Why do Americans feel that they need huge ass trucks when one of these would suit most of their needs

Why do Americans feel that they need huge ass trucks when one of these would suit most of their needs

Other urls found in this thread:

lefthandutes.com/
youtu.be/vmpCWEAapQY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd love to have an older ute, the problem is they don't fucking sell them here

Culture. You'd get made of for driving a ute

How am I going to intimidate and dominate other drivers with that thing you posted?

I don't like trucks that are low to the ground just seems kinda retarded and i don't like trucks that come in RWD-only.

the Ranger or the Honda-ridgeline is the truck that would actually suit most american needs.

Well, you guys had the el camino and the ranchero but they were discontinued due to low demand

its not a truck. it's a 2 seat coupe wagon without a roof over anything behind the seats

because those look like shit and drive like it too

>its not a truck
That should probably answer your question of why it wouldn't sell here.

If utes are so great why did they stop making them for larger "utes"?
>Chevy badge on a Holden that is a re badged Isuzu
Brandception

Because they don't sell them in the US. I'd love one, but no fun allowed.

By going over 20 in the curve.

I was ready to give them all my money but GM had to go and kill Pontiac.

left hand utes

Because in the US of A better isn't better, bigger is better, and if you question it you're a freedom hating communist.

A commo ute isn't a "better" though, any "truck" that's offered 2WD-only is a shit for most people.

>Paying another car in conversion costs to get something that should just be sold here.

I'd love to have one. Thing is they just don't exist in leafland.

>They don't sell
>The most common argument for owning a truck/SUV is "safety"

That's pretty much it, most people are shit at driving so they compensate by having a fuckhueg vehicle that can take a hit.

Because every "small" truck now looks like a fake super duty
Where the fuck is my new ranger

I've always dreamed of owning a Subaru Baja. I think it'd be funny as hell to drive

For the same reason women now need lifted pavement tanks to pick up their kid(s) from school. They're shit drivers and believe they'll be safer when they inevitably crash into someone or something in a bigger vehicle.

That's so stupid but in a way I love Americans for having this mindset

does holden even exist anymore? lol

Australia
>90% of country is desert
>no snow
>no road salt
>no elevation
>no muddy roads

So yeah of course they're going to make a pickup geared towards desert straights... but hey what do you drive at jobsites? Toyota hilux? Hmmmmm

yes, The Burger mobile will be their Halo car or at least the Halo of HSV.

Because we actually have room for huge ass trucks

because they go mudding and hunting in them and it's easier to go over big stuff
they also dont care if it gets scuffed
and they can probably pull way more weight than that piece of shit cause they're so big and heavy

Because bigger is seen as better.

These are the people that think driving a five ton truck with a ute bed is perfectly acceptable.

I have to occasionally go off road.

I'm not going to lie, these look cool as fuck. Its too bad they are ridiculously impractical.

OH BOY ANOTHER TRUCK THREAD I'M SURE THIS WILL BE CIVIL

Wrong
Wrong.

Ridiculously practical for skipping over the median when pulling out of the gas station.

they stopped making the El Camino in the late 80's I think. sales must have not been that great. I would love a modern SS El Camino

Friend of mine owns one, they really do, he had to do alot of work to get decent power out of it and it handled like a stereotypical American muscle car

This some form of a joke?
Your biggest trucks aren't even B doubles, talk more shit.

>enters traffic circle

CAFE regulations call those cars, so they have to put up with stricter fuel economy standards with the opposite of an aerodynamic body style. Any ute made today would either be anemic or hideously expensive.

America has no need for the road trains like Australia our infastructures more developed across the entire country so those would just be a pain in the ass

>82 wheeler

>900m/litre
>not even 1km/L
fug

BRAAAP

You mean Americans can't handle real trucks on their roads so they make up for it by driving widdle baby "trucks"?

You'll never have a new "ranger." It's all pigfat shit to meet emissions. Better off just getting a half ton and calling it a day

small trucks a best

Things i do with my truck:
Tow my 5000lb boat with 4 people gear and a fave cord of fire wood.
Tow 10-20,000lb equipment trailers.
Tow your mamas sweet ass outta the bar at 2 am and fuck her behind the dumpster.

Things i do with my car:
This is america i only have a truck.

Boats are for fags and europeans

Because they all got 3 mpg

But I'm murican and have a small truck.
WHERE'S UR GOOD NOW

Go back to English class, Jose.

That thing isn't going to handle a 7000lb travel trailer.
No. We have things called freight trains.
Europeans can't afford boats. You're just jelly you can't burn $400 worth of gas a day through a glorious V8 boat.

Or we could like, not feed /int/ shittery that's leaking. You know what this leads to.

I'm white. Thanks for the (you), friend

we have those too, stop trying to defend your lack of real trucks while trying to say Americans like big trucks.

God forbid someone's finger jitter onto a key twice with this cold weather, or autocorrect act up or something.

Serious question, just coming into this thread: Why do road trains exist if regular train tracks also exist? Just works out better logistically than to load onto "smaller" trucks from a regular train?

Take one of those "real trucks" down a mountain pass and see what happens. We can still tow more on a regular licence with regular trucks than you. Have fun needing a CDL for anything bigger than a Hilux.

Because they're retarded. What do you expect from people that put "ies" on everything and are stupid enough to live somewhere like that?

Because we don't fucking have anything other than big fucks to choose from. And 'murica u faggot

Why be confrontational like that? You're just stoking the flames of this shit: I have to assume it's due to long supply lines or something.

In all seriousness some areas don't and building 10,000+km of rail lines to get to those places is a stupid waste of money.
States like Victoria don't allow road trains to enter for an example because they have a somewhat acceptable railway service.
B double is the biggest you will find down there.

