KIA Stinger BTFO

>Daily reminder that for 50k you get a KIA which performces on the same level as the Ford Focus and the Mazda Miata but has twice the horsepower
How can stinger shills ever recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

kia.com/us/en/content/technology/uvo/uvo-models/uvo-eservices
stingerforum.org/threads/remote-start-uvo-or-addon.1184/
youtu.be/EMbvmpmx3MI
youtu.be/7SzjTtCnJy8
kiastinger.org/pdf/2018_Stinger_OM_sm.pdf
kia.com/us/en/vehicle/stinger/2018/features
kia.ca/stinger?sourceid=old-nav
kia.com/us/en/content/technology/overview
stingerforum.org/threads/which-missing-feature-was-most-important-to-you.1264/
stingerforum.org/threads/what-version-of-uvo-does-the-stinger-have.1216/
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiacanada.uvo&hl=en
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubivelox.hkmc.tm2.ics&hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>pre-production
opinion discarded

Hi Kia shill, you did a good job cuz of Good luck on making Stinger successful.

Will the shilling finally end? Who would pay $40k for a meme car from a brand that's basically the budget version of Hyundai. Interior looks like ass, car is fat and slow despite muh turbos.

It took you 17min this time to find the thread and defend you’re loved Stinger. Com‘on, you can do better and you know it.

No one will. It's honestly an interesting car but there are two types of people buying high power sedans. People who don't care about the money and will buy a BMW or Mercedes and be way happier, or the people who do care about money and will buy the same BMW or Mercedes used and a couple years old. I don't see a market for the Stinger.

>slower than the 2016 2.0l Camaro

>mfw wife works at Kia and always talks about the stinger
>mfw sending this to her
>mfw my second gen Frankenstein peiced together camaro is probably faster too, for sure faster in a straight line

> 4.4 sec 0-60
> 12.8 sec 1/4 mile
Is your rust bucket faster than that?

> (pre-production)
Bitches can’t read.
Wait until they run the US spec. Randy Pobst himself said it’s at least a second faster.

>Making up numbers

Then where's the video? Oh wait. It doesn't exist

Well it definitely stops faster than me

i dare you to try drifting the FERD and i dare you to try to take your friends clubbing with the miata

>the real question is, are you:
flamboyant? ------miata
boring as fuck?-------ferd
stupid/cheap?--------kia

You can't drive the Stinger either. Never off stability control

Not sure I see the market for this. Wouldn't someone be more likely to go for a BMW or Mercedes, or an Acura? Who wants the Kia badge?

The model with the V6 engine starts at $43,250 and the fully trimmed GT2 is just short of $50K, not including the delivery fee.

>seat memory is only in the $49,000 model
>heated steering wheel is an option even on the $49K model
>no remote start
what the fuck? why have a premium pricepoint if you're not going to include premium features in that pricepoint?

There is an app on your phone to do the remote starting.

At least in the US it's listed as a dealer installed accessory and the website makes no mention of an app that can remote start.

>The advanced technology of the Remote Start offers the convenience of enabling you to remotely start your Kia up to 500 feet away.

> making up numbers
Car and Driver got a 4.4 sec and a 12.9 sec out of it.

And AutoAdvice from Aussieland got a 12.78 sec out of it.

I think with a few mods the stinger could beat a Miata. Mainly due to the numb and uninspiring feel of the stinger when stock

Yes you can. You just have to hold the button down for three seconds and it turns off. Randy Pobst displayed this in his video of the Stinger GT.

C&D also got 17mpg

What you're reading is Randy saying that even though tc is turned off, it's not really fully off

All GT models have heated steering wheels. And and UVO system allows you to link it to your smartphone and remote start the engine for a duration of your choosing, turn on the heated steering wheel, turn on the headed/cooled seats, turn on the heater/AC, and adjust the temps for all of these... and from any range. You don’t have to be in any proximity of your car to do any of this.

This is only an option for people without smart phones or if you just want to shill out $600 just to not use your phone.

I can visably see Randy showing people how to turn it off. And he gets it sideways with no traction control or stability system kicking in.

Perhaps what they are referring to in the mag is that it kicks in when you push it’s limits for too long so you don’t fuck anything up.

