Reminder, these two brands will never reach the success of Japanese car brands...

Reminder, these two brands will never reach the success of Japanese car brands, and anyone that says otherwise is a gook shit shill.

Hyundai has been in the US market for 31 years, can you name a single notable car that has come from their company?

Toyota entered the US market in 1957, how many great cars can you name that toyota, or any other Japanese automaker made that entered the US later than 1957 released between then and 1988?

There is literally no reason to buy garbage korean cars, all of their competitive models with honda and toyota cars are within $1500, who is so poor that they are willing to take 40% depreciation over a few years to buy a shitty korean car when you can buy a jap gawdmuhseen for $1500 more and have excellent resale value, and a better car?

>m-muh seven 7 warrenty
if your product was any good, you wouldn't even need a warrenty. Worst korea also has literally no car culture and has to try and copy the bloated corpse of honda and toyota in order to seem relevant.
They should be making cars that compete with the versa on price, not trying to fight with BMW and Mercedes by making fucking KIA badged luxury cars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3Y-Gdz6N-dU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>they have a back lot filled with 2015 and 2016 models they can't get rid of literally right next to their plant
lmao

>Implying anyone doesn't buy these used after the sweet 40% depreciation hits
Lmao kid.

it's funny how you think japs are better at making cars than gooks
japs just have more experience but in the end they both make the same shit

You might be too young to remember but people said literally the exact same shit about Japanese manufacturers decades ago
Stop being a retarded fanboy, more competition is always a good thing

>literally have yet to make a single notable car in 31 years of business in the US market

Here's a better thread idea:

How the fuck can we fix Kia and Hyundai to make them somewhat competitive? I want to see them do better, as with all companies, but they all seem too pants on head retarded to come up with decent cars.

>inb4 shill for gooks

I hate both companies for their shitass cars. I want to like cars across all companies.

Plus Hyundai and Kia actually make rear wheel drive cars. The only RWD Honda sells in America is the NSX, and even that uses their normal v6. Kyundai at least tries. The civic type r is the only other performance model in Hondas lineup. Honda is just cuckboxes now.

Your idea of a notable car is a meme machine featured in a Vietnamese tapestry about delivering tofu

They really need to be undercutting the competiton by like $3000 at least and should have a super cheap $10k-$12k semi reliable poorfag mobile to compete with the versa.

NSX is AWD now. Honda doesn't sell a RWD car in North America

>He hasn't heard of the Genesis Coupe, which BTFO's all of Toyotas current lineup on a track

>He hasn't heard of the 370z which btfos Toyota and gook shit on the track.

>cherry picking one meme out of dozens of notable vehicles

>*Moves goalposts from being notable to beating a 370z on a track*
Pshh, nothin personnel kid

>d-d-does't count!

It does count since it is a notable car, but there are lots of notable cars that the japanese sold here that build up their repuation as good companies, rather than being in anime.

>accord
>civic
>corolla
>camry
>toyota t-100's
>datsun 240
>supra
>nissan mini trucks
etc etc, most of all the line ups really

Those have all been around and have been good for decades as well. Korean cars have only been half decent for the last decade and are finally starting to get good now
The Genesis cars are already better than whatever the fuck Acura's doing, and of the former BMW head working on them is to be believed they're gonna leave out gimmicky shit and focus on making a car that'll last a long time instead of falling apart
We can only hope that thinking trickles down to their economy cars as well. People are already saying the new i30 is a great little car, but time will tell

The modern Honda variants of this are cuckboxes compared to the 08-12 variants. The Toyota versions are literally only known because you can treat them like shit and they won't break. The sporty models on this list haven't been made since late 90s or older.

top kek I didn't even know the car existed holy shit what is that price

I was using Toyota as the earliest example, 31 years from when they entered the US market to 1988. Honda came into the market in 1970 yet still has many notable cars in only 18 years between then and 1988. Hyundai and Kia still are meh at best and it's been 30 years. Hyundai has been a company since 1947, and started making cars in 1967.

I never said modern jap cars are nothing but cuckboxes, I specifically said that the japanese did a hell of a lot more in the 30 years between 1957 and 1988 than hyundai and kia have done since they entered the market in 1986

The Japanese also had American manufactures hold their hands for quite a while giving them a head start

I'm not even a Gook car fan but holy shit stop sucking nip cock. Those cars you're worshipping are all rust buckets by now

Don't matter. Still better than most domestic piece of shit.

