are true

>/nintyg/ is eternal
eternally gaaaaaay llol

Hello BRAINLETS. I've got a puzzle for you. I doubt anyone here can solve it, even though it's really easy!
7297-0000-0347-C304

>salmon run
>controllers die

>salmon run
>you have been loaned the charger

The switch replaces the 3ds.

Im sure the switch will get multiplatform games made for iOS or Android

but the Switch version is the PS4 version

No.

Switch is 480p and ps4 is 1080p

bump post

>3ds recommended games list

What's the game bottom row, second from the right?

Which 3ds fire emblem is a good starting point for beginners?

Awakening if you must, but it's better to start with a GBA Fire Emblem.

Gunman Clive.

Are you retarded? They have the same content, obviously the PS4 is more powerful. The content of the 3DS version is different from the Switch/PS4.

which should i get first: Super Metroid for 3DS, or Blaster Master Zero on Switch?

Have you played SM before? If you haven't get it, if you have go for BMZ.

alright
super metroid it is

Are you retarded or are you just wildly speculating for fun?

>tfw my order of Cave Story+ came in from Amazon, first time to play it
>tfw it came with everything except the actual fucking game card
>tfw going to ship it back for a refund tomorrow
>tfw now have no motivation to ever play Cave Story

Is it still worth it

Cave story is real bad

SNES classic just went up for preorder on walmart, by the way

Fuck off and buy a rpi3

Well you should wait till the classic sprites update is on the eShop so it doesn't matter much.

it was literally confirmed

>suddenly stopped getting streetpasses after consistently getting 2-5 per day
is it possible to get banned from streetpass?

*citation needed

dualshockers.com/dragon-quest-xi-nintendo-switch-square-enix-cant-talk/

Switch version will be neutered due to "Adult Circumstances"

so long as it can release and is playable, i dont give a shit what gets censored
so long as it doesn't reach 4kids-level censorship, i dont care

hahahahaha
enjoy pleb - ill be playing the game the way it was meant to be played on ps4.

Okay I don't usually do this but
are you actually retarded or did /b/ (yes /b/) fry your head that much in your upbringing?
It's obviously some stupid marketing deal by either Nintendo or Sony not your censorship boogeyman.

You can't be serious

but i thought it was the same content?

Ever fuck a slime before?

im retarded
fuck /b/

Its going to be more like - all blood turned into gumdrops to not offend switch demographic.

What does adding stars with X at the end of a race do in MK8 GP?

You mean like MKX?

No, see the 4/6 in the top left? What's it for?

not really sure its been a while since ive played mk8. mkx is just so much more popular.

Saves the highlights.

We drift through the heavens

with acid

Yep. Funded the whole thing via Gamestop trades during their 20% bonus deal. No regrets, especially since I technically got a discount.

It's neat.

You should label them. A, B, C, D, or numbers.

Also, as long as I live: Nintendo General shall live.

;_;7

I got Animal Crossing 3DS, played it for a while, then remembered why I've never stuck with any previous Animal Crossing game either and traded it.

If it's your thing, more power to you, but it's definitely not mine. I'll probably get suckered into buying the next one too; the only one I didn't pick up was City Folk.

So, I was retarded enough to update my old 3DS before homebrewing for the first time. I guess I can't homebrew it anymore, right?

Also, does a DS R4 flashcart still work nowadays with the 3DS?

>Virtue's Last Reward
>snubbing Zero Time Dilemma

Goddamn right.

I mean, rabbit puns.

Is nintendo really doing n64 mini?

I want that. Bad.

I hope so.

I want to say I doubt it, but I doubted the SNES mini too, and here it comes.

Gamecube mini 2020 want.