/LG/ - Lada General

/LG/ - Lada General

Previous thread: Welcome: Cars from ex-Soviet Union, Yugoslavia and the old Communist Bloc.

Get comfy, post experiences, advice and pictures of your commie shitboxes.

>Full list of cars from Soviet Union
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry_in_the_Soviet_Union
>Full list of cars from Yugoslavia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Motor_vehicle_manufacturers_of_Yugoslavia

>What is considered the Communist Bloc?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Bloc

>Importing car to U.S. procedure
cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/importing-car
>Importing car to Canada procedure
tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehiclesafety/safevehicles-importation-other-than-index-446.htm

In this thread only comfy Lada winter aesthetics allowed.

2106 dump

Previous thread

I'm looking to buy a Lada, how much maintenance is to be expected if I have one? How long could I drive every time without having to work on it again?

>Eastern Bloc cars
>comfy
You're American arent you

Lada has a quite smooth ride and soft seats. You could say that they are quite comfy, if you ignore the engine noise.

Just like said. My Lada has better seats than the Citroen I used to drive.
I love to just drive around town going 50 km/h and leaning back.

My 2101 is really comfortable (if you ignore the noise like the other user said). Very soft with a nice slight sway in corners. I love it.

L A D A B O Y S

That is a Moskvitsh Elite also known as Moskvitsh 1500 (Mocквич 2140)
Not a Lada but as good winter car for shitty roads as Lada.

I love the designs of Soviet cars. They are absolutely beautiful to look at.
Boxy cars in general are much nicer imo.

Here is a newer version of that Moskvitsh 2140, Moskvitsh 2140SL. Looks a bit more plasticy as well as turning signal in bumber. I would love to have one of these, but they are quite rare unfortenately.

How 'new' is it? Like, "2107s that still are being produced"-tier?

To be precis. This car is Moskvitsh 412. These were made from 1967 to 1976. I'm not 100% sure about its bumper on it, since it has those black rubber spots, might be later models.
Moskvitsh 2140 production started in the year 1976 and ended in 1988.
Moskvitsh 2140SL started from 1981 and it ended in 1988.

There were a couple GAZ Volga which were produced to the year 2010 but got many upgrades along the way. It's too bad that VAZ-2151 got cancelled as well as VAZ-2107M in favor of just building VAZ-2107.

I bet getting an old Moskvich nowadays is worse than getting a Lada, with all the spare parts and all?

Will the lack of all the spare parts you mean. That's why you buy two or three of them.

How to get a cheap Haynes manual? All the ones I've seen so far have like 20 GBP shipping because I don't live in the UK.

torrent, emule.

That is true. Lada is the car to go if you desire some eastern block car. Moskvitsh is the car that separates boys from me, let alone GAZ Volgas.
Even Lada enthusiasts end up with 3 or even more Ladas just for parts. Once you get one Lada, it is hard to not get another.

Well, there are plenty of Lada spare parts out there. No need for another just for the parts, no?

Today I got officially got my drivers license and drove my Lada for a bit. Oh boy, this car is quite challenging to drive compared to the car I was driving in driving school, especially since it has rained snow the whole day.

эcтeтик

>эcтeтик
coolest picture on the internet

Just use your engine brake and everything will be ok. What Lada is it?

M A D S K I D S

Lada 1200s (VAZ-210510). Well, I suppose driving a bit slowly wouldn't hurt, since I have to get used to its clutch. Every road should be completely covered on ice.
Hell no, you can turn things ugly real quick if you slam on the gas.
What a beauty, especially those wheels.

Do you have those fancy headlight wipers?

where the hell do you find USSR cars in Canada
there's a couple niva for cheap but none of the cars

I always liked that car, here in Chile where sold until 95-96 and still its possible to find one in kinda "good" condition, but i never been able to find out the difference between the models, there is 2103/04/05/06 versions some have these 4 round frontlights, and some are the version with the big square shaped ones, anybody knows if there is a real difference or the importer fucked up with the model numbers?, the only thing that im certain its that the 2107 its the wagon one.

BTW Im thinking on getting one in the future, becuase these things are pretty cheap, you can buy one for 500-1000 USD and swap a Sr20/3sge or something like that into.

My dad owned 2 Samaras back in the 90´s, the first one was a 1300 2 doors, and the electrical system was a nightmare. Sold it and bought a 1500S 4 door "Hatch", always speaks only good things about that car, I only remember that was a comfy square looking car.

No, but I could technically install them since I see this extra mysterious plug near the headlights. They share the same circuit with the wipers and wiper fluid motor, not 100% sure, but I guess you get the idea.
Not sure about that, but I live next to Russia so its quite easy to find them

Noice. My 2106 doesn't even have wiper fluid, lol.