>ae86
>supra
>mr2

So three cars pre-2010? Everything else is mediocre at best. Even their trucks are overshadowed by the American competition. When you think "pickup truck" you think f150 or RAM. Not Tundra or Tacoma. At least if you live in America.

As for Honda

>civic
>prelude
>nsx

Two of which are glorified shitboxes and the other is a psuedo supercar that had a modern iteration that was overpriced and garbage. I'll admit the original nsx was awesome but the new one is shit.

Im only enough to remember when those 80s cars came out and even I know they were overshadowed by American car culture because Americans thought Japanese was cheaply built and unreliable, and it was till the late 80s. Hyundai and Kia are the same way, just you young fools can't seem to see that history is literally repeating itself.

The new NSX is great, literally a baby 918 Spyder
Try driving one instead of parroting memes

When compared to the old nsx, it is not. I have driven one and it feels soulless and boring when you compare it to its older counterpart

If you've driven the old one you'd know that most of them were pigfat as well and handled nowhere near as well as the Type Rs that journos jerking off to

Remember when Sony was top dog, now they had to sell their headquarters.

>The 02 NSX-R weighed over 1000 pounds less than the current NSX
Yeah nah

how to we stop Korea?

Let kim nuke em so make glorious best korea new production yugos

It also costs more and makes less power than a Camry

It's a peek at the kia stinker's future. Said another way, it is when a manufacturer on disposable cars aims too high. They neither get the product right or get people to accept it. In this case, Kia checks both boxes.

>The Genesis cars are already better than whatever the fuck Acura's doing

ah, no. nice try, though.

Its also slower than a C5 corvette with actual creature comforts
>so much soul

For the same price as a Hybrid Accord you can get this with a V8 sending power to the rear wheels

>Says biased busrider man
The Genesis cars are literally being designed by an ex BMW employee. Acura has been doing the same shit since 2000.

It isn't even a current gen Accord, seriously

kek this

Still my dream car

>4 spoke steering wheel
MUH dick

NSX can be easily switched the RWD at the press of a button

Sony always made shit products though

Really activates those almonds

Found the underage b&

>15k more
>Front wheel drive
>1 less horsepower
Lmao

yep its still my dream car too
I'd even have a MRS over ANY of the corvettes.
Pigfat american wannabe sportscars don't interest me

Here's your (you)

>They're improving at an accelerated rate right before our eyes. You're an unfair and wholly biased fanboy to disagree.

In one generation they've gone from the Veloster to the i30N. Complete turnaround from a tarted-up Accent with a bodykit to an impressive Nurburgring-bred hothatch. Hyundai are he u derdogs, and it shows in the fac that they actually listen to tbe feedback that they're getting from their customers and the press.

The new Elantra Sport, the i30 N, the mk2 Veloster, which will be based on both aforementioned, they're all shaping up to be marked improvements on the last generation of Hyundai products.

For Kia, we already know they're making vast improvements just from the sheer number of insecure anons making insecure posts about it here.

>All the gook butthurt ITT

Welcome shills

Name one thing innovative about this car.

Name one thing innovative about this car.

Smoothest engine performance of its class in its era?
Reaches 100k miles of ownership before needing anything other than basic maintenance?

>reliability is suddenly innovation

Both are quality luxury cars at a good price

>quality luxury is stealing designs from superior brands
>this is what gook shills are trained to believe

>Hyundai took the best thing from various manufacturers and put them together
>This somehow makes it a bad product
I guess you're not a fan of AK47s or AR15s then.

>implying the industry hasn't been doing that for decades

It's almost like the same guy designed both cars... woah

>Unironically believing they didn't blatantly steal from other manufacturers
>Rewarding thieving gooks for being thieving gooks by buying their shit product

I never said they didn't steal. Did you read my post? The point is I don't care about the ethics and culture of the company, I care about the product I receive and the price I pay for it. It's called not being a fanboy fag, you should try it some time.

>I care about the product I receive and the price I pay for it

Are you actually expecting a company that blatantly steals to deliver a quality product? Are you fucking retarded? If they could deliver a quality product, they wouldn't have to steal.

Koreans can't build cars, they're fucking trash. I'd sooner drive an old japanese car or even older german car.

I love how Americans like to cuck themselves over foreign brands.

nice pointing out peeling leather
Should I mention the awful quality of steel and paint all japs cars used?