I Australia's dark and distant past, there was a horrific battle between twink loving grocery getting Holden sportute driving Aussies and a feral band of Emus...long story short-the twinks lost, and now have tanker trains to venture into Emu controlled 'badlands'...

Hadn't thought about about railway cost and maintenance, but that actually makes a lot of sense. If you didn't abuse lack of labor laws/prison labor/other shit like pioneer 'murica did it gets a lot more expensive to get off the ground.

Yeah that is pretty much it, Americas railroads were pretty much built with slave labour

I find this truck fad to be a travesty.
It seems like the bigger the truck the slower they want to take off from a stop light, as if their gas pedal physically cannot go more than 1/16th of the way down. Most of my encounters with brain dead morons driving 10 under the limit seems to be with Trucks, with the other 50% being old farts in Tauruses and Buicks.
Most of the morons drifting out of their lane seems to be trucks hauling their shitty trailer made out of angle iron, drift wood and go kart tires filled to the brim with random debris, which, of course is not secured properly. God forbid you want to throw your fast, nimble, quick coupe into the twisties and see how your new mods stack up, nope, Cletus can't maintain his lane because his eBay lift kit can't keep up so he ends up drifting in and out of both lanes of travel so you get stuck behind him doing 10 under.

If it's a diesel then Cletus more than likely had all the emissions hardware removed so he can roll coal (I report these faggots to the police, and if I have the time I just follow their large, bumbling, slow container ship with wheels around while reading off the streets to the police, and once they show up and pull Cletus over I just show them my dash cam footage and then watch the fireworks. So far I've gotten two of these hicks ticketed and impounded.)

Seriously. What the fuck happened?

i love these ute threads

V body is probably my favorite looking ute ever

For every 10 honest trucks on the road, a brotrucker faggot noticed them and thought they were cool.

lol opposite problem here in aus.

most big 4wd are toyota troop carriers with big v8 or turbo diesels and they drive 100mph+ everywhere

>Most of the morons drifting out of their lane seems to be trucks hauling their shitty trailer made out of angle iron....etc

Where I'm from, people weave out of their lane on normal mountain roads with no trailers. Older folks cut corners REALLY badly because they are used to older tire technology and don't realize their modern vehicle has several times the grip of the vehicles they learned on. Seems to be true of the car drivers as well, who will just go slower but stay in their lane, the trucks are always seen straddling the yellows or dipping wheels off the pavement.

I usually tolerate work trucks with business names, or if they're hauling actual equipment.
Because they're being productive members of society and using their truck what it was intended for. Other exceptions are for people hauling a boat or camper, because I understand trying to haul a boat or camper with a normal car isn't going to work out too well unless this car has a lot of torque. The vast majority of trucks I see on the road are used as DDs with shiny ball hitches that have never seen a single scratch or an hour of wear and tear. And if it's used as a DD, what's the point of having 300-400hp if you can't use it due to the shitty drag coefficients and the gigantic frontal area? You can't throw it into corners either without having to slam the brakes because it's top heavy.

Power is useful because they're heavy. Think of the new trucks as people kind enough to take the depreciation hit for the people who will actually use them as trucks. Also, you don't have to haul your toys with you all the time.

Maybe if they sold utes here or still sold an alternative we'd drive them, there's the el camino which is old as fuck now and the subaru brat you can hardly find

what can i say except youre facken welcome cunt

lefthandutes.com/

How is Ted never taking his 911 to the track any different? It's almost impossible to use all of a sports car on the streets... The truck is still more practical. Modern trucks are pretty damn quick to 100mph and won't have any issues doubling or tripling the speed limit in the turns.

Holy shit

Doesn't mention the avalanche

better get them before we wrap all the v ve and vf bodies round a pole mate

youtu.be/vmpCWEAapQY

>he doesnt know about America's overland trains

notice the jeep on the first trailer for scale.

>baby trucks

australia has like 3 major cities, of course it makes sense to use road trains. USA has tons of metro areas, so we have more roads and more trucks on them

Because they wouldn't.

This truck fad is an epidemic. Trucker culture created out of retarded american reality tv shows, and hipster country boys. There is nothing worse than retarded truckerfags with their lifted trucks and rolling coal to announce to the world that they're an inbred hick. Not even boyracers in their shitter heavily modded Hondas/Subarus are worse than truckerfags. Even the retards with their rusted out silverados towing unsecured garbage in their trailers are a cancer to this society. Everytime I see a state trooper pull a truck over, America is one step in the right direction.

I TRIED BRO

That's just a big ass truck trying to be a sedan

cute
moar

People drive these to job sites. Try hard 4x4 teenagers drive hilux’s

We use all these road trains because we have fuck-all railways
I have a VFii Ute in this orange. The colour is fukken noice, it’s just dirtynow and still haven’t had a chance to take a good picture. Wanted to get jungle green before they released the 2017 colours.
But just a regular ss without that fuck ugly sports bar

>We use all these road trains because we have fuck-all railways
public transport is for KEKS

u done anything to your ute?

Nothing yet apart from sheepskin seat covers. Also got a subwoofer ready to go in in a few weeks.
But I wanna convert it to lpg and maybe install two tanks in the rear in the future

A lot of work to get decent power out if an LS3 like pic related? What planet are you from?

Why would you post CPRR? At least post an American company.

Pic related
>fucking leafs

I'd use a ute for actual utility and lugging shit around, but they're fucking ugly.

>Australians are so poor they can't afford real trains

LOL!

Who would be the main drivers of utes if they were sold in America?

Mexicans?

straight lpg injected style or blow through ?guys a mong i got 240rwkw out of a stock ls1

>diesel power
>ford ranger

>Americans are so bad at cornering they need tracks to make sure their goods arrive

Sad!

LOL