>kia.com/us/en/content/technology/uvo/uvo-models/uvo-eservices
>stinger isn't listed

stingerforum.org/threads/remote-start-uvo-or-addon.1184/
>It's an addon, well, in the states anyway. There's no option for remote start on the Stinger via UVO. You can get it added through your dealership or a 3rd party vendor.
Also not in the Australian Stingers, apparently it is in the Canadian Stinger models standard via UVO.

ok so you are boring as fuck because you enjoy driving your ferd hatchback in sport mode, perfect for when you try to FWD drift

or you could get the miata but only take one friend with you

OR
the best choice would be the frs (with first gen nose) because its a 4 seater (sorta) and its rwd with 4cyl and like 30k and doesnt look like a cuckbox

So it doesn't ever turn off like I said. Got it.

or he is reading an outdated magazine that he got off the gas station shelf last month and not the most current known information

or hell he coulda just faked the whole thing it wouldnt be the first time someone made a thread not liking something then posted lies about that thing within the thread

I hope the stinger fail and put a big dent on Kia as a company hopefully they go bankrupt and then they can go back to gookland

kia is the fastest growing brand and you live in a fantasy if you think there is even the slightest chance any of that will happen

you dont know this but the reason people dont like leases is because kia used to be the loan issuer for leased vehicles and because boomers are fucking retards they signed their life away leasing shitty kias in the early 90s

I don't think it's going to be bad for the company. Stinger will be a Mediocre car at worst, not a financial disaster. It's just Kia testing their waters in "performance." Failure for Kia would actually be okay, while failure of a Honda or Toyota car would mean a huge reputation hit.

Let's remember that Kia's primary market is economy cars.

It's the December 2017 mag you retard. Means your Randy motor trend videos are older and outdated

its clear as day you are lieing

Or I could just buy a 10 year old Cadillac that has the same performance or a 10 year old Chrysler that's larger, heavier and still out handles the Stinger.

>v6 cadillac
>dodge

honestly i dont really like the stinger but its definitly cooler and better equipped than either of those

>v6 cadillac
That's a 6.0 V8 you stupid namefag

>benchracers
>lap times

Things that don't matter in the real world, stupid nerds

A Kia Rep here in the States said we’ll have it.

> this faggot works at 7/11

So you're citing different sources at the same time?

1st gen CTS-V had the 5.7L LS6 from the C5 Z06. The 6.0L you're referring to was in the C6 Corvette and updated GTO.

2006-2007 has the LS2 retard

It is no surprise... Car and Driver called the crappy handling out in their review.

> b-b-bu-but we hired some (((literal who))) from some place called germany...

>checking mobile
>all Stinger GT‘s are around 49-55k €
Wtf KIA? I get a Mercedes C43amg or BMW 340i for this price here in Germany. Why the fick should someone buy a KIA for this price?

nope. it is another K900-- an absolute sales failure.

it is a mediocre entry in an established, competitive field. it is way overpriced to be coming from the budget division of a low cost provider brand.

>A Kia Rep here in the States said we’ll have it.
accept my sympathies.

Are you saying that it can’t get a 12.8 sec?

Still slower than the Stinger GT.

> mentioned that it wasn’t as good as it’s $65k German competitors
> faggots take that as “it’s shit”
I guess you can’t even afford shitty handling cars.

> basic bitch Bimmers and a C43
lol, Germans don’t know how importing works in their country.

Except it’s been selling really well in the last two weeks it’s been released.

>BMW 340i
>Basic bimmer
This basic bimmer shits on your beloved shitbox every day eternal-Stinger-shill

>selling really well in the last two weeks it’s been released.
employee / internal sales. same as K900.

being coerced into buying it is not the same as people wanting it.

I'm saying 2/3 of the times cited in this thread say no. And who the fuck has ever heard of AutoAdvice?

Also, you can get a later supercharged CTS-V for less than a Stinger GT2. Or just H/C/I the older one for less money and still have a faster and infinitely better sounding car that's not a Kia.

> 3-series anything
Sounds poor.

> muh used caddy
Uh-huh. If you like being poor and shilling our for all those cast internals when they shatter on either the LS2 or LSA.

>totally avoids backing up his 12.8 claim from some no name stat tracker
>thinks that lambda engines don't have cast internals

JFC shill, get your shit together. Also, those C&D times you're quoting are for the AWD version and MT tested the RWD version. No shit C&D got better drag times.

What ever you say KIA shill :^)

Kia shills are fucking sad.
They will never be able to have Italian Passion.

>a entire second faster
>same level

>who wants the Kia badge?
non-badgewhores?

>remote start
for what purpose?

a nice car with remote start is fucking fantastic

>when its cold out, defroster runs, heated steering wheel starts, heated seats start, rear defroster starts
>if just cool, it starts the process of conditioning the cabin
>if just warm, it starts the process of moving air around the cabin and bringing in air from outside the cabin/cycling hot cabin air out
>if it's hot, it turns on the blower full blast to circulate the stale hot air out of the cabin while also starting the fan for cooled seats and running the air through the vents to cool the seat leather

Integrated factory installed remote start is fucking amazing, and a dealbreaker on purchasing a brand new vehicle for me.