Huh? Don't you have another plastic bottle next to the coolant bottle? In my Lada, it has two pumps as well, one for the windshield and one for the lights (since they both are glass).
As you can see in this picture (I got this image from internet), on the top left corner, you can see the coolant bottle (a bit dark) and next to it, closer to the hood, is the winshield wipe fluid along with two places for the pumps.

So on this picture it's on the top left? I'll check out my car in a sec.

I made a mistake, the windshield liquid bottle should be on the top right corner, right next to the lamp.

Post em

>Washing dry paint

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>Anybody knows if there is a real difference or the importer fucked up with the model numbers?
Often with Ladas, if it is called something like "Lada 1200", then it indicates that it has 1.2 liter engine. By saying casually, that you own a Lada 1200, you might mean Ladas with 1.2 liter engine. Cars that have this engine can be specified by calling them by their numbers. VAZ-2101 is the original Lada 1200 while VAZ-21013 is Lada 1300 but with Lada 1200 engine, and it's called "Lada 1200L". Lada 1200S replaced it. It had the square lamp body, also known as 2105-body.

In this picture, we have a Lada 1200 or VAZ-2101, which ever way you may prefer using. We can recognize it from its front bumber. There are these two rubber spots as well as a hole in the middle of the bumper. This is hole is used to start up the engine via handcrank.

VAZ-2102 or Lada 1200 Combi is a wagon version of the VAZ-2101.

1/3

VAZ-2103 had 1.5 liter engine and 1.3, so that means they are called "Lada 1500S" and "Lada 1300S". These were quite expensive back in the days, almost the price of a western car, while Lada 1200 was cheaper. I speculate that people in my country weren't too keen on getting these "four-eye" cars since they were expensive for a Eastern Block car, and thus they rare compared to Lada 1200.

Lada 1500S had an upgrade to its predecessor,and it seems Lada 1500S may refer to two different models. They both used the same VAZ-2103 engine but the upgraded version had 2105-body, and so they were known as VAZ-21053. Lada 1200S is known as VAZ-21051. It is somewhat logical naming scheme when you start to check the exact numbers. The 21 in the beginning is just Soviet car classification system.

2/3

In this picture, you can see a VAZ-2103 or Lada 1500S. Lada 1300S used the same body as well, and its specific name was VAZ-21033

And finally we get to these, newer bodies. As you can see, in the upper one, we have VAZ-2107 and down below it we have VAZ-2105. The wagon version of these square lamp ones, is based on VAZ-2105 since it has the same grill. You can get VAZ-2107 body with 1.3 liter engine or 1.7 liter engine as well as 1.5 liter one, VAZ-2105 in the other hand you get it with 1.3, 1.2 and 1.5 liter.

I didn't mention VAZ-2106 at all or 1.6 liter Ladas since they are quite rare so I didn't even research them nor is my current information of these Ladas perfect. VAZ-2106 are like VAZ-2103 since they have four rounded lamps as well.

3/3

VAZ-2107 is the most premium Lada there is to the point where it is called the "Siperian Mercedes", compared to the cheap version of VAZ-2105 with VAZ-2101 1.2 liter engine.

PS. I hope this cleared some of your question up. Take your time and do your research. Feel free to correct me if I was wrong.

Hey, sorry for the late reply. This is my 21063's hood.

Would you mind checking where that hose is going? The one which haves the red arrow poiting at it. It should be the one giving liquid either for the front lamps or windshield. In my Lada 1200s, when you pull the windshield wiping switch to yourself, it should activate the pump. You use them the same way as you blink your high beams. Be careful not to break your switches as they are made out of plastic.

I just checked it out. I can't really figure out where the hose is going but pulling the windshield wiping switch just blinks the high beams, nothing else. Maybe refilling it would work? I did see two knobs on the hood that I didn't pay much attention to before, they appear to be sprayers for the wiper fluid.

Thanks for your detailed explanation now everything is more clear. As far I been researching the units for sale these are 1.3L or 1.5, never got the 1.2 and the 1.7. And they registered only by the first 4 numbers so its hard to know wich engine they used without checking the VIN on the paperwork.

repost baka

>you will never be hipster enough to have a Soviet license plate replica on your Lada

who is the girl?

it's me

Dubs seems legit
Can i get more of you?

Do you always dress up like that when washing a car?

PayPal me 5€ and you'll get everything you want bb

Yes, washing my beloved husbando's Žiguli is the most important job as a traditional housewife

that is a zhiguli, only untermensch drive it, the only lada worth having is the 1600

that's funny because the back of my 1600 says zhiguli too

>Beloved
>Asking money for paypal in exchange for everything
Is that the define of love in Russia?