Gooks
>Steal designs
>Shitty quality
>Awful performance
>Terrible reliability
vs.
Japs
>Bad steel
>Bad paint

>Wow the japs are just as bad!11!11!!11!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what do you mean?

Stop responding to the obvious shitposter

If it was blatant stealing, they would've been sued already. Get your head out of your ass.

Apparently it was.
The world didn't know what refinement and reliability was until the LS.

youtu.be/3Y-Gdz6N-dU

Germans BTFO!!!!!

Too bad you can't buy a new LS400

I hope they will put an N series motor in the fastback new coupes. Be a bit more BMWy and bit less VWy.

hyundai really want to be taken seriously, its kinda sad to see them try so hard and not get so far.

kia will never be taken seriously and i dont think they care because poorfags will always buy their cheap shit

>watch reviews of i30N
>backfires everytime they let off gas

Tfw too poor for nsx

>All this misinformation and blind hate for pedantic bullshit

If you're gonna hate on Hyundai, at least hate them for the right reasons

>Literally every Theta II is a grenade, even the recall replacements
>veloster/accent retarded torsion beam rear suspension
>late model elantras gone back to drum brakes
>no turbo or V8 Genesis coupe
>YF Sonata starters and steering coupler bushings
>Sonata/veloster/accent evap canisters

etc

Early Tau V8s burned so much oil that they're run dry before the oil change interval

Genesis, brought to you by Hyundai/Kia.

Japan made cars for over a century. South Korea was an impoverished nation making textile in the 1970's

Korea surpassed Japan in shipbuilding 20 years ago, in electronics 10 years ago, and now automobiles are next

The manufacturing process and quality was so good GM literally couldn't compete

>driving a 2011 accent 3 door hatch w/ 55k miles
>literally got it for free from a family member
>promised to drive it into the ground to save money
>will most likely put 100k miles on it
>just getting started after college so it a huge help
>but its a powder blue accent 3 door
jdimsa

>How the fuck can we fix Kia and Hyundai to make them somewhat competitive?
Both South Korea and Japan are poor on natural resources while their neighbors such as North Korea and China are comparatively much richer on natural resources, metals, and other materials. Both Japan and South Korea import materials by sea. They both get much of their raw materials and processed metals from China. The car industries also get a lot of processed items, parts, and assemblies from China.

Once China gets its foot in the door with car dealerships and service centers in the USA, that will be the start of the end of mass Japanese and Korean car sales in the USA. People do buy on price. And while many people mock chinese goods for quality, they still buy them as they are "good enough". You can already see examples of how China's Harbor Freight has put a lot of Japan-based USA-based tool makers' offices and dealers out of business. And even a lot of the other tool lines are rebranded goods made in China.

There is a vast gulf in terms of complexity between a mallet and a car

Kia managed to kill off other car brands boxy car Segment in the US with the Kia Soul. That thing singlehandedly killed off the Honda Element, Scion xb and Nissan Cube. So they're doing something right.

Are there even chink cars in the US? Mexico and South America have a fair number of FAW, BAIC, JAC and whatnot, but people really don't trust them much.

I wouldn’t say that they’ll never reach the success of jap/American brands. They're not there yet, but they’ve been on the rise in the past few years. You’ve got the Genesis coupe, G80 Sport, the upcoming Veloster N (current and older Veloster are all pretty mediocre), the i30 N(its a shame America didn’t get this), and the Stinger GT. Within 10 years they’ve managed to put out 5 good performance vehicles and they have a good warranty to support them.

Hahaha, its funny reading burgerclaps berating korean cars for being poor quality and/or terrible engineered...

>but muh plastic freedom

Do you even know how the world fucking works??

>chink steel plant sells steel at X dorrars a ton
>Nip car maker buys at market price of X USD a ton
>Chink car maker buys at market price of X USD a ton
oh wait...
>Chink car maker calls their friend in the communist party and secures themselves a deal
>chink car maker buys steel at less than X a ton.
>Nip car maker (and burgerclap and yuropoor makers as well) complain to their respective goverments that chinkmobile is cheating
>import taxes

There, thats what gonna happen... Chink cars are cheaper now because they are of poor quality, once their quality is comparable so will their prices be.
Its already happening in my line of engineering !

There are expensive Chinky chariots. Volvo is owned by fucking Geely now lmao.

They let the meatballs do their thing, they just pump money into the company.