Do you not have a garage? And how often do you use remote start when not at home?

>literally slower than the fucking Focus

Kia shills in full damage control

I never experienced that, maybe it's one of those functions you never use until you have them, and then you can't live without.
Where I live is pretty hot, so heated seats/wheel are rare to come by.

Nor they will able to produce such beautiful commercials:

youtu.be/EMbvmpmx3MI

Apartment and a carport right now, and I use remote start often on the go. Especially in the summer, if you remote start the vehicle as you're walking back to it (from a friends house, store, work, etc.) it takes the leather from "burn the shit out of you" to comfortable to sit on, and makes everything comfortable.

Even in the winter, if you start the car as you approach it, resistive heat in the steering wheel and seats warms them up pretty quickly, even if the engine temp/colder air temp won't permit immediate warming of the cabin, it makes it a lot more bearable.

The heated seat + steering wheel are great, but not necessarily that great depending on your climate.

The cooled seats + air running is pretty great though, modern cars can start exchanging for cool air in the cabin pretty immediately, and the 30s of you walking to the car cools down leather seats a lot.

Your knowledge of automobiles is the only thing that sounds poor.

No they aren’t. They are of the RWD version. The AWD version is actually slower due to being heavier and having more power loss through the drivetrain.

And here is your source for the 12.8 sec from caradvice, since you evidently don’t know how to work google.

youtu.be/7SzjTtCnJy8

Why not get a 5-series?

Pre-production are always ringers.

We don’t have to be in damage control when people are comparing the K-Spec pre-production Stinger instead of the US spec production one.

Pffsh. I know more than you could ever hope to image, younling.

>slower than the base model 4cyl Camaro
Korea really just needs to stick to electronics

Can you imagine being Korean? I mean think about it for a moment. Your culture, up until the 1940s, was being a breeding facility for Imperial Army cannon fodder and comfort women. After that, half of your countrymen fell for the communism meme and attacked the other half, leading to a savage war that split the country in half to this day. Korea only exists because it is propped up by other countries that actually have histories to be proud of. If it weren’t for them, the peninsula would have torn itself apart and faded into the irrelevance of some South American country, without even the comfort of a relatively attractive sounding language. And now as they try to claw their way out of the pit of simply being Korean, their car industry, much like other exports of theirs, are only known for one thing. They have not the German reputation for fine engineering, nor the soul-stirring passion of the Italians. They lack the crisp precision and reliability of the Japanese and the cozy comfort of the British. They can’t even boast the mad quest for untamed power that often dominates American automaking. At the end of the day, the only quality that Korea can hope for to set their cars apart is this: they are cheap. The Stinger is not. This one critical flaw is why it is doomed, like so many other dreams from Korea’s past, to mediocrity.

>We don’t have to be in

(((We))))?

So, you either are schitzo or you are part of an entity. Corporate entity, perhaps? Based in Asia?

Sad that you guys need to push this thing so hard. It has already been weighed and measured and found lacking. Falling back to oh-you-get-more-for-less will only sell to the wannabes. No enthusiast with any type options will go for it. Not at $50,000. Not at $40,000. Not even at $30,000.

Good luck Mr. Marketing shill.

This.

Paying for a remote start is just retarded if a smartphone app is available.

Why does everyone on Veeky Forums care so much about the stinger?

If your pre-production model compares badly to a Focus, I've got bad news for you.

The Stinger WILL be the performance bargain of the century! You will all feel the wrath of South Korean muscle!!!

Kia's first attempt at a decent sport sedan, and it seems affordable too. Personally the extra "sport" bits on the exterior look gauche

wait a sec. some of those are geo storm numbers.

see and the other guys response is just
>kia rep says we'll get it
Despite the manual, the brochure, the build-a-car tool, and owner's forums all saying the US MODEL OF THE CAR DOESN'T EVEN HAVE IT.

yep. poor person confirmed,

> at least a second faster
> a entire
> can’t even English

Remote start is heavenly when you have cold ass leather.

Even garages get cold. And all the time.

Not the full production model which is faster than the pre-production.

The full production model is significantly faster.

And yet it’s selling.

Because it’s btfo of their beloved basic bitch bimmers.

That bmw is going to get even more btfo when the full production numbers come out?

Of the century? No. Bargain performance sedan of the decade? Definitely.

> manual
Cite source.
> brochure
Cite source.
> owner’s forums
You mean the sites of people who know nothing and have been speculating for months on what is and isn’t available? Yeah, that’s credible.

