So, you're in a position where you HAVE to buy a crossover or suv

so, you're in a position where you HAVE to buy a crossover or suv
any age, brand, price

what do you get?

>personally i get a cpo macan turbo, that thing can corner like it's a lowered hatchback

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/k62gW3Se5e0
youtube.com/watch?v=N9INWbm43co
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the OG X5 was rather nice

Magnetic ride Suburban RST with a turbo kit.

2018 Ford Explorer Platinum.

I was in this position because all the cars i owned was either 30+ years old or 2 door imports and I had a baby on the way. My wifes car got totaled by a redlight running fuckhead when she was 7 months pregnant (the kid was alright though). So we needed to get a new car and the wife wanted something she didnt have to bend over so much to put the baby in. We ended up getting a jeep liberty because the ride height is high enough we can reach into the car without having to bend all the way over (we are both tall) and it is short enough to be easy to park while still having a decent behind the seat area for our dogs. The other car we were looking at hard was a honda oddessy for the storage space in the back. Just make sure if your in that position you still keep a fun car or bike for fun drivong. The liberty is comfortable but its still boring to drive when you are used to carving through the twisties.

Probably a volvo XC60. It's not made to go fast or be exciting anyway, so I might as well be super comfy. Looks good as well

3rd gen Bronco

It will trigger most of Veeky Forumsfags and the owners of the supercar cuz it is a fucking fast SUV with the best handling (thanks to Porsche engineering).

I'd go for a 35-inch converted Land Cruiser

There are three: a like-new ‘89 Caravan Shadow (turbo i4 w/5-speed manual), a top-trim Suburban with a supercharger kit and z71 package, or a Porsche Panemera.
Possibly a Cherokee TrackHawk, but I haven’t driven one.

Mazda cx3 or cx5.

Maybe a porsche cayenne w/ the VR6 and a head spacer and boost, cause that sounds like fun and VR6 maintenance is cheap.

4M41 Pajero, assuming it qualifies as an SUV

Range Rover or Land Cruiser, so it's at least useful to make up for being a fat piece of shit.

Range Rover. Go big or go home.

XC90 T8

This, I'd buy a RR if I had the money anyway

Amerifat neverstop...

i lost

I'm with OP on this one, Macan Turbo

A6 allroad quattro wagon. It has an air lift system and was the first xar-car to complete a land rover test course.

Grossovers are fucking cancer

SUVs are okay, but kinda rare these days.
All cuckovers are cancer and the owners should be gassed.

I'd go for a Squarebody Suburban and stick a turbo Cummins or a blown big block under the hood.

Can I buy a fully loaded Bentayga, then sell it and buy a couple normal cars and a house?

at least post the new one that got cured of conjunctivitis

>cayenne vr6
got some details? first i'm hearing about this

the turbo is nice but imo, get the slowest macan with the tightest suspension you can. slow car fast

>can corner like a lowered hatchback
>Because it is a lowered hatchback
Kys

>any age, brand, price

i guess the only answer to that question is Bentley Bentayga

Whatever brand I currently work for. Right now an Infiniti FX45/50. Literally a G35/37 sedan with more room and a fucking V8

Take C-HR, then lower it.

G Wagon

pre facelift 200 land cruiser with the 5.7 or a first gen w12 touareg/2nd gen with the 4.2 if i'm paying for upkeep

>so, you're in a position where you HAVE to buy a crossover or suv

What kind of fucking stupid faggot willingly puts themselves into this position?
>hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i'm single with a well paying job
>better buy an expensive rock for this whore and make sure she'll always be mooching off me!!!!111!!!!
>for good measure lets have a fuck trophy or multiple!!!!1!!!!1!!!!!!!!!11!!!!

OR a west-coast-customed 110 defender

One of these, or a dodge raider/mitsubishi pajero with a stick.
If it had to be new right now I would look at the new jeep diesel with a stick.

Goddamn that's nice.

The "V6" in Cayennes is just a VR6 with a different intake. I know for at least 1st and 2nd gens that's true, not sure about currents.

>already dd a first gen ram
fuckin easy. Ramcharger nigga

That's gross man, atleast go cayenne. It's one of the few crossovers that are good offroad.

Manual-transmission Wrangler so I can go offroading, something no car can do

my gf drives one of these, fucking comfy.

is vr6 a shared VAG engine?

If old, try to find an amc eagle. If new, look into what I can do to increase the suspension travel and ride height on a subaru crosstrek or a juke. Maybe see about lowering a mazda cx-3, too.

I don't think very far into crossovers.

2001 ML55 AMG

Ford Escape
2.0 ecoboost
Focus ST stage 2 tune
>poor mans RS

something practical and timeless looking with a nice sounding v8

i just want to cruise comfortably with whoever i'm carrying with a burbly v8 hurrdurring away in the background

I dunno, a gla45? It's basically the sti hatch that Subaru refused to make.

oh fuck that's a good pick

If you have that much fuck you money why not get the one with portal axles?

Why the fuck would you want a manual offroad?

Suburban, Dodge Durango SRT, Ford Explorer 3.5l tt

most expensive one so I can sell it and buy a proper vehicle

A Ford Territory
>more of a raised wagon than traditional SUV
>handles similar to a car
>has the legendary 4.0 Inline 6 turbocharged Barra engine

If I'm not paying for maintenance then I'd be happy with the older Touareg model that comes with the V10 diesel, fuck tons of torque and great interior. A new V8 one would also be pretty good, and it would most likely have newer features.

one of those or a ford bronco, inernational scout, traveler or travelall.

or a first generation 4runner. hell maybe even an early rav 4

Because there is not a single situation where automatic is better than manual.

>inb4 muh traffic
Cry me a river, I dd manual in traffic every day, it's not an issue.

Nissan Patrol

1992 Geo Tracker

Shared as much as any other engine in the VAG lineup. Most things are just a variation of the base VW engine.

ill have an old school Gelandewagen...

First gen was great. The current gen is okay, but absolutely everything is electric, turn signal stalk, shifter, e-brake, etc. Feels too detached

That stupid AMG GLA or a Macan S

You're actually serious? Stop thinking about traffic or any street driving wisdom, you want the automatic for the torque converter. It holds you on inclines, keeps you from breaking grip, and converts torque when needed. This is a physical system, a manual transmission will always be worse regardless of skill because you will always be reacting to the forces instead of acting from the forces.

muh nigguh

because you can't actually drive it

this is the dumbest post of the day

V10 TDI Touareg, or the W12.

youtu.be/k62gW3Se5e0

Porsche Cayenne Turbo - offroad. The stock Porsche beats Jeep Rubicon with $50k mods.
youtube.com/watch?v=N9INWbm43co

Mercedes-Benz GLC 43 AMG

Its a g fucking wagen
Fucking fat american retards...

Only acceptable answer for me.

I haven't read one good review of these things

3rd gen rav4 and use it for rally

i think most crossovers would be pretty cool if they were lowered. it'd at least make them look longer

Then they'd be station wagons. So yea, I guess you're right.

Not anywhere near as dumb as the guy off-roading in manual. It’s widely accepted that torque converters are superior for off-roading. Your boyracer fantasies need not apply.

You always spam this misleading video, but the cayenne is a great SUV so I don't mind. There are a few crossovers that are good offroad, because they were designed to go off-road. Cayenne can do everything atleast well.

Everyone is wrong except this guy

>misleading video
>bad/inexperienced driver, who is afraid of fucking up his stock Porsche despite it can do anything heavily modified Jeep Rubicon does.
I agree. We need to find a skilled driver in that Porsche SUV.

ML63 with an aftermarket exhaust.

Is the subaru crosstek good enough for daily driving/non paved roads/light offroad use?

Please be serious

Preferred color pic related

Just saw you in the subaru thread. Also, I came here to post Crosstrek.

Is that the silver used on the wrx? In your other picture it looked teal

I messed it up. I thought this was light blue

an Yuropoor can dream

>that wheelarch

This

A crv, rav4 or forester if I had to get one due to a new member of the family or something. I wouldn’t be thinking “performance” at all, just practicality and reliability.

>he works for shitfiniti
sorry for your lot m8

I'm gonna say yes
I had an old Subaru sedan that worked fine for light offroading and the Crosstrek is definitely gonna be more capable than that

The Macan is good, too. For my use case it would be perfect, and I'm thinking about getting one in the next year or two.

If someone else is paying the bills, Cayenne Turbo S. If it is me paying, Skoda Yeti or a CRV

Yeah. The only problem is that it's desperately underpowered. It's not meme underpowered like the 86, it's legitimately underpowered to the point where trying to overtake someone on a two lane is a bad idea unless there's no traffic coming the other way for a mile. Subaru doesn't seem to be interested in fixing it by throwing the 2.0 turbo in.

I have never driven one, but I have helped at least 5 that I have found stuck. Most of the time it's either driven by college girls or older greying men, so that might have something to do with it. I would just stick to dirt roads in it

An Insurgent from GTA made into real life.

Probably won't fit into garages but will definitely allow me to travel safely anywhere.

DAS TORK