Anybody else nervous about the stock market? The problem is that it keeps inching higher and higher...

Anybody else nervous about the stock market? The problem is that it keeps inching higher and higher, but doesn't really break out. It took a long time to break 20K, and it's still bobbing around...it feels more and more like we're close to the top. The problem is what happens after we hit the top. Here's a link to the CAPE index...when you get this high, the drops can be truly breath-taking.

multpl.com/shiller-pe/

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/terms/v/vix.asp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

buy gold and bitcoin in the coming months i have insiders telling me it will shoot up to 10k $ a bitcoin right after the crash

>bitcoin
>insiders

Market is based on future cash flows & expectations.

There's no reason why it shouldn't be going up under an overwhelmingly republican congress & pro-business president.

Dow will continue to go up, despite decreased earnings across the board. Yellen will dump another 1 Trillion into the economy in the next QE phase to keep the stocks propped up. Get the fuck out now and put your money in bitcoin. It's going to be a bloodbath once QE stops.

bitcoin has no utility. Ether is about to eat its lunch pretty soon. You better get your buttcoin transfered over to eth soon or you will be sitting on a pile of worthless crypto.

I sold my AMD before the big drop and I'm selling off anything i don't intend to have in 3 years.

the end is near

the drop is coming.

terrorists with nukes & deregulation of markets will bring the DOW to its knees

not in that order though

So what you're saying is to go all in TVIX?
Count it done

if would be cool to see full on anarcho capitalism.

would that be good for ETH?

Yes

>Almost 10 years of market growth
>Interest rates almost 0
>Student loan bubble
>Unpredictable president

I'm putting money in the stock market for the first time in my life, and a little worried about a serious tank in the next 3 years.

>Buffet says we aren't in a bubble
>Also says markets can still fall when there aren't bubbles
>Nothing definite is warranting this bullish market behavior
I suck at investing but I guess the best you can do is dump more into cash than usual in case it goes south

>buffet literally asked to step in 08 to bring faith back to markets right during early stages of the crash

how does it have no utility? can you not cash it out in a different currency?

I agree with this user.

I am trimming my portfolio. My main thing I am removing is things with high PE ratios that I dont think are worth it (ie, I think Amazon is worth its high PE ratio, but not Snap or T-Mobile)

Why are you nervous about the stock market? You probably have 30 or 40 years until you have to retire

>it feels more and more like we're close to the top
>feels
>feels
>feels
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwnd this is EXACTLY why biz is so poor.

Investing is not about buying low and selling high. It is about the accurate prediction of which direction the market will move.

A rising market is bad if you predicted a recession is coming and shorted.

A falling market is good if you predicted the recession and shorted.

Hence, you are nervous...not because you think the market is unstable and prone to falling, but because you have no clue what you're doing.

In 2014 They were saying a correction is due...
In 2015 They said that a correction was due...
In 2016 They said valuations are starting to look scary and a correction is die...
In 2017 They said the crash will be coming soon...
In 2018 They said The crash in almost here and valuations cant keep going up forever...

I guess the only solution is to look beyond a potential recession and go further long term. Things people need and will advance the progression of the human race are likely to increase in value in the long term. The basket of goods will change in the medium term but the human will for improvement and survival will always ensure growth of the ongoing trend of the market. At least until a legitimate environmental disaster. But the implication is that the market should self-correct into renewables.

imagine being in your mid 20s with zero money to your name. You're fucked. No chance of buying a house or living a life.

there was a correction at the beginning of 2016 retard

Protip: Watch VIX for incoming market corrections

Look at the indicators at the bottom of this graph that is VIX compared to dow, nas, and s&p. If you don't know what VIX is read this:
>investopedia.com/terms/v/vix.asp

look like drop for DOW coming tomorrow

Don't "invest" money you need to live a life in the short term. This is the first thing they teach you about personal finance.

(not true, by the way)

Stfu eth shill

I would probably benefit if stock prices crashed.

even if you're stupid and only buy at all time highs you'll still see a return if you hold for the rest of your life. Just hold and buy any market corrections.

I'm not too keen on looking at the short term of the stock market, so I've been building up my portfolio in ETFs and starting a small reserve of silver. It's a long term plan that I can only hope works out.