It has UVO. It has it. There are videos on YouTube of North American dealership showing it off on the Stingers.

Get the fuck outta here.

>pre-production
>comparing your car to cars that are at least 2 years older

Why even shill on a messageboard like this?
Do you get paid well?
Did you buy one and now have buyer's remorse and this is your way of compensating for it?

> not even OP here but...
> basic bitches can’t learn to read

it's painfully obvious you haven't spent enough time on this website
I did however reply to the wrong post, meant to click the Kia shill

Thats 3 seconds slower than a chevy SS. thats a real comparison.

> since 2006
No amount of lurkingore will help you.
Learn to fuck off more.

And yet the full production Stinger GT is faster than the SS.

50k is a fair stretch, you can buy the V6 TT for less than that in Ausfagland

top fucking kek. how can kia shills ever recover? stinger forever BTFO lel.

>can't greentext
>can't English
>claims to be from 2006
do you seriously expect anyone to believe you

> preproduction
> 0-60 in 4.8 sec
> 1/4 in 13.2 sec
> slower than the full production US spec
> 0-60 in 4.4 sec
> 1/4 in 12.8 sec

This faggot doesn’t understand what greentext means.

Get the fuck outta here newfag.

You know, it's really easy to pick out all your posts because you consistently fail to adhere to simple rules established over the years here.
This makes it really easy to see you're the Kia shill, which would completely fit you being new here.
For some further proof as to how it's easy to see you're new, you had no idea that one of the posts in that chain was from a different poster.
Not to mention the amount of IPs in this thread points to enormous amounts of samefagging, which is, once again, really easy to blame you for for aforementioned reasons.
Got any tough guy responses for that, shill?

>lost to a 2013 Focus
>not even an RS
>a fucking ST
holy fuck this thing is a meme

>manual
kiastinger.org/pdf/2018_Stinger_OM_sm.pdf

>brochure
online via
kia.com/us/en/vehicle/stinger/2018/features
no mention of remote start.

now if you look at my image in this post (left) this is from
kia.ca/stinger?sourceid=old-nav

Kia canada. note the "remote" button on the UVO intelligence app screen on the phone.
note the lower part of the image from the US site. even the advanced models with uVO eservices in the US don't list remote start as a feature, nor does the app appear exactly the same.
kia.com/us/en/content/technology/overview

note that the stinger is not labeled for uvo eservices, just UVO.

now people in the US that either already own or have already bought the car in the US have expressed disappointment towards missing the UVO remote start:
stingerforum.org/threads/which-missing-feature-was-most-important-to-you.1264/

stingerforum.org/threads/what-version-of-uvo-does-the-stinger-have.1216/
>Apparently that depends on where you buy it at. It seems the Canadians get the remote start via UVO stuff, US does not.

the US is aftermarket. there are vehicle differences in equipment, even in the same continent. for instance, a 2015 Toyota Corolla in the US has a far different (and better looking) instrument cluster. want to know how I know? because I rented both in the same trim level from hertz in Canada and the US.

if you get far enough north in the US (certain states) or go to Canada, an engine block heater is an automatic inclusion on many cars, whereas if you order it from a non-listed state (like IL, MN, etc.) it doesn't come with an engine block heater. this isn't even a paid option on most cars, it's just based off of owner (if ordered custom) or dealer (if ordered for retail0 location.

>There are videos on YouTube of North American dealership showing it off on the Stingers.
you mean brantford Kia? Brantford Kia at www.brantfordkia.ca? they are in brantford, ontario.

here
forgot my image

UVO intelligence is a canada exclusive app
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiacanada.uvo&hl=en
>With the UVO app you can:
>1. Remotely start your vehicle

note that the app is published by Kia Canada inc.

versus uVO eservices
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubivelox.hkmc.tm2.ics&hl=en
>published by Kia Motors
>totally different user interface
>no remote start option

sorry bruh, but for whatever reason the US and australia missed out on the new version of UVO. There is remote start in the north american market, but only on vehicles sold/operated in Canada. models built for US delivery don't have remote start.

> thinking someone only replies to only one person at a time
> thinking that I give a fuck if any of them are the samefag
> thinking you’re “ways that have been established for years” means shit to an oldfag
Alright, you think I’m not an oldfag... then tell me... back when google was surpassed by the sheer power of the construction of the LHC, what did Moot rename the site as and what was the motto of Veeky Forums at the time? And give a significant reason to why he did all this.

>mfw I sell cars
>mfw all the horse shit the KIA shills spew in these threads is exactly the stuff I usually say
>mfw